Page 21 of 23 
Username Post: October - New Layouts        (Topic#1581243)
Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to tealbrand

• tealbrand Said:
anna love u 2

Hi girlfriend! Love you2!

Jojo Noons
Mayor
Jojo Noons
In response to dollscrap

• dollscrap Said:
YAYYYYY Giants...one more game!..that'll be a nail biter.

Jarvae...your husband sews??? Would love to see your cloak.

Jojo girl when do you sleep???? I'm still waiting for you to send some of that energy my way.

Wish the high school was 3 blocks away, Mel....being practically next door is a pain...one time a kid brought a gun to school..actually no gun was found so anyway it was probably a kid SAYING he brought a gun to school...anyway they locked down the school and there were news and police and traffic helicopters hovering right overhead (loud..annoying!!) and those news vans with the giant thingamabobs on top....and parents everywhere trying to get into the school...it was a mess. dd2 had to sit in a class for 4 hours and they couldn't even go to the bathroom...she did call me from her cell though so I knew she was ok.
And the homecoming fireworks display happened last night...every time one went up Bravo ran around barking..there was no calming him down....nice view though.

Tomorrow dh comes home so I gotta get in a couple chick flicks beforehand....gonna watch Practical Magic right now and have some ice cream..that baseball game made me hungry.

I will catch up tomorrow......already yakked too much and you're probably mostly all asleep anyway...except for Jojo...lol..hi!

LOL!!! I've been known to take cat naps...

Had a meeting with the local ATV club last night...we're getting more involved everyday) anyway...it went very well...alot accomplished and figured out next year's event schedule. Got some local business owners together and we are collaberating on a WINTERFEST...LOL!!! this is going to be fun. This will keep me young and busy,,,right??? It is to draw people in and to build good relations between owners of lodging. Plenty to go around...for the good of all...bring in revenue...

This hurricane,,,sheesh!!! I haven't been watching weather forecasts...will watch tomorrow morning and do some shopping and batten down the hatches. Received five calls from seasonals asking to secure this, that and the other thing...Hubby's job! Me I'm going to finish making valances for the kitchen and livingroom.

Hubby picked up a snowmobile...OIY another toy...and he plans on getting me one. I'd rather ride my ATV...know nothing about snowmobiles...Hubby saya I'll pick it up like anything else...

Have a crew coming into the cabin Tuesday... yes... THIS Tuesday to cut into my livingroom floor....we are putting in a staircase down to the cellar and finishing that off as a large livingroom and then THIS existing livingroom will become a diningroom. Have a crew coming next week to work on the roof of the store...then to discuss and tweek the plans for INSIDE the store...I'll have to remember Thanksgiving is coming at some point...Believe me...I'll probably start mumbling nonsense pretty soon! Who's on first, What's on second... I have about 9 notebooks going now trying to keep things straight....

jeannie...I'm going to bed now and praying my mind shuts down for a little bit!

scrappin 2
Governor
scrappin 2
In response to Jojo Noons

Everyone in Sandy's path, stay safe. I wish they had given this storm another name. I have a first cousin named Sandy and she is one of the nicest persons on earth.

Thinking of everyone tonight. It was a very busy weekend. My brother and his wife came up Sat. afternoon. (they live about 2 hrs. away)We had supper at my sister's house. We got to see the new baby and hold him.

We had our usual group of the 12 of us for dinner. The adult kids always clean up but I still had two big pans of soup to take care of.

Take care everyone.

cdjohnson
Governor
cdjohnson
In response to scrappin 2

Thinking about calling it a night and read for a bit!! Night all

dollscrap
Queen
dollscrap
In response to cdjohnson

HOORAY!!!!!!!!!! GO GIants!!!!!!! doing the happy dance! World Series Champs 2 our of 3 years!

bbl to comment but for now gotta watch all the celebrating on tv..see each play over and over and watch the guys drench themselves with champagne!

cdjohnson
Governor
cdjohnson
In response to dollscrap

Good morning!! It is COLD this morning 37. Brrr. I am not ready for cold weather.

Everyone in Sandy's path, please take care and praying for safety.

scrappin 2
Governor
scrappin 2
In response to cdjohnson

Good morning!

Congrats to all the SF baseball fans. I wasn't rooting for either team. We are Cub fans being so close to Chicago.(I probably shouldn't even admit it)

Everyone in Sandy's path, please be safe!

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to scrappin 2

Congrats to you Giants fans!

Several inches of snow here with lots more on the way.

Laters!

DittoBabyGirl
Governor
DittoBabyGirl
In response to Anna C

Did you say snow??? Wow-not even November yet!

Morning all! It is soooooo beautiful outside. Its only 60 degrees! What a nice break from the heat. Yesterday I sat outside on the swing in my lanai with a book, my Ipad and a glass of wine snuggled up in sweatpants and a sweatshirt. Oh did that feel nice!

ACU to here. Can't find my mojo for nothin. I had to make a birthday card for a friend yesterday-took me 3 hours to make one stupid card!

Everyone in the path of Sandy be safe! Looks like Mother Nature is ticked off about something between this cold weather hurricane and snow. Yikes!

tealbrand
Governor
tealbrand
In response to DittoBabyGirl

congrats to the giants

it little cold but suppose to warm up it 40 something got chicken and dumpling going in my crockpot 2 yummy got my aaliyah till wed she so much fun she talking real good for a 2yrs old,cheryl how is dh doing big hug!! jeannie i hate the 4th because of the firework bear has a meltdown from all the noise,
cathe happy you had a nice family visit
donna that sound like a very good me time
wonder how terry doing!!
stay safe if sandy is coming your way now they calling it halloween storm
hi to everyone else and acu2h

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 10-29-12 10:16 AM
In response to tealbrand

Hi everyone!

We are back from another wonderful weekend at Faire. But WOW it was cold. I am usually overly hot so I wasn't worried too much about being cold in my garb. But I had to stay in the sun all day to stay comfortable. Then at night we had bonfires going everywhere. Plus I had my cloak, a hat, and my hand warmers. I'll post pics when I can.

It's still cold here near Dallas, but no snow. I am working from home today and have sweat pants, sweat shirt, and socks on and I'm still thinking about turning on the heat for a bit. I am going to go to the store soon and get stuff to make cabbage soup. I don't typically like soups and this is the only one I make. Basically I make it when I have given up on warm weather and am surrendering to the thought that it is now cold.

Thanks everyone for the well wishes on the job. It would be a totally different job so I'm kind of wondering how that would be. We'll see what happens

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 10-29-12 10:27 AM
In response to dollscrap

• dollscrap Said:

Jarvae...your husband sews??? Would love to see your cloak.

Yep, he does. Well, now I do a little of the sewing as well but back then I didn't know a single thing about sewing. I will see if I have any pics of me wearing the cloak. I might have one from this weekend. He also made his shirt and doublet that he usually wears.

rockmom
Governor
rockmom
In response to Vae

Congrats to the Giants. Now its someone elses turn...

Anna, y'all stay safe and warm.

Jarvae, glad to hear you had a wonderful time. Hope you warm up.

Been sick this weekend, mustva had a stomach virus. Yuck... weak but better now. Don't get it y'all you wont like it.

Edited by rockmom on 10-29-12 11:03 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

dollscrap
Queen
dollscrap
In response to rockmom

Sandy is all over the news...that and the Giants win. I hope you all are safe. My nephew lives in Queens....he moved there a couple years ago right before the big blizzard....poor California boy!

Jo...how did you sleep last night.

Jarvae looking forward to seeing your pics

..speaking of pics DONNA!!! ok so no mojo but how about some pics from your vacation.

It has been beautiful the last couple days...wore shorts yesterday and had to put the fan on...supposed to rain Wednesday just in time for the big SF Giants parade.

Lol Denise...who says it's someone elses turn?? Hope you're feeling better.

Cheryl how is your husband coping..he must be so anxious.

Mel...I hate the fireworks on the 4th too...however they last so long thoughout the evening that eventually the dogs calm down and no longer bark...but they are so freaked at first.

Anna keep warm....scrap!

Cathe....2013 could be the Cubs' year...ya never know with baseball.

As for me a blood vessel popped in my eye again...happens once a year..doesn't hurt but looks dreadful....will be perfect for Halloween if I want to be a witch or a zombie.

genni
genni 
Guru
genni
  • genni on 10-29-12 01:26 PM
In response to dollscrap

Sugar and Spice By Genni

52 sketches.... great sketch, glad I found and borrowed it So excited I had paper as bright as the girls' clothes!

rockmom
Governor
rockmom
In response to genni

LOL, just a little gentle dig, Jeannie. You know two outta three....

Yeh feeling better just super weak. TFA

Owie, hate when those things pop but it did happen at holloween time, perfect timing if its gotta go!

cdjohnson
Governor
cdjohnson
In response to rockmom

all caught up for now

Jojo Noons
Mayor
Jojo Noons
In response to cdjohnson

Hi gals!!! Hope all who are in Sandy's path are buttoned down, safe and sound. It was mild here temp wise all day long...we have moving clouds, wind picked up as the afternoon went on...and it has begun to drizzle, spit, drizzle...things are picking up some but we are on the outskirts of it.

Made chicken pot pie for dinnah...YUM!

jeannie I slept off and on....back with the crazy panic/hot flashes again... they had subsided for most of the summer...and I had stopped taking a natural supplement which seemed to help. So I'm starting back up on them...but it's a pain right now. Great effect for Halloween...(your eye) wonder why that happens though once a year to cause that. I did it once because of the way I sneeze...I tend to hold it in...just have always sneezed that way, even as a little kid...drove my Mom nuts!!! The one time it happened was 3 days before I was to go and have my senior pics done. Kept the appt. and they touched it up for me.

Hope Anna is doing OK!!!

Back to crocheting...trying to finish off an afghan for "Grampa" (no relation) just a nice dear old friend...we knew back home and he has been coming up to stay at the campground. Billy found him a camper, now he will be seasonal next year. So I wanted to make him a "homecoming gift".

Curtains are going slowly...need to pull apart sewing machine to clean it and give it a lil oil...
behind on house work...have a full day of THAT tomorrow. It's gonna rain anyway...LOL! Like I need an excuse! HA!

tealbrand
Governor
tealbrand
In response to cdjohnson

acu2h

won a $25 gift card for amazon from free sample .com it a lot of free stuff they find for you and all you do is go get them i got some stuff on my wish list on amazon with free shipping will be back tues it time for me to get off and spent time with family

scrappin 2
Governor
scrappin 2
In response to tealbrand

My Girl By Scrappin 2

Here is one I did today. There is no photo because I'm giving it to my great niece. I'm making her some los as she has 3 children a husband and teaches. She used to scrap, but doesn't have time now. She said she's love some los.

Page 21 of 23 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics