Page 3 of 3 
Username Post: Is this the norm? Ettiquite question!        (Topic#1581279)
Als_Gal
Guru
Als_Gal
In response to Bxr-Linda

• Bxr-Linda Said:
Because this is SO bizarre and unbelievable, I have to ask...

Did you *possibly* (perhaps unintentionally) give some indication that you would pay for some of the party expense?

Maybe a year ago, "we're planning a party for Aunt and Uncle X, would you help out?"

"Yeah, sure, let me know..."

You forget about it. Now their way of letting you know is that YOU're paying for the caterer?

I just have to play devil's advocate here...

Linda we just found out about this party 3 weeks ago and we found out on FB she posted about it then the messages started

madmatter
Diva
madmatter
In response to Als_Gal

• Als_Gal Said:
  • kelseymel Said:
  • Als_Gal Said:

Even better no man wants her so she found a girlfriend to put up with her BS lol

What?

She has a girlfriend no man would want her 350 lb butt.

Kim ... I'm sure you didn't mean this the way it sounds, but this statement comes across as very offensive ... if someone is a lesbian, it's not because "no man would want her", it's because that's her sexual preference

ScrappyMama6
Mayor
ScrappyMama6
In response to madmatter

• madmatter Said:
  • Als_Gal Said:
  • kelseymel Said:
  • Als_Gal Said:

Even better no man wants her so she found a girlfriend to put up with her BS lol

What?

Kim ... I'm sure you didn't mean this the way it sounds, but this statement comes across as very offensive ... if someone is a lesbian, it's not because "no man would want her", it's because that's her sexual preference

THIS

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda
In response to Als_Gal

• Als_Gal Said:
  • Bxr-Linda Said:

Did you *possibly* (perhaps unintentionally) give some indication that you would pay for some of the party expense?

Maybe a year ago, "we're planning a party for Aunt and Uncle X, would you help out?"

You forget about it. Now their way of letting you know is that YOU're paying for the caterer?

Linda we just found out about this party 3 weeks ago and we found out on FB she posted about it then the messages started

Just my critical mind working, and trying to come up with a reasonable explanation, because I don't believe any normal person would behave like this.

Als_Gal
Guru
Als_Gal
In response to madmatter

• madmatter Said:
  • Als_Gal Said:
  • kelseymel Said:
  • Als_Gal Said:

What?

I am sorry for making it sound offensive didn't mean it. But I am serious in the fact that at 32 she has been married 5 times and each time the man left cause he couldn't put up with her. She told us at a family function that she decided to get involved with her girlfriend cause no man wanted to put up with her beauty they were jealous that she was so beautiful and they were ugly.

Als_Gal
Guru
Als_Gal
In response to Bxr-Linda

• Bxr-Linda Said:
  • Als_Gal Said:
  • Bxr-Linda Said:

Just my critical mind working, and trying to come up with a reasonable explanation, because I don't believe any normal person would behave like this.

Linda she is far from normal, she believes that the world revolves around her and that you should be grateful that she allows you in here world lol

PokeyMom
Pro
PokeyMom
In response to Als_Gal

From what you described, it sounds like your cousin suffers from NPD, narcissistic personality disorder aka "emotional vampire", one who s*cks the life out of others by being so demanding and always blaming others, never wrong, can't apologize, etc.

When she was in a rage over your response and her behavior (controlling, influence), that is called a "narcissistic fit". These types of people have difficulties in any and all of their relationships because they are demanding, controlling, self centered, self absorbed and uncaring of others feelings, all behaviors that alienate other people who run for the hills and hide.

I hope that enlightens you about her personality issue.

You handled the situation gracefully.

Wikipedia Definition

NPD characteristics

angie girl
Diva
angie girl
In response to PokeyMom

• PokeyMom Said:
From what you described, it sounds like your cousin suffers from NPD, narcissistic personality disorder aka "emotional vampire", one who s*cks the life out of others by being so demanding and always blaming others, never wrong, can't apologize, etc.

When she was in a rage over your response and her behavior (controlling, influence), that is called a "narcissistic fit". These types of people have difficulties in any and all of their relationships because they are demanding, controlling, self centered, self absorbed and uncaring of others feelings, all behaviors that alienate other people who run for the hills and hide.

I hope that enlightens you about her personality issue.

You handled the situation gracefully.

Wikipedia Definition

NPD characteristics

So, I assume you have the appropriate medical degree to make this diagnosis???

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to angie girl

I checked the links you posted - WOW! Sounds like you are right on target! Thanks for posting the links - it was interesting reading.

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam
In response to Als_Gal

• Als_Gal Said:
  • Bxr-Linda Said:
  • Als_Gal Said:
  • Bxr-Linda Said:

Linda she is far from normal, she believes that the world revolves around her and that you should be grateful that she allows you in here world lol

I think this is your answer!

Page 3 of 3 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics