Page 1 of 23 
Username Post: October - New Layouts        (Topic#1581243)
cdjohnson
Governor
cdjohnson

Welcome to the October edition of New Layouts. Thanks to Donna for hosting September!

This thread is for sharing love on new layouts. If you don't do a lot of challenges, this is a great thread for getting your wonderful work seen and even if you do a lot of challenges...well one can never have too much love!!

It's a challenge of sorts though.... keeping up on giving love can be a real challenge!! We all JCI (Just Check(ing) In) often and try so hard to be ACU (All Caught Up) and MMS (Mark My Spot)... but let a day go by and you'll be VFB (Very Far Behind). We've also been known to toss about and create some new acronyms!!

The rules for this thread are simple: Post a newly uploaded layout, card or project, get comments and give comments on everyone's pages. No "drop and runs" please. If you get love be kind enough to give love back. There are NO challenges and NO Requirements on the TYPE of comments you leave, just be sincere but if you can't say something nice then don't say anything at all. But I'm sure you can think of something nice to say!

Please also remember several people post here; try not to flood the post with too many layouts at once. Please be considerate and do not post more than 5-7 in any post. No limit per day.
So, think you can do it??? Then come on by and join the fun! This thread has gained a fairly regular following. We enjoy seeing new people come by to share their work and join in the fun! You can join in at any time. Just remember that it is more fun if you give love and get love too!

Here is how to put your layout photo on a thread: 1. Go to layout/picture you want to post on the thread. 2. Scroll down to where it says "Share everywhere" 3. Click the Link/Embed Tab 4. Click on the "IMG CODE (for forums and bulletin boards)" Make sure the little green dot is in front of that phrase now. 5. Select what size you want the picture to be on the thread, most of us select "large". 6. Copy and Paste the Embed Code Below: 7. Paste the code to the thread as a new post. When you paste it you will only see the code. The picture will not appear until you post or preview your reply.

While this is a laid back community of artists and crafts people sharing their work and support, it's not a place to just drop off work and not visit the galleries of others in the thread. We encourage you to enjoy all the marvelous talent and leave comments! Should you encounter a problem with another poster in this thread, please PM them directly to ask your question or resolve your issue. The hostesses are not referees and can't step in the middle for you.

Speaking of hostesses..... this is a collaborative effort. We are rotating the job of hosting the thread. Included in the opening post is the schedule of hostesses over the next couple months. If you are interested in hosting.... please PM the current month's hostess to let her know. (BTW - the current month's hostess would be the one who started the thread) Hope everyone has a wonderfully creative month and gains inspiration and encouragement from each other!

Hostesses:

November...Cathe
December ... Terry

***Birthday List***

If you'd like to be included here send a message to the current month's hostess-we'd be happy to add you!

Donna January 12
Cheryl January 13
Denise February 13
Mandi February 17
Ashley March 1
Cathe March 18
Jeannie April 3
Katy May 1
Mel July 27
Terry August 5
Tish August 9
Stacey August 10
Jojo August 25
Ali November 3
Anna December 24

Here is a sketch to use if you like:

Sketch By Cdjohnson

Scrapkaty
Mayor
Scrapkaty
In response to cdjohnson

Cheryl, thanks for hosting October...and thanks to Donna for September!
I forgot all about last month's sketch! I'm still going to try it...and this month's looks do-able!
Thought I'd post some of my layouts from last weekend's retreat...
Here's one..
Clever By Scrapkaty

Scrapkaty
Mayor
Scrapkaty
In response to Scrapkaty

...and another....
Cookie Monster By Scrapkaty

and another...
down at Harry's bar By Scrapkaty

and one more...
A Father's Love By Scrapkaty

scrappin 2
Governor
scrappin 2
In response to Scrapkaty

Hi and gotta go grandkids are here.

cdjohnson
Governor
cdjohnson
In response to scrappin 2

Glad to see everyone is making there way to the new thread!

cdjohnson
Governor
cdjohnson
In response to cdjohnson

Dropping off a digi:

Big Boy By Cdjohnson

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to cdjohnson

Thanks Donna and Cheryl for being such awesome hostesses! I am very far behind over in September, promise to catch up soon, and will be here when I get caught up over there.

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to Anna C

Thanks to our hostesses!

cdjohnson
Governor
cdjohnson
In response to rockmom

Dropping off:

100% nerd By Cdjohnson

DittoBabyGirl
Governor
DittoBabyGirl
In response to cdjohnson

Good morning! October already? You know what that means....only 84 days left til Christmas!

(ducks to get out of the way of the objects being thown at her)

So hubby was able to switch tomorrow for today. Looks like our anniversary dinner is back on

Heres Patricks finished project...whatcha think? It feels bare to me....I don't usually scrap so plain. But I didn't want to take away from the bleakness of the photos. Would ya'll add anything? His teacher didn't want the photo titles on the front-all the written stuff had to go on the back. The photos are mated and distressed...we inked the edges of the posterboard. Patrick is now a pro at inking and distressing! He had to help somewhat lol

School Project By DittoBabyGirl

cdjohnson
Governor
cdjohnson
In response to DittoBabyGirl

Good morning!! I realy don't know where this year as gone.

Donna - I will not throw anything at you because I usually start my Christmas shopping in October and like to be finish up by December 1 if possible.

I am off this week and going to do some much needed deep down cleaning and decorating for fall. Of course, I will be making time for scrapping too!!

DittoBabyGirl
Governor
DittoBabyGirl
In response to cdjohnson

Thank you Cheryl-I appreciate that lol

scrappin 2
Governor
scrappin 2
In response to DittoBabyGirl

Donna I love anything Christmas so I won't throw anything at you either.

Thanks for hosting Sept. and Cheryl for taking over October. I'll take Nov.

Looking forward to new los. I will try and do the sketch this month.

Have a great day everyone.

tealbrand
Governor
tealbrand
In response to scrappin 2

really back for now, life is is getting back in order,dh was sick but he better had to get his teeths taken care of too much smokeing

Cheryl thanks for hosting October...and thanks to Donna for September! hate i miss everything that happen but i am back,have not scrap nothing need to start back and use up some of my goodies before i can buy anything else and i want to sell my baby bug so i can get the big one

dollscrap
Queen
dollscrap
In response to tealbrand

Donna as soon as school starts it's Christmas time..because after that it comes so fast....it's October....may as well start shopping...no more scrapcrap except for adhesives or tools til then...hahahahaha...unless Katy comes down and we go to Berkeley. The poster turned out great..I wondered why there was no text....why on the back?

MEL!!!! You're back!!! Welcome home! Hope you find a good deal on your new bug.

And thanks to our wonderful hostesses.

I was gonna do my on line traffic school last week.even circled it on the calendar but then the computer went on the fritz so now I gotta do it this week..have til the 31st. I don't WANNA do it...anyway I hear it takes anywhere from 4 to 6 hours and then I have to have it notarized...geez...people...don't speed!!

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to dollscrap

Good morning! All caught up around here finally. Left love everywhere and read the chatter for the most part. It has beeen a very busy and hectic few weeks for me. So far October isn’t look much better. Lots to do right now.

Welcome to October everyone!

Denise, I hope your friend is doing better. You are certainly a good neighbor!

Donna, glad the hubby could get the date changed and you get to have your anniversary meal. What would you add to the poster, Donna?

Scrapkaty
Mayor
Scrapkaty
In response to Anna C

Mel!! Welcome back! Hope everything is now going better for you!..

Cheryl, enjoy your week off...don't do tooo much cleaning! DH and I have this week off..cleaning? naaaa! But maybe we might start our Christmas shopping...but I just don't know what the girls want...gotta ask for some ideas...

Donna, yeay! your anniversary dinner is back on! That's cool dh could switch days for it.

Jeannie, good luck in your traffic school!! Hope you pass it with "flying colors"!

Now, for a couple more of my layouts I did at the retreat....

Best. Show. Ever. By Scrapkaty

Prom By Scrapkaty

ye olde medicine show By Scrapkaty

and...

Pinecrest Lake By Scrapkaty

cdjohnson
Governor
cdjohnson
In response to Scrapkaty

ACU2H

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to cdjohnson

Welcome back Mel! Good to see that you are back with us. Hope everyone is well at your house.

Abby0317
Mayor
Abby0317
In response to cdjohnson

Holy cow---October? Where oh where did the year go?

Thanks Donna & Cheryl! I'll host Dec since no one is listed yet!

Donna--yeah for hubbie! Have a special dinner someone really cool. I love the school project. I hope he gets a great grade on it!

Jeannie & Katy--OMG the lo's you two created are fantastic, awesome, adorable, wonderful, & much much more. See what good things come from fun, eating, sleeping, and no one to interrupt!

Mel--welcome back girl! Hope dh is doing fine!

Cheryl--tell Priscilla she's the cutest nerd I've ever seen!!!

I'm waiting for the carpet guy to come re-stretch the carpet so I can put the furniture back. DH did his walk across the columbia river yesterday. It was 6.2 miles & he did it in 1 hr 53 min. It was a gorgeous morning too. I walked about 1.5 mi with little abby!!
I'm off to see about things--maybe scrap-- Hi to everyone, see ya later

Page 1 of 23 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics