Page 4 of 17 
Username Post: October Cricut Challenge Closed and scrapping        (Topic#1581241)
njr007
njr007 
Queen
njr007
In response to Anna C

Good morning!

We are now closed for signup and scrapping-Renay I got you added.

Yea to Trish for getting us started with the first project, looking forward to seeing October creations.

My scrap room is a disaster and Donna is coming over tomorrow so I am going to spend today trying to make it look pretty-okay make it look decent-okay make room on the table for her to work on!

Happy scrapping

melissadam
Angel
melissadam
In response to njr007

hoping for scrappy time today .....actually i have time to scrap Im just hoping for some mojo!

melissadam
Angel
melissadam
In response to melissadam

I managed to finish one thats been sitting on my table half done for a while ......I used george for the stars and baseball for the bats

pink out the park By Melissadam

mommaprov
Diva
mommaprov

acu2h and I finished my halloween blocks but I didn't use my cricut. Have a couple other things I still need to do and I will be using the cricut. Has anyone done glass etching with the cricut????

klweist
Diva
klweist
In response to mommaprov

Here's my first submission:

Miss Piggy By Klweist

Jen E
Jen E 
Guru
Jen E
  • Jen E on 10-03-12 02:11 PM
In response to NMscrapper

I use accent essentials for my hex cuts!

acu with love!

ChansGram
Queen
ChansGram
In response to Jen E

• Jen E Said:
I use accent essentials for my hex cuts!

acu with love!

I've looked on there, why can't I find things??!!!
oh well, me and hexies are now officially over each other! I LOVE the look of them, but struggle greatly with their placement.
My next post will show my issues!

ChansGram
Queen
ChansGram
In response to ChansGram

So, I started out placing the hexies ans just didn't know when/where to stop. If I stopped part way, it looked imcomplete, If I kept going, it looked over done. So, I now know to only do hexies from a lift where someone else has already thought out the placement. I can't believe such a simple LO took so long.
Anyway, thanks for listening and TFL!!
Rollin,Rollin,Rollin By ChansGram

klweist
Diva
klweist
In response to ChansGram

PS - I used Plantin School.

NMscrapper
Governor
NMscrapper
In response to ChansGram

• ChansGram Said:
So, I started out placing the hexies ans just didn't know when/where to stop. If I stopped part way, it looked imcomplete, If I kept going, it looked over done. So, I now know to only do hexies from a lift where someone else has already thought out the placement. I can't believe such a simple LO took so long.
Anyway, thanks for listening and TFL!!
Rollin,Rollin,Rollin By ChansGram

I love it! Your hexies are perfect! I think you just have to let them "be" as opposed to choreographing them.

Completely usless memory that just came out of nowhere: I had a show goat several years ago that no one could show but me. Everyone thought they knew how she should stand and tried to set her up to their specs. You guessed it, she rebelled every time and went dead last in her class! I took grand champion several times with her because I just let her assume her own position, as it were! I just let her "be!" (Sorry, LOL!)

crazycricut
Guru
crazycricut
In response to mommaprov

• mommaprov Said:
acu2h and I finished my halloween blocks but I didn't use my cricut. Have a couple other things I still need to do and I will be using the cricut. Has anyone done glass etching with the cricut????

I do a fair amount of glass etching with my cricut! Makes great wedding/shower gifts! Did you have a question?

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC
In response to crazycricut

Lovin all your hexies, Carol!!! I totally want to try that next...
I'm cu now!

njr007
njr007 
Queen
njr007
In response to SonjaC

Good morning!

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to njr007

Trish, I have to agree with you. Next time I do hexies, it will by with a sketch or a lift. I spent way too much time trying to position them.
I've been seeing layouts with diamonds on them too. I really like their look too. Anybody done a layout with them?

mommaprov
Diva
mommaprov
In response to Anna C

I have never done it and was wondering #1 Money wise is it a good investment (is it worth the money I have to spend) 2. Is it very complicated???

melissadam
Angel
melissadam
In response to Anna C

• Anna C Said:
I've been seeing layouts with diamonds on them too. I really like their look too. Anybody done a layout with them?

I did this one quite a while ago...I think I used george for the diamonds

Easter 1997 By Melissadam

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C

Thanks Michelle. I like your layout with the diamonds.

Here is my first project for this month. I used Happy Hauntings for this. TFL!

BOO By Anna C

Edited by Anna C on 10-05-12 03:03 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

MarciLB
Governor
MarciLB
In response to Anna C

Jci...acu!

MrsCDJ
MrsCDJ 
Idol
MrsCDJ
In response to MarciLB

Here is my first LO for the month:

Things I Love By MrsCDJ

All of the flowers were cut on the Cricut using SCAL files. The roses are from a "rolled rose" SVG I found a long time ago, and now I'm not entirely certain where, and the other flowers are just flowers layered together!

Sunnydi
Queen
Sunnydi
In response to Tracy F

• Tracy F Said:
I had a big scare last nite with my gypsy! I was all ready to cut and when I plugged the gypsy into my cricut I got a message on the gypsy that said I wasn't connected to my cricut. I tried unplugging it several times and even shut it down but still kept getting the same message. I was in a panic....I don't think I can scrap without my gypsy! Then I glanced at my cricut....it wasn't turned on! Talk about feeling stupid! lol

I feel the same way about scrapping without my Gypsy...sends me into panic mode. I wrote an email to Provocraft last week just to let them know how much I need/depend on mine and that I hope they would not stop supporting the units. I go an email back telling me they have no plans to stop supporting the Gypsy...... I know 'business' and that only holds for 'now'...what about in a year????

Page 4 of 17 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics