Page 1 of 2 
Username Post: What do I do with these???        (Topic#1581425)
Lunareclipse
Veteran
Lunareclipse

I ordered 300 sheets of paper for about $20.00 and I got them today. Some of the pieces of paper I don't know what to do with. How do you use these? Do you cut them apart and use them or do you use them whole as a backgroung?

kelseymel
Idol
kelseymel
In response to Lunareclipse

Both. Cut them into strips to use on a layout, make flowers, banners, and cards.

If you think they're truly hideous and won't use them you could always make envelopes out of them.

SherylEb
Idol
SherylEb
In response to kelseymel

Cut them out and pop dot them on a layout.

Lunareclipse
Veteran
Lunareclipse
In response to SherylEb

• SherylEb Said:
Cut them out and pop dot them on a layout.

what's a pop dot?

SherylEb
Idol
SherylEb

It's a little square or circle of foam with adhesive on both sides. They actually come in tape too with different thicknesses and in black or white. They are usually available just about everywhere. Makes it stand up and really adds to the look of the item.

Lunareclipse
Veteran
Lunareclipse
In response to kelseymel

• kelseymel Said:
Both. Cut them into strips to use on a layout, make flowers, banners, and cards.

If you think they're truly hideous and won't use them you could always make envelopes out of them.

How do I make envelopes?

SherylEb
Idol
SherylEb

I'm sure there are templates out there you could print on the wrong side of paper in your printer and fold. I have the Martha Stewart score board and there is a triangle thing and dimensions to help you make envelopes.
Products Referenced in This Post:

Seaside Dreams
Veteran
Seaside Dreams
In response to SherylEb

I would totally cut them apart. You could use them as accent pieces on a layout, or on cards, too.

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to Seaside Dreams

I would cut them apart.

Card-making or tags are what first comes to mind.

By the way, the 3rd sheet listed is really cute!

anda11
anda11 
Mayor
anda11
In response to KellyCali

When I have papers that I won't use...I use them as testers for punching. I also use them as a stamping test paper. If they are white on the back..i cut them in 4ths & use as paper to write what I want to do with my page that I put in my page planning bnox for a crop. I also use them to practice writing before I journal. I try out my pens before I use them.

Lunareclipse
Veteran
Lunareclipse
In response to anda11

• anda11 Said:
When I have papers that I won't use...I use them as testers for punching. I also use them as a stamping test paper. If they are white on the back..i cut them in 4ths & use as paper to write what I want to do with my page that I put in my page planning bnox for a crop. I also use them to practice writing before I journal. I try out my pens before I use them.

I would probably use these papers if I knew how to use them. I didn't know if you use them as a background on a layout or cut them apart and use them as embellies.

Lunareclipse
Veteran
Lunareclipse
In response to KellyCali

• KellyCali Said:
I would cut them apart.

Card-making or tags are what first comes to mind.

By the way, the 3rd sheet listed is really cute!

I think the third one is adorable too. There are some more in that pile I bought that are even more pretty than that one. I got an astonishing amount of gorgeous paper for what I payed for it.

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny

I've enjoyed using some papers like these, almost always cutting them up into individual components and using them as embellishments.

simplycrafty
Veteran
simplycrafty
In response to aquabunny

Fussy cut them out defiantly!! I would cut right around the decorative edge and use them for journaling an embellishments!!

anda11
anda11 
Mayor
anda11

• Lunareclipse Said:
  • anda11 Said:

I would probably use these papers if I knew how to use them. I didn't know if you use them as a background on a layout or cut them apart and use them as embellies.

I thought you wanted to use them but you said you bought a lot of papers so I thought maybe some were some you didn't want to use.

Lunareclipse
Veteran
Lunareclipse
In response to anda11

• anda11 Said:
  • Lunareclipse Said:
  • anda11 Said:

I thought you wanted to use them but you said you bought a lot of papers so I thought maybe some were some you didn't want to use.

Oh, there are some papers in there that I can't think of anything I would use them for other than toilet paper. MAybe something will come along that will look simply fabulous with them. I have seen some of you guys do some amazing things with the ugliest paper.

OlesyaK.
Diva
OlesyaK.

see if you can use the really ugly ones for page borders - every time i want just a very thin border around the page, and pick a nice paper - it's soooo sad to cut the entire page just for that! and most of the time you don't even see the design, just that little bit of color in a tiny strip on the side..

Kathy Edwards
Veteran
Kathy Edwards
In response to OlesyaK.

Fussy cut them and use a dressing ink on the edge.make cluster or a word for you LO. I love these paper it's like having sticker you cut out!!!!they make good back ground papers too!!!

Edited by Kathy Edwards on 10-05-12 11:35 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Lunareclipse
Veteran
Lunareclipse
In response to Kathy Edwards

• Kathy Edwards Said:
Fussy cut them and use a dressing ink on the edge.make cluster or a word for you LO. I love these paper it's like having sticker you cut out!!!!they make good back ground papers too!!!

What's a dressing ink?

Doreena
Governor
Doreena

I would cut them up and use them as embellishments or journaling tags.

Page 1 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics