Username Post: wedding albums        (Topic#1581303)
abbynormaloh75
Guru
abbynormaloh75

i am searching the gallery and the search engine isn't getting me what i am looking for so i thought i would ask here. i am looking for some layout ideas for weddings. i didn't have a big formal wedding, just a small gathering with our immediate family. but i want to scrap it as soon as possible. my husband recently passed away and i am using this as a form of therapy. can any one here link me to some great lo ideas for the dress, the rings, the vows, the flowers, etc. thanks in advance.

angi

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 10-01-12 04:33 PM
In response to abbynormaloh75

Angi,

I'm so sorry for your loss. I can't even imagine losing my husband, but I can understand your wanting to get going on your wedding album asap.

I've been working on my wedding album so I've had a few places bookmarked. I hope they are helpful to you.

http://sharyncarlson.typepad.com/living_artfully/2009/ 1...

http://almostneverclever.wordpress.com/layouts/wedding-...

http://www.scrapbook.com/gallery/source/20/206 289/cake1...

http://www.scrapbook.com/galleries/646197.html

godschild94
Governor
godschild94
In response to Vae

I posted some layouts in my gallery recently about my sisters wedding. They are pretty formal but you might get some ideas from those.

abbynormaloh75
Guru
abbynormaloh75
In response to godschild94

thanks for all the inspiration. i finished it tonight and will post some pics. before i do i think the background will explain a little. although we were together for over 9 years we never really thought about marriage anymore than a proposal. partly because we weren't sure how our children from our first marriages would react, and also because we had both been there done that. as his cancer progressed he decided that his final gift to me would be a wedding. he wanted to make sure i had the protection that being his wife would provide. he passed away five days after saying "i do". because of this i was stumped. the phrases til death do us part, happily ever after, just the beginning, didn't apply. we also had no guests at our wedding just our children and my parents. his condition prohibited a huge fanfare. with all that in mind and only have a dozen or so photo to work with, i am happy with how it turned out and in the end, isn't that what scrapping is all about. its my story, even if it isn't all sunshine. i will be posting the pics later tonight or tomorrow. thanks for your support and ideas.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

Oh Angi, I am deeply deeply sorry for your loss. You have my heartfelt sympathies. I am touched by your story. I think you are right. you should do it right away to help you get through it. I am glad to hear that you had a long time together even though it will never be enough time. His gift of the wedding is such a testament of love. That will show in your pages. thanks for sharing the story.

tanyaham
Guru
tanyaham
In response to anda11

Oh my goodness Angi, ((hugs)) to you!! My heart broke reading your story. We also had a very small ceremony, and as much as I like to stay caught up with my scrapbooking, it took me 7 years to actually make an album. I had photos in regular photo albums that we were given for wedding gifts, but not an actual scrapbook album.

I will be looking forward to seeing your final project.

Peridotskies
Queen
Peridotskies

I'm so very sorry for your loss.

Juansmom
Idol
Juansmom
In response to Peridotskies

Angi, Thank you so much for sharing your story. This is so fresh for you, it must really help to talk about the pain. I cannot imagine your loss. The journaling you include will be healing for you as well.

On that note, I suggest putting your journaling in envelopes adhered to the page, like a letter to Ron. As you go thru the book weeks, months and even years later, you could add a journaling page to the envelope, as you remember more moments, as your perspective changes, as time goes by...

Everyone of us has lost someone to cancer...won't it be a great day when we can't say that anymore?

Diva
In response to Juansmom

SUch a nice idea!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics