Username Post: Canada shipping        (Topic#1581285)
Cindyckj
Pro
Cindyckj

Was just curious if somebody from canada could put a set of stickers in their cart and tell me how much shipping is?

I just paid $1.50 and the PO to ship stickers to a friend and I was so expecting it to cost tons more cause people here from canada pay so much.

Thanks

OlesyaK.
Diva
OlesyaK.
In response to Cindyckj

here on this superstore?
put a pack of rub ons, $3.50 value - shipping is $24.68.
yep.
by the by, don't think that joann's online will cost you less - 'cause it won't. I was so happy to see joann's shipping to canada - first, the free shipping didn't apply, and the shipping was more. then the special handling fee. then the processing fee. then the taxes on top. it wasn't worth it at all..

Cindyckj
Pro
Cindyckj
In response to OlesyaK.

I used a padded envelope just like they use here. Sb.com pays the same shipping as I do and there's no reason for shipping to be that much to canada.

Even here in the US they advertise new lower shipping for lightweight items but for a little set of jolees stickers it's still $2.99 for shipping which is pretty close to double the actual cost of $1.64. But it's better than the little over 4 times the cost of sctual shipping they were charging. There's got to be a better system for determining postage than the way they are doing it now?

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny
In response to Cindyckj

Yup, just tested (you can enter any shipping destination to test, regardless of where you physically are), and got the same result as Olesya for a little set of Stickopotamus stickers.

Cindyckj
Pro
Cindyckj
In response to aquabunny

I guess nobody really checks with usps to see what it acutally should cost?

OlesyaK.
Diva
OlesyaK.
In response to Cindyckj

it's likely that they add the cost of the envelope to the cost of shipping, making it 3 bucks. and just don't get me started on canadian shipping... it's a pain, if they ship at all.
I think they want it tracked/registered when shipping internationally, that's why the initial cost is huge, but in the end it's lots of little orders that make the business, is it not?

Cindyckj
Pro
Cindyckj
In response to OlesyaK.

I'll have to ask how much the shipping options are the next time I go to the PO.

For me through paypal in the us for anything under 3 oz is like $1.64 with a dc number and I buy a bulk order of envelops from ebay which end up like .20 cents a piece so i'm sure they probably get an even better discount than I do cause I only order 200 at a time and those last me a good long time but if I could order more at a time they'd be even cheaper.

Resident
In response to Cindyckj

if you buy a thing of stickers and order it from here if you put a note to refund any overages on shipping they will do that.

kiyawinn
Guru
kiyawinn
In response to must_love_paper

I really don't know how it works.....
If I ship from here (Canada) using our local post office to places in the U.S., shipping is of course based on weight and it doesn't usually cost more than a few dollars for something as light as a pack of stickers...
I know I pay a lot of money for shipping when I order from here or anywhere in the States really.....not sure why

Alison

JazzieLynne
Veteran
JazzieLynne
In response to kiyawinn

And then there is always the possibility of DUTY!

My rule is - if shipping is just about as much as or more than the product being bought....I am shopping around.

Try THE SCRAP YARD on facebook for Scrappy supplies - amazing supplies, amazing ladies and FAIR shipping!

NMlady
NMlady 
Governor
NMlady
In response to JazzieLynne

They sell way too much here to weigh each little item that they mail to you and pick the tiniest box/envelope to mail it in so my suggestion to you is to not buy from a large online store and stick to the tiny ones or the ebay sellers.

Cindyckj
Pro
Cindyckj
In response to NMlady

I'm glad I live in central IL, and I am one of those ebay sellers. lol And recently found a cool fb scrapbooking page to sell on. I usually just sell just to US residents but recently had to ship to canada and was shocked to see that it was cheaper to ship from IL to canada than it was to ship to the next state over from me. She said that was not always the case though.

I usually save a litle every month to buy something scrappy but come the first of the month i'm really wanting to buy something and get tired of waiting for free shipping so I just go in town instead. So by the time free shipping rolls around my scrapping money is gone!

OlesyaK.
Diva
OlesyaK.
In response to kiyawinn

• kiyawinn Said:
I really don't know how it works.....
If I ship from here (Canada) using our local post office to places in the U.S., shipping is of course based on weight and it doesn't usually cost more than a few dollars for something as light as a pack of stickers...
I know I pay a lot of money for shipping when I order from here or anywhere in the States really.....not sure why

Alison

One would think so, right?
I had an incident once where i tried to ship a pack of stickers in an envelope to a friend in europe. the lady at the office asked me what's inside - and stickers weren't considered paper products! if it's not paper products, it ships as a PARCEL instead of a letter. what was before $2 international letter turned into a $10 parcel!

New Kid On the Block
In response to OlesyaK.

I have the same problem here in New Zealand. I have managed to find some suppliers in the USA who have reasonable shipping, but none of them have the selection of here.

I just get the feeling they don't really want the hassle of shipping overseas, so price themselves way high perhaps?

I have actually questioned the shipping as well, but told that's what it costs.....so I have been forced to look elsewhere.

RedSquirrel
Diva
RedSquirrel
In response to kiwifarmer

I have a friend in the US who offered very kindly to have my order shipped to her. She then repackaged it and sent it to me for a fraction of the original quoted cost by removing most of the packaging. The store uses big boxes to protect the contents.

I can see both sides. We don't want our bill tripled by shipping, but we do want our goods to be guaranteed to arrive in A1 condition. It isn't the store that charges, it's the shipping companies.

The part that gets me annoyed on behalf of the Canadians is that Canada is not across the sea. It is only politically "international", not geographically. It is closer to ship to from Arizona than a good half of the US. The bumped-up cost is purely political.

crazycricut
Guru
crazycricut
In response to Cindyckj

• Cindyckj Said:
I'm glad I live in central IL, and I am one of those ebay sellers. lol And recently found a cool fb scrapbooking page to sell on. I usually just sell just to US residents but recently had to ship to canada and was shocked to see that it was cheaper to ship from IL to canada than it was to ship to the next state over from me. She said that was not always the case though.
Where is central IL? (have I asked you this before?) I live in the Champaign arean but have been traveling around the state with my dh when he goes on business and I am alwasy trying to hunt down the scrapbook stores while he is working!
I usually save a litle every month to buy something scrappy but come the first of the month i'm really wanting to buy something and get tired of waiting for free shipping so I just go in town instead. So by the time free shipping rolls around my scrapping money is gone!

JenKoss
Veteran
JenKoss
In response to crazycricut

I've wanted to order from here, but the shipping to Canada is high enough that it doesn't seem worth it to me. If I really want something that I can't find at my LSS I'll check eBay; otherwise I either do without or find something here that's similar.

Jen

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics