Page 2 of 2 
Username Post: Just Had to Share Good News!        (Topic#1581287)
Scrapkaty
Mayor
Scrapkaty
In response to Lunie

Congrats on your new home...and your own craft room! How exciting!

kajunkat
Idol
kajunkat
In response to Lunie

Congrats ! ! !

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to Lunie

I am so happy for you. I would love to build a house from scratch and pick everything but I think we will always be in this house. I like our house, but there are a lot of changes I would make!

abbynormaloh75
Guru
abbynormaloh75
In response to Henri Jean

congrats on your new home.

anda11
anda11 
Mayor
anda11

• Henri Jean Said:
I am so happy for you. I would love to build a house from scratch and pick everything but I think we will always be in this house. I like our house, but there are a lot of changes I would make!

Dear Henri, you are never around long enough to actually do it.

pamela.tx
Guru
pamela.tx
In response to Lunie

Right now I have taken over the dining room with all my craftiness. So now, I will have my space and will have more room for friends to come over and play too.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to pamela.tx

Very good point.

We did have a house built for our son on our property - beautiful 2-story and Joe got to pick the tile and the grout, kicthen and bathroom cabinets, all countertops, light fixtures, paint, carpet and appliances. He had a ball - We all went together when he made his selections and his house turned out awesome.

Funny thing was we left on a South Pacific cruise for 30 days - it left out of San Francisco and returned to San Francisco so we were gone about 3 months. Seems that after the cruise we went to Hawaii for a while.

Anyway, we left town and they started clearing the area the next day. My son lived in an apartment then so we found a builder we really trusted and appointed a friend to make decisions if need be and we couldn't be reached.

When we came home the house was standing and they were trimming it out inside!

Then it got really funny. My husband told the builder, "While you are here, we would like the window torn out in the front of the guest house and double doors french doors put in so guests can easily get to their cars without lugging their stuff around back by the pool to get in.

We also want a bookcase built in the main house - floor to ceiling. And a light system from our kitchen to the guest house so we can notify them when we are up and they can do the same.

He kept coming up with projects and the builder pulled me aside and said, "If I buy you tickets to go on another cruise will you take him out of town again?"

pamela.tx
Guru
pamela.tx

That's too funny Henri! I wonder what my mom will want them to do considering she is going to be next door and her house was built by the same builder. I am sure she will try to make a deal with them to do little things for her too....since they are there.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to pamela.tx

That is funny. I now have another list of projects and would love to have them back again to start doing things again. Our house was built in 1973 so there are a ton of projects and so much updating I would like to have done.

When I talk about remodelling the kitchen or doing something my husband asks me, "WOuld you like to take another nice cruise or update the kitchen, which is fine as it is?" I go pack.

pamela.tx
Guru
pamela.tx

I would pack too!

Page 2 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics