Username Post: creating pages        (Topic#1581429)
New Kid On the Block

What is everyone using to create letters and designs for their pages? I have the 1st cricut and was thinking about getting the expression, but I haven't scraped in about a year so I was wondering what was new!

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny
In response to ashleyowens

I still use my original small Cricut, which has served my needs well for nearly three years and I still have no desire to upgrade to a larger one. I also enjoy my Sizzix Big Kick.

simplycrafty
Veteran
simplycrafty
In response to aquabunny

I have an expression but I don't think that I would need it if I had the first cricut.. I am in love with thickers right now.. But a love to get the paper kits which have an alpha come with it so I use those!!

SherylEb
Idol
SherylEb
In response to simplycrafty

I would use the cricut you have and either get a Big Shot because you can also emboss or if you want an electronic cutter, go for the Cameo.

binkiemonstermom
Idol
binkiemonstermom
In response to SherylEb

Since you have the cricut, why not use it. I use stickers when I am in a hurry or if they are included in the paper pack. But I use my cricut a lot for titles, great way to use up some scrap paper too!!! And you never have to worry about running out of letters on your sticker sheet!!!

While I love my cricut, I use my big shot a lot!! I love being able to emboss, cut quickly.

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 10-04-12 07:52 PM
In response to binkiemonstermom

I use my cricut or sticker letters. I prefer using my cricut but I have about 10 years worth of sticker letters so I feel like I need to use them from time to time. That doesn't stop me from buying more either if they are extra decorative or metallic.

Seaside Dreams
Veteran
Seaside Dreams
In response to Vae

I use a variety of things - letter stickers, my cricut, my old-fashioned dies and my cuttlebug, and rubber stamps. Just depends on the page.

abbynormaloh75
Guru
abbynormaloh75
In response to Seaside Dreams

I use a ton of alpha stickers, vellum,tags, etc. I want a cricut but no desire to have an expression.

madmatter
Diva
madmatter
In response to abbynormaloh75

I have an E, but I tend to use Thickers or chipboard/grungeboard letters from my stash ... it's just easier and faster

New Kid On the Block
In response to binkiemonstermom

The one I have has been acting up. In the middle of cutting it keeps freezing. I have to cut it off and restart the cut.

New Kid On the Block

But I also don't want to waste all the $ I have spent on cartridges

New Kid On the Block

I know there used to be a software to buy to have more fonts on the cricut wo having to buy all the cartridges. Is anything like that still available?

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny

Those programs are no longer compatible with the Cricut, but there are other machines that will allow you to do that.

Have you called Provo Craft about the technical issues your Cricut is experiencing?

New Kid On the Block
In response to aquabunny

I have not. Can they generally fix those types of issues?

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny

My understanding is that they will walk you through troubleshooting and have you try various fixes to get things working again. Sometimes this works, but no guarantees. Worth a shot, I would think.

pamela.tx
Guru
pamela.tx

• ashleyowens Said:
The one I have has been acting up. In the middle of cutting it keeps freezing. I have to cut it off and restart the cut.

I have this happen from time to time. It will usually freeze up if I have been using it for a long period of time, usually when I am making mass quantities of cuts. I have to turn it off and reset it too. Kinda a pain

thehappyscrapper8
Veteran
thehappyscrapper8
In response to pamela.tx

I use my cricut, stickers and stencils for my titles. I have E2 and really like it for the titles but sometimes it can be a pain in the booty if you want to weld the letters together to connect it to the laptop.

Diva
In response to thehappyscrapper8

Cricut, chipboard and Cuttlebug are the ones that I will use the most!

Juansmom
Guru
Juansmom
In response to bayamonesa1

Bayamonesa, what dies do you use in your Cuttlebug for letter/words? that is what I am looking to do with mine but don't know where to start/what to get.

Diva
In response to Juansmom

I can use the ones from Sizzin ( not sure if I spelled correctly. You need to use extra plates (A) or (C) but they work fine!

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny
In response to bayamonesa1

To help with Googling that, she means Sizzix. I enjoy their alphabet dies as well; in particular I'm fond of the Round-a-Bout, Limelight, Sunset, and Fruit Smoothie alphabets.

Diva
In response to aquabunny

Thank you! I couldn't remember the right spelling!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics