Page 2 of 2 
Username Post: wedding location issues        (Topic#1581317)
ScrappyMama6
Mayor
ScrappyMama6
In response to Luvmyfam

When BF and I were going to get married 5 years ago ( we did NOT)...we were going to get married on the beach at Myrtle Beach at dusk with the kids (6) and 7 family members from both sides...... Then do a catered "reception" at our favorite Italian restaurant for our friends (about 60 ppl) with the cake etc..... 3 weeks later.

We didn't get married but it was going to cost us about $1,000 total for the ceremony and the reception and was a good alternative to a big fancy thing we both DID NOT want and/or a trashy beer can kinda wedding!

Your wedding, your $$$, your choice. Those who can't attend can suck it up.

foltzy
foltzy 
Governor
foltzy
In response to ScrappyMama6

My sister got married in NY this past June. My parents and my family went up for it but no one else. She's having a reception soon to celebrate with family who couldn't make it to NY.

*jesse*
Idol
*jesse*
In response to Gelidy Gelato

• Gelidy Gelato Said:
My 2 cents – the voice of dissent (but I agree with your mom)
1 cent
In my experience, the BEST weddings I have attended were comfortable, local, “low key” affairs either at someone’s home/backyard, a park/beach, or a club (country club, golf course, yacht club). A relaxed atmosphere which encouraged everyone to attend.

2 cents
What is it with the Disney brainwashing? Not everyone is into Disney or the Disney experience. Disneyland/World DOES stress a lot of people out, especially older people. From the parking headache, extra walking, sterile environment, Disney branding in your face, etc. Why do you want to be “joined at the hip to Disney” on your wedding day? If you have to get your Disney fix, go on a Disney cruise for your honeymoon.

YOU want to be the one that shines, not some Disney thingy. I hate corporations that take over our lives and who knows how you will feel about them in several years. It's like having a "Hello Kitty" wedding and then 5 years later you say to yourself "what the heck was I thinking?"

sorry if I sound tough but I appear to be the only one with this anti-Disney World position.

I totally agree with the Disney branding point... I would be wary of looking back and thinking why did I choose to do that? But then again, I hate all things Disney, LOL. Ultimately, it's your wedding, your day, your money, do what you want. No matter what you do, someone is going to be upset. In the end, it's really only about you and your future husband. Good luck!

Diva
In response to Luvmyfam

I will have it where I want to have it. You may want to survey some of the family members to see if they are OK coming up for that and then meet with your mom and show her that some of the peopel she is talking about will come for the wedding! She may be OK with that.

Page 2 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics