Username Post: I discovered the coolest technique!        (Topic#1581299)
kiyawinn
Guru
kiyawinn

Bleach!.....
I was reading through an old scrapbooking magazine and found this article on using bleach....I had turned the page down and then I guess I forgot about it!
Anyway, you can paint with it onto pp or cs and it lifts some of the colour. You can also stamp with it.
The coolest pics I saw in the article were when they used a template (the one they used was flowers) and spritzed the bleach out of a tiny mister. You let it all dry first and then lift the template....it looks really cool!
You can also die cut a shape (they used a heart) out of cs and then crumple it, dab with a paper towel soaked in bleach, let it dry, open it up and you've got something that looks like tie-dye!
I haven't tried any of these yet but it all looked really fun. They said that using bleach on your stamps or brushes is safe....just wash with warm soapy water afterwards.
Maybe some of you have all ready tried this?

Alison

mrsdriver5
Idol
mrsdriver5
In response to kiyawinn

Nope, haven't tried it...but I will Sounds interesting. Thanks for sharing~Judy

GMFTS
GMFTS 
Mayor
GMFTS
  • GMFTS on 10-01-12 03:26 PM
In response to mrsdriver5

ooh yes... I have forgotten about that too... probably have the same page dogeared...

Thanks for the reminder.

Seaside Dreams
Veteran
Seaside Dreams
In response to GMFTS

I remember reading about it but I never tried it, either. I thought it looked cool, though!

Kim222
Kim222 
Mayor
Kim222
In response to Seaside Dreams

Very cool!! Cant wait to see what you do with it!

We did a technique in class the other night that gave the look of bleaching.

We had layers of different colored Dylusions sprays on a giant tag, then stamped an image on it with Archival ink. Then we took a water brush (you could use a paint brush dipped in water as well) and painted the water over a section of the stamped image. In my case, it was leaves. As you brush the water on, it lifts the color off.

We let it dry a little between each application of water and kept repeating that until we got the desired look. Fun!

prittb
prittb 
Diva
prittb
In response to Kim222

I did it a couple of years ago with a pumpkin template put on an dark orange cardstock. It turned out really cool.

Edited by prittb on 10-02-12 06:02 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Cricutgirlg
Expert
Cricutgirlg
In response to prittb

I read about it years ago, but tried it. It would be cool to try it now.

ajsophios62
Diva
ajsophios62
In response to kiyawinn

My Gf and I played with bleach a few weeks ago. Using cardstock we painted , misted , masked - we tried all the tecniques. What was so fascinating is the different effects we got using different ranges of cardstock. And yet if the cardstock is coated you may get no reaction at all. Make sure there's pleanty of ventilation and have fun. Angela

randasue
Guru
randasue
In response to ajsophios62

you can use a bleach pen an doodle with it on your cardstock, or write on it and it is pretty cool looking too!

New Kid On the Block
In response to kiyawinn

I used to do it all the time for different effects, its a lot of fun. I've just actually started doing it again recently.

Crafting Marfa
Veteran
Crafting Marfa
In response to helen*mc

Ooooh bleach! Another idea for the idea file! I never thought of using bleach, but it sounds like a great idea, especially for mixed media.

dwelch
dwelch 
Diva
dwelch
In response to Crafting Marfa

Someone posted a topic a while ago asking why people buy old issues of magazines, or what they do with them. This is why!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics