Page 2 of 2 
Username Post: What do I do with these???        (Topic#1581425)
aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny
In response to Lunareclipse

• Lunareclipse Said:
  • Kathy Edwards Said:
Fussy cut them and use a dressing ink on the edge.make cluster or a word for you LO. I love these paper it's like having sticker you cut out!!!!they make good back ground papers too!!!

What's a dressing ink?

I think she means "distressing ink", like the Tim Holtz Distress Inks.

I've never bought a distressing ink, but I have used regular ink on the edges of page elements and that's also fine.

Babylou
Diva
Babylou
In response to Doreena

You can use them however you wish! If you want to use them as a background that is totally up to you. ; ) But, usually I think they do get cut up and used as pieces. I like to use papers like the top one or bottom one you showed and use the quote pieces as "journaling" embellishments on my pages. Cut them out and adhere them. Using pop dots-also called 3-d adhesive is a nice way to add some dimension to your page. But, if you don't like a lot of dimension, you don't have to do that. Inking the edges also adds some dimension and makes the piece stand out a little. You don't have to use distress ink, you can use any kind of ink you have available to ink the edges. I like to use the Cats Eye chalk inks. If you are not sure about what it will look like, you can always pick one that you don't care for, cut it out, and use it as a practice piece! Most of all though-have fun with them. Be creative and see what you can come up with!

anda11
anda11 
Mayor
anda11

• Lunareclipse Said:
  • anda11 Said:
  • Lunareclipse Said:
  • anda11 Said:
When I have papers that I won't use...I use them as testers for punching. I also use them as a stamping test paper. If they are white on the back..i cut them in 4ths & use as paper to write what I want to do with my page that I put in my page planning bnox for a crop. I also use them to practice writing before I journal. I try out my pens before I use them.

I would probably use these papers if I knew how to use them. I didn't know if you use them as a background on a layout or cut them apart and use them as embellies.

I thought you wanted to use them but you said you bought a lot of papers so I thought maybe some were some you didn't want to use.

Oh, there are some papers in there that I can't think of anything I would use them for other than toilet paper. MAybe something will come along that will look simply fabulous with them. I have seen some of you guys do some amazing things with the ugliest paper.

You are so right about people here have made fab pages with ugly paper. YOu probably know that there is an ugly paper challenge here in the challenge forum. lol If you do a search in the gallery for ugly paper, those pages would come up that the made for that challenge. you are cracking me up on toilet paper. lol
IF I remember right, I think there is a technique that uses toilet paper.

Lunareclipse
Veteran
Lunareclipse
In response to anda11

[quote=anda11][quote=Luna reclipse][quote=anda11][q uote=Lunareclipse][quote= anda11]When I have papers that I won't use...I use them as testers for punching. I also use them as a stamping test paper. If they are white on the back..i cut them in 4ths & use as paper to write what I want to do with my page that I put in my page planning bnox for a crop. I also use them to practice writing before I journal. I try out my pens before I use them.
[/quote]
I would probably use these papers if I knew how to use them. I didn't know if you use them as a background on a layout or cut them apart and use them as embellies.
[/quote]

I thought you wanted to use them but you said you bought a lot of papers so I thought maybe some were some you didn't want to use.
[/quote]
Oh, there are some papers in there that I can't think of anything I would use them for other than toilet paper. MAybe something will come along that will look simply fabulous with them. I have seen some of you guys do some amazing things with the ugliest paper.
[/quote]

You are so right about people here have made fab pages with ugly paper. YOu probably know that there is an ugly paper challenge here in the challenge forum. lol If you do a search in the gallery for ugly paper, those pages would come up that the made for that challenge. you are cracking me up on toilet paper. lol
IF I remember right, I think there is a technique that uses toilet paper.

[/quote]

I will have to do that. I haven't yet tried a challenge because I just started not long ago and I just have don't have a whole lot. I might could do the ugly paper one soon though. I do have some of that now, like the paper that's printed to look like cork board. It's uglier than dog droppings. I don't know how to make it pretty yet though, so I will watch for ideas before I sign up for something that I have no clue about.

Edited by Lunareclipse on 10-05-12 06:45 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

kiyawinn
Guru
kiyawinn

I use ones like that by punching or cutting out the individual tags. You can use them as journalling spots on your layouts or stamp/ink/heat emboss on them to make your own embellishments or tags....

Alison

jaxxan
jaxxan 
Mayor
jaxxan
In response to kiyawinn

I agree with all the ideas and just wanted to add....if the name of the manufacturer or paper design is still on the sheets ( I couldn't tell in the picture.) you could do a search in the gallery to find projects that used those papers. It might get ideas flowing.

As for cork...yeah not very attractive but it does look great on beach layouts and outdoor/camping/hiking layouts.

kiyawinn
Guru
kiyawinn
In response to jaxxan

I use cork in my layouts (the real cork, sticky backed).....it's great to make diecuts out of...
If the paper you have is the same, natural cork colour, you could print out or write out journalling on it and the die cut it...star shape, round, or square...
You could print out on white and then "pin" onto a die cut shape of the cork paper to make it look like a memo pinned onto the cork.....
I like using cork...just sayin'

ellybug312
Veteran
ellybug312
In response to Doreena

When i seen them..what came to mind was do a layout with quotes, or maybe like "advice" or special sayings if its about someone and you can write on the blocks with lines...just an idea..might be cute with different color inks

jaxxan
jaxxan 
Mayor
jaxxan
In response to kiyawinn

Great cork ideas Alison! I will have to try some of those, thanks for sharing.

Edited by jaxxan on 10-06-12 02:16 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Juansmom
Guru
Juansmom
In response to jaxxan

I cut them out and use as embellies, journaling spots, etc. Fussycut them out, and put on card stock, fussycut again leaving a 1/4" border of color around each one. Now you have a one-of-a-kind piece that really pops on a layout. I mount stickers this way and they look like expensive Jolee-type embellies.

Lunareclipse
Veteran
Lunareclipse
In response to kiyawinn

• kiyawinn Said:
I use cork in my layouts (the real cork, sticky backed).....it's great to make diecuts out of...
If the paper you have is the same, natural cork colour, you could print out or write out journalling on it and the die cut it...star shape, round, or square...
You could print out on white and then "pin" onto a die cut shape of the cork paper to make it look like a memo pinned onto the cork.....
I like using cork...just sayin'

I don't have any dies at all to make any die cuts. I don't even have any stamps yet.

Page 2 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics