Username Post: Thanks to all of you who tag all the items you use in your layouts        (Topic#1581387)
creater1
Diva
creater1

who tag all the items you use in your layouts. It is awesome when you see something you love and you can purchase those specific items.
It really activates my creativity. Some papers I see and they really don't appeal to me but when I see some of the LO's that others have created then my brain really gets creative.
I will always remember when posting LO's to list items used, cartridges and put my LO's in the proper color group and style.
Thanks again for all of you who take the time and I know that it does take time to list all the items.
For those of us who are not so good at listing out the items in our LO maybe we should consider listing the items used for others.
That is what makes the the most awesome place ever!

TheCharmedOne
Pro
TheCharmedOne
In response to creater1

I recently started listing the items as I found it handy aswell when others did. For the same reason you mentioned, thats why I list it too.
I've came across a lot of gorgeous LO's without any products listed...it annoys me cause I see so many great items used but cant figure out the brand n such....

anda11
anda11 
Mayor
anda11
In response to creater1

I try to do it. Some of them don't have anything that is here. I just realize that I didn't do the latest ones because I had a headache when I posted. lol

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny
In response to anda11

I use a lot of stuff that's so old it's not in the store anymore, so I can't always link my stuff, but since 2010 or so I've been listing all my products in the photo descriptions when I upload my pages to Facebook, and I typically copy those descriptions when I upload stuff here. I usually write up my list of products as soon as I finish a layout, but sometimes I take a seat and go through a whole stack of layouts to do the writeups.

OlesyaK.
Diva
OlesyaK.
In response to creater1

I'm with you here - saying thanks to all who lists items on the layouts and/or descriptions!
though I usually use them in reverse - dig out a punch or a paper that's the same or similar to mine, and then check the layouts that are using the products - and usually looooooove all the ideas and different ways in which fellow scrappers use the same materials!

kelseymel
Idol
kelseymel
In response to creater1

Totally agree.

justowen
Governor
justowen
In response to kelseymel

I love it when people do that, too! My stash is kind of old, so a lot of what I use isn't in the store. I do try to do it, if I'm not in a hurry and I actually know what it was that I used and I can find it in the store. ...lot of if's.

Doreena
Governor
Doreena
In response to justowen

I try my best to always do this for the reasons already given. And I agree sometimes my stuff is so old so it's not in the store any longer. But a lot of time my problem is I remove the packaging and I don't know what the brand or the name of what I used is! That is where I'm trying to do better! But I hate packaging! LOL!

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to justowen

I hate to say it but when I buy new paper I cut off the strips that say what it is because I accidently used the back of a sheet once and the strip was on the other side and it nearly ruined a layout. I don't scrap by manufacturer so its easy for me just to cut the strips off when I buy the paper and some of my papers are many many years old! I don't know what I'm using!

Most of the punches are so old I don't know what they are. I spent one entire day trying to track down and figure out what the names of some of my punches are and had no luck.

FLowers open up and go in one big container. I don't know what they are.

I really have no idea what I'm using.

My letter stickers are usually too big in the package to fit into my 12 x 12 I store them in so I whack off the top with the info so I don't even know what most of those are.

I'm not trying to be inconsiderate by not posting what brands are and linking them - I just have no idea what I'm using. And most of my stuff is too old to trace it - I've tried to figure out what some of the the tools are when I got the scrapstash ap so I could put them in my inventory and could not trace them back.

Kathy Edwards
Veteran
Kathy Edwards
In response to Henri Jean

I love it when we list i can look at it closer!!!! some times I use old stuff but try to list what I can.

simplycrafty
Veteran
simplycrafty
In response to Kathy Edwards

I love it too!! Even when I'm browsing through the store I like to see how other people have used the items I am thinking about purchasing!! No biggy if you don't do it but it's nice to thank people who try, I try but like many others some of the stuff isn't listed anymore!!

mrsdriver5
Diva
mrsdriver5
In response to creater1

As I work on a LO, I try to write on the back what I'm using. I do this not only for the Gallery, but for myself for when I think, "That's the perfect color stickle for what I'm working on...I wonder which one it is? (I have them all!)...and it saves lots of trial and error. I also sign and date the back of each LO when I finish.

I tear my stacks apart, but keep the front covers, so it's easy to go back and match up the printed cs and paper. I mostly buy Bazzill or DCWV cs, so even that I can usually match up. I keep all the front covers together and it doesn't take long to flip through to match things up.

Flowers...those are different. Like Henri, I dump them all in together. (I use big plastic nut jars so they look pretty out on a shelf. I also keep my tapes in a nut jar.)

I also don't list adhesives, tools, etc. unless it's some unusual way of using it. I do list if I used my cameo or cricut. There are always a few odds and ends that I don't know where they came from, but usually I can figure it out :>) ~Judy

meezerpleaser
Diva
meezerpleaser
In response to mrsdriver5

If I CAN be specific on what a manufacturer is or what a specific cart is, I try to be. It's especially so frustrating to see that perfect Cricut "thing" in the Gallery and not know which cart they used. I've bought more carts from seeing something in the Gallery that had a cart specified...! And when I cut my flowers open or cut the top off some alphas, I stick that little top down in the plastic package so I can remember what it is in case I need to order it again... if it isn't so old in my stash that it could be a collector's item

But I can certainly see the point of people who trash the packaging. I could get a lot more scrappy stuff in my storage areas if I got rid of packaging. But I just can't bring myself to do it.

mrsdriver5
Diva
mrsdriver5
In response to meezerpleaser

I can't stand to throw anything away...packaging, papers, etc., which explains our four file cabinets that are completely stuffed. Last week I decided I'm NOT leaving this (organized) mess of papers as my kids' inheritance and began scanning and shredding. As long as I can scan or take a picture of something, I can let it go :>)

...which is what I do with packaging from tools, paints, adhesive, etc. I scan the package and save it in my scrapbooking file, then throw the packaging away. Well, I keep flat acrylic-type packaging to use for crafts sometime, but most of the pkg. gets into the trash. This way I still have item numbers and instructions in case I need to figure out why something isn't working right.

And, as I said, I keep the front covers of my stacks, plus the backs to use for chipboard, but the glue at the top of the stack gets thrown away :>)

My scrap table is loaded down with files, so no scrapping for me, but my daughter will be over tonight so I need to move it all somewhere. For me, I now only have time to clean file cabinets, shop and check in to see what you're all up to from time to time. Have fun scrapping~Judy

SherylEb
Idol
SherylEb
In response to mrsdriver5

I really appreciate this too. I do it if the items are in the store.

Seaside Dreams
Veteran
Seaside Dreams
In response to SherylEb

I try to link it if it's available. Like others have said, though, I use a lot of stuff from my stash - and I don't always know where it's from, or it's not available anymore.

mrsdriver5
Diva
mrsdriver5
In response to Seaside Dreams

If it's not in the sb store, or not available, then I list what I can in the description area. Again, this is for my own info. as well as for anyone else. I also try to list any special techniques in the description area. Probably not what the space is for, but it works :>) ~Judy

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics