Page 2 of 3 
Username Post: Is this the norm? Ettiquite question!        (Topic#1581279)
RedSquirrel UK
Diva
RedSquirrel UK
In response to _pink_glitter_hearts_

My mouth is still hanging open at the bare-faced cheek of it. I would want very much to put my side of it to my aunt, so I didn't get tarred with the fall-out from your cousin's staggering behaviour. But I think it's best to let sleeping (female) dogs lie, and keep well out of it. That is all kinds of crazy.

I would send a card, a gift if you wish, and let it go at that.

Resident

WOW!! This is all kinds of wrong!!! The part about the caterer, makes ME crazy mad. This starts wit hthe fact they didn't send invitations all the way t obeing mad becouse you are not going! ICK.!
YEs good for you for not backing down on this.

Unique scrapper
Veteran
Unique scrapper
In response to Laura40

I would ignore the whole situation. It is totally out of control and you should not fret over any of the craziness. You are in the right.
Reminds me, today, the generator company was supposed to come to fix the mother board of the generator that was just put in and is still not paid for.. The boss calls at 2:30 to say the worker is leaving now to come to my place. OK. Good, Well, it is raining all day today. So, the owner of the company asks me if I have a big umbrella. I say, "yes" He says good and he wants to know if I (yes, ME) can go outside and hold the umbrella over the workman. I ask him if he is serious. He says yes. I told him NO I am not going to stand in the rain holding an umbrella over his worker and that he should send 2 men to do the job. They are now coming on Thursday if it is not raining. The NERVE!

Als_Gal
Guru
Als_Gal
In response to Unique scrapper

• Unique scrapper Said:
I would ignore the whole situation. It is totally out of control and you should not fret over any of the craziness. You are in the right.
Reminds me, today, the generator company was supposed to come to fix the mother board of the generator that was just put in and is still not paid for.. The boss calls at 2:30 to say the worker is leaving now to come to my place. OK. Good, Well, it is raining all day today. So, the owner of the company asks me if I have a big umbrella. I say, "yes" He says good and he wants to know if I (yes, ME) can go outside and hold the umbrella over the workman. I ask him if he is serious. He says yes. I told him NO I am not going to stand in the rain holding an umbrella over his worker and that he should send 2 men to do the job. They are now coming on Thursday if it is not raining. The NERVE!

RIDICULOUS!! How dare he think you would do that lolol

Als_Gal
Guru
Als_Gal
In response to Als_Gal

News of the day: Party has been cancelled and it was posted all over FB, I had so many inbox messages about it found out she told the a few cousins that I backed out at the last minute therefore since they were planning on my paying for the catering they had to cancel the event due to fact that they cant afford to feed 350 guests and it is unfair that they come to a party and not get fed. LOL

scraprabbit
Queen
scraprabbit
In response to Als_Gal

You've got to be kidding. I'm laughing at the insanity of it all.

Als_Gal
Guru
Als_Gal
In response to scraprabbit

• scraprabbit Said:

I wish I was, I told cousin to get a job and quit expecting others to foot the bill for her lol She called my sisters crying about me being so rude and that my poor Aunt is in hysterics over it. They told her well what do you expect Kim to do? she said pay for the caterer and quit being a tightwad she has a man have him pay. I didn't ask you girls because I know your single ladies and I didn't think it was fair for you to pay so much but she has a man and he can foot the bill. If he wants to be a member of this family he should know thats how things are done you get told to pay and you do it or else no one will ever talk to you again! lol

ScrappyMama6
Mayor
ScrappyMama6
In response to Als_Gal

The sad thing is, Im sure the couple would have loved a prty, a gathering of friends and family. Not necessarily a big shindig and bickering!

It could have been intimate and scaled down and made simple if everyone had agreed to bring a dish or desserts or drinks, and gifts for the couple as they chose.

Instead it got ruined by assumptions and greed.

Send a gift if you wish and be glad its over. What a mess.

SmartyPants
Diva
SmartyPants
In response to ScrappyMama6

wow - I am sure that the truth will be seen by your family!! I would NOT feel guilty about it all. you did absolutely nothing wrong!! Hold you head up high!!!
good luck!!

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to SmartyPants

The fact that you "have a man" so he can pay --- that is the dumbest thing I've ever heard.

I "have a man" too but he is not expected to pay for things my family decides to do. I've never heard of such a thing.

Manda_K
Queen
Manda_K
In response to Als_Gal

• Als_Gal Said:
  • scraprabbit Said:

I wish I was, I told cousin to get a job and quit expecting others to foot the bill for her lol She called my sisters crying about me being so rude and that my poor Aunt is in hysterics over it. They told her well what do you expect Kim to do? she said pay for the caterer and quit being a tightwad she has a man have him pay. I didn't ask you girls because I know your single ladies and I didn't think it was fair for you to pay so much but she has a man and he can foot the bill. If he wants to be a member of this family he should know thats how things are done you get told to pay and you do it or else no one will ever talk to you again! lol

That is one of the CRAZIEST things I have ever heard!! WHAT??!! Your family has nerve!

RedSquirrel UK
Diva
RedSquirrel UK
In response to Manda_K

Unbelievable. Your cousin is living on a different planet from the rest of us. This is just Jerry Springer material. You should ring him, he'd have her and her craziness on the show and maybe that would pay her bills.

Oh and DH's comment was whether your cousin is single? Because he can't imagine she'd keep a man once he found out about that attitude.

Als_Gal
Guru
Als_Gal
In response to RedSquirrel UK

• RedSquirrel Said:
Unbelievable. Your cousin is living on a different planet from the rest of us. This is just Jerry Springer material. You should ring him, he'd have her and her craziness on the show and maybe that would pay her bills.

Oh and DH's comment was whether your cousin is single? Because he can't imagine she'd keep a man once he found out about that attitude.

Even better no man wants her so she found a girlfriend to put up with her BS lol

GIGIGI30
Expert
GIGIGI30
In response to Als_Gal

WOW...That's some bull!!

What kind of family member "expect" you and your kids to pay or ultimately pay for a catering bill without notice? You invite people to an event or celebration with the assumption they'll be there to enjoy the moment with you and if they're willing to give you something in return, it's up to them. At least, that's my humble opinion. You plan ahead, and if you can't afford to pay for your own stuff, you just don't do it. Plain and simple. You don't call people (whether family or not) to ask them for money, donation or else. If I was you, I'll tell them to beat it....a***es!!!

Expert

wow...just wow...I cant even believe this story! How ridiculous that they would think you would pay for the food for the party!
And catered to boot!

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda
In response to deedee49

Because this is SO bizarre and unbelievable, I have to ask...

Did you *possibly* (perhaps unintentionally) give some indication that you would pay for some of the party expense?

Maybe a year ago, "we're planning a party for Aunt and Uncle X, would you help out?"

"Yeah, sure, let me know..."

You forget about it. Now their way of letting you know is that YOU're paying for the caterer?

I just have to play devil's advocate here...

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda
In response to GIGIGI30

• GIGIGI30 Said:
WOW...That's some bull!!

What kind of family member "expect" you and your kids to pay or ultimately pay for a catering bill without notice? You invite people to an event or celebration with the assumption they'll be there to enjoy the moment with you and if they're willing to give you something in return, it's up to them. At least, that's my humble opinion. You plan ahead, and if you can't afford to pay for your own stuff, you just don't do it. Plain and simple. You don't call people (whether family or not) to ask them for money, donation or else. If I was you, I'll tell them to beat it....a***es!!!

I totally agree!
You throw the kind of party you can afford!!

kelseymel
Idol
kelseymel
In response to Als_Gal

• Als_Gal Said:

Even better no man wants her so she found a girlfriend to put up with her BS lol

What?

Mississippi Queen
Diva
Mississippi Queen

I have heard of tacky behavior, but this tops it all. I think you handled it beautifullyand I would ignore any and all attempts to convince you otherwise.

Als_Gal
Guru
Als_Gal
In response to kelseymel

• kelseymel Said:
  • Als_Gal Said:

What?

She has a girlfriend no man would want her 350 lb butt.

Page 2 of 3 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics