Page 2 of 9 
Username Post: ***It's Beginning To Look A Lot Like Christmas Challenge***        (Topic#1581399)
KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to aquabunny

• aquabunny Said:
October 8: Finished up the fleece blanket in the morning (yay work holiday). Made nine of the twelve cards for the gift baskets, with vague plans for the remaining three. Setting tiny goals for the evenings after work this week - one card each night, and tiny steps toward completion of the page kit I need to be working on.

Yay in care of the completed blanket & almost all the gift basket cards!

Pam in TX
Diva
Pam in TX
In response to KellyCali

count me in. Question......do they have to be Christmas themed projects or things we are working on to give a Christmas presents?
I am working on an album for my mom and stepdad and another album for my son and his family and also some mini albums for other family members.

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to Pam in TX

No particular themes...

Whatever you might be working on, either in preparation, planning, creating, mailing or delivering.

gifts...holiday swaps...
personal goals...challenges...
DIY projects...holiday home decor...
altered projects...
ornaments...beading...
stamping...sewing...
soaps...candles...
cards...calendars...
baking...recipe cards...
shopping...party planning...
charity projects...
etc, etc, etc!

(By the way, there's so much more, of course! It's midnight & that's what's on the top of my head for now! Hope That Helps & Welcome to the challenge!)

Pam in TX
Diva
Pam in TX
In response to KellyCali

Fantastic. Here is my list of projects planned:
1. Album of my stepdads family for my mom and stepdad
2. Euro Disney album for my son's family.
3. 6x12 album for my granddaughter who is in England.
4. Oriental clock for my daughters new apartment.
5. Mini album to send my son where he is deployed so that he can have something of his family while he's away at Christmas.
6. Altered tray for my sister of her great nieces and nephew.
7. Mini album for my other son to take to the oil rig with him of his daughter.

Whew............now I am exhausted just thinking about all of it.

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to Pam in TX

Good Morning!

Finished a Christmas layout yesterday. (However, I'm having a hard time posting it).

In the meantime, continuing to work on some cards. And possibly another layout.

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny
In response to KellyCali

October 9: Nothing. Went to bed right after dinner with a headache.

October 10: Not a whole lot of Christmas-related projects worked on, but I did do a few cards.
- Picked out the ribbon to use in a kit swap, chose several solid cardstocks to include in the kit (final choices on which ones to use to be made at another time), and set aside some more scraps and embellishments for possible use in the kit.
- Cleaned all the stamps I had dirtied while making cards over the weekend.
- Uploaded pictures to Walgreens and placed an order for a few prints I need for some layouts.
- Completed 2 cards, with ideas for three or four more (when I only "need" to do one)- maybe I'll make four of these baskets instead of three after all.
This is not all I had hoped to do tonight (though I had planned to make only one card), but it was good progress.

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to aquabunny

• aquabunny Said:
This is not all I had hoped to do tonight (though I had planned to make only one card), but it was good progress.

Sounds productive to me! Good Job!

(Sorry about your headache...hope it gets better!)

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to KellyCali

Today's progress mainly consisted of sorting some more...updating my address book/writing out my Christmas Card List...and doing a tiny bit of holiday shopping.

I was able to find vellum, but the envelopes I needed were a miss. Guess I'll have to eventually hit up Michaels or the office supply store.

Progress Report...

Done:

- Write out Christmas Card List 2012

- Purchase Christmas card embellishments

- Purchase vellum

------------------------- ------------------------

To Do:

- File old Christmas cards (by date) in a dedicated box. (Hoping to find one at Christmas!)

- Christmas File Box

- Purchase stamps & envelopes

- Make cards for Christmas Card Challenge (3/50)

- Continue to work on holiday layouts (various)

- Operation Christmas Child (due Nov 2012)

traceyjean
Guru
traceyjean
In response to KellyCali

You guys seem to be moving along, taking some positive steps, and I'm certainly proud. Since my last post, I've been getting up early, working late, and passing out when I finally get home. My "big work project" is coming to a close, so I should be getting back to some "me" time before long.
Keep up the good work!

TO DO:
organise crafting area
stack & fill JetMax cubes
plan/sketch card gift sets
create first set of cards

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to traceyjean

Wishing you time & rest Tracey!

Slowly, but surely & whenever the day allows.

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to KellyCali

Hoping to do a little scrapping, along with being able to sit down and work on some cards.

Have A Great Weekend Everyone!!

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny
In response to KellyCali

October 11: Assessed some cards that were already in my stash and added one of them to the pile of cards for the gift baskets, and made two more cards, bringing me to a total of 14 cards (13 of them made this week). Two more to go, now that I've decided to make four gift baskets instead of three. Picked up my photos from Walgreens, and wrote the journaling for them, and confirmed an ingredient for a recipe I want to scrap; these actions put three or four layouts to the point of no more excuses not to do them.

October 12: Cleaned the craft room, came up with some ideas for the wall art for my mom, put up the Halloween decorations. Placed an order for a Cricut cartridge that I have big gift-tag-making plans for. I was on the phone with my family in Michigan for several hours, giving me opportunity to the cleaning and decorating, but not really allowing for anything involving hardcore creative thinking. But ah, the weekend is here,

---

Craft-related plans for this weekend:
- Make 2 more cards for the gift baskets - DONE! October 13
- Go through the 16 gift-basket cards, add white or cream panels for writing to the insides of those that are otherwise too dark for writing on, and add "Created by" labels to the back of each card - DONE! October 13
- Do a non-Christmas layout - DONE! October 20
- Do another non-Christmas layout - DONE! October 13
- Choose and cut the paper for the kit swap - DONE! October 13
- Make embellishments for the kit swap - DONE! October 14
- Possibly, start on the heat therapy bags for the gift baskets, and see if I have enough material to make 3 instead of 2 - UPDATE! October 20 - I've got enough for three and I'm figuring out how I want to assemble them

And some non-crafty plans like putting away some laundry, sorting through some books for donation, dropping some other stuff off at Goodwill, etc.

Once the cards are done, I'll post again with my plans for the second half of October, now that my first-half-of-October plans are nearing completion (and the 15th is Monday).

Edited by aquabunny on 10-20-12 05:07 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to aquabunny

• aquabunny Said:
Placed an order for a Cricut cartridge that I have big gift-tag-making plans for.

Cool, which cart did you get?

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to KellyCali

Spent part of yesterday working on cards & the rest of the day dusting glitter off of myself. lol.

Yesterday evening picked up some white cardstock, holiday thank you cards & a box of envelopes. I'm still in search of larger/heavyduty envelopes. Hopefully, most of my cards won't be too large, bulky or thick this year.

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to KellyCali

Working on layouts today. (Aka will probably spend the majority of that time planning & deciding on which photos to use.

If I'm lucky, I'll work on unpacking my craft closet. But that's probably a project best saved for another day.

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny
In response to KellyCali

• KellyCali Said:
  • aquabunny Said:
Placed an order for a Cricut cartridge that I have big gift-tag-making plans for.

Cool, which cart did you get?

Teddy Bear Parade. It is just TOO cute and I found a website selling it for near-retail price instead of the eBay-inflated prices. For example, I want to use the doctor bear as a gift tag for my sister (who is a doctor), and the bride bear as a gift tag for my brother's fiancee.

---

Progress on weekend projects has been updated in my post from earlier.

---

October 13: Woo productivity!
- Made the recipe page I've been procrastinating on.
- Made the last two cards!
- Glued white or cream inserts to the insides of cards otherwise too dark to write on.
- Printed, cut, and glued "created by" labels to the back of each of the cards.
- Played around in Cricut Design Studio setting up and saving the mat for a title I want to make for my kit swap.
- Cut all the paper for the kit swap to size and made a bunch of embellishments for it, and eventually did the letters for the title on the Cricut - all that remains is getting the letters mounted on brown cardstock tomorrow.

Edited by aquabunny on 10-13-12 07:37 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny
In response to aquabunny

October 14: Today marks a departure from my original plan for the projects; I had planned to start on the heat therapy bags this weekend, but decided I'd rather work on the easier and quicker project of the glitter ornaments.
- Kit swap tasks completed: Mounted the title for the kit swap. Punched some small leaf shapes to include as a little extra with the kit. Made another embellishment for the kit, making sure to bling it up; currently waiting for the Stickles to dry before completing it.
- Ornament tasks completed: At random, assessed the glitter ornaments I made last year and decided to make the gift baskets ones from scratch instead of re-using the ones I made for myself. Decided on the colors to use for each person. Bought funnels to get the Mop 'n' Glo cleanly into the ornaments.
- Papercrafting tasks completed: Took pictures of the cards, and a few pictures of the layout I made on Saturday. Now sorting through those in preparation for posting to Facebook.

And it's only 12:30 and I've been up for only just over three hours!

Edited to add:
October 14 update:
- Finished up the page kit, took a picture, and added it to my gallery and the swap thread. yay a thing is done.
- Got my recipe page photo posted to Facebook.
- Did the bulk of the work on the glitter ornaments; still need to tie ribbons around the necks.
- Feeling too lazy to work on the heat bags or a scrap project, I wrote up a list of all the materials used in the cards I made.
- Then I decorated the glitter ornaments with ribbon and other stuff from my stash! So I would have said that they were done, except now I want to add loops of ribbon to hang them by. Also I wanna take pictures of them.

Edited by aquabunny on 10-14-12 03:02 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to aquabunny

Good Morning!

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny
In response to KellyCali

October 15: So last night I decided to go ahead and do the ribbon hangers, and I noticed an embellishment on one of the ornaments had slipped out of place, and in trying to press it back into place I, uh, broke the ornament. So tonight I made a new blue one, and decorated it, and put ribbon hangers on ALL of them without any further blood or breakage. Then, took pictures of them, and of all the cards together.

---

Here's what remains on my crafting plate this holiday season:
- Assorted general greeting cards (to bundle and place in gift baskets) - DONE! October 13
- Rice-filled heat therapy bags (for the gift baskets) - IN PROGRESS - October 23: all flannel covers complete
- Glitter-filled ornaments (for the gift baskets) - DONE! October 15
- Jars of sugar scrub (for the gift baskets) - In the queue for late November
- Two dozen Christmas cards - In the queue for November
- Craft-related wall art for my mom (similar to the wall art in my sb.com gallery) - Ready to start planning!
- Gift for a friend - This will be another of the gift baskets, with the possible addition of a fabric baby toy I might be able to make

In the second half of October, I would like to:
- Take pictures of the cards made for the gift baskets - DONE! October 14
- Make at least two heat therapy bags - IN PROGRESS - October 23: 3 flannel covers complete
- Make instruction tags for the heat therapy bags
- Start work on the craft room wall quotes for Mom; at least know what the quotes are going to be
- Try out what is supposed to be a simple pattern for a sewn baby toy (do not have to complete it, just need to assess whether I can do it)
- Start purchasing Christmas gifts for family members - IN PROGRESS - As of 10/20, about 80% of all buyable gifts have been ordered.
- Check on the glitter ornaments I made last year and see if I can use any in this year's gift baskets - DONE! October 14, and also DONE! with actually making them, a task I had put on the schedule for early November.

Edited by aquabunny on 10-24-12 02:19 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to aquabunny

Morning.

Completed 10 cards...6 of them yesterday before noon!

Today I need to...

- Fill up my organizational Christmas box

- Put some things away (it's starting to look like an explosion in my livingroom!)

I think that's it.

Page 2 of 9 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics