Username Post: Stuck with cards        (Topic#1581365)
New Kid On the Block

I need to make cards and I have a beautiful metallic card stock i would like to use, however i tried printing on it and it smears and won't dry. I do not have very good handwriting so that was out of the questions. I was told about calligraphy, but again i don't have good hand writing. Any ideas as to what i can use?? Or how to make the inside of the card as beautiful as the out???

RedSquirrel
Diva
RedSquirrel
In response to Mrs.Kauffman

Welcome!

Try stamping a greeting on it with a permanent ink called Staz-On. It is designed to dry on slick surfaces like plastic, glass and metal - it would be perfect for metallic card.

Or, you could print onto plain white card-stock and cut the sentiment out and stick it in the inside. Then you'd have white space to write the names as well.

Good luck!

Here Kitty
Mayor
Here Kitty
In response to Mrs.Kauffman

What kind of cards do you want to make? Exactly what kind of metallic cardstock is it? Foil? Shimmery? Other?
Can you use it as a background and add embellishments over the top of it instead of trying to print or write directly onto it?
Can you use letter stickers over it instead?

Here are a few examples of mine:
On this one, I couldn't write or print on the glitter cardstock, so I used layered items over the top of it.
Baby boy By Here Kitty

Instead of writing or printing on this embossed background, I just put the sentiment on another element and added it.
Embossed birthday wishes By Here Kitty

meezerpleaser
Idol
meezerpleaser
In response to Here Kitty

Dry embossing works really well on metallic cardstock. Or using it as a mat behind a photo or large embellie.

leokc34
Mayor
leokc34
In response to meezerpleaser

ihave also seen heat embossing work well on shiny paper

Diva
In response to leokc34

I will agree with the posts made earlier. I like the embossing with metallic paper and use it as a background so I don't have to write on it or stamp on it. You could use some of MS edge punches and will be great accent to the cards!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics