Page 1 of 3 
Username Post: Seriously...        (Topic#1581447)
Lunareclipse
Veteran
Lunareclipse

How do you guys keep your scrapbooking area looking nice. About 15 minutes after I start working it looks like the whole room exploded.There are scraps of paper everywhere and all of the junk that I need to make embellies and there is sooo much stuff that you need just for one page piled all over the table that I have trouble finding anything and I wish I had a seperate room. I takes me at least an hour to clean it all up. I can see why some of you guys have your own scrapbooking room. At least if you guys are done and don't feel like cleaning up the disaster right away, you can close the door and forget about it for the night.

charK
charK 
Mayor
charK
  • charK on 10-04-12 07:30 PM
In response to Lunareclipse

I digi scrap....never make a mess.....close my laptop and AHHHHHHH........clean! LOL

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 10-04-12 07:50 PM
In response to charK

This happens to me too. I just spent about an hour picking up my scrap area, and I try to clean up as I go. It still ends up being a total disaster. I have 4 folding tables and they all get covered, plus my coffee table, desk, kitchen counters, pretty much any flat surface.

I'm very lucky that my husband is so patient and supportive of my hobby... anyone else would probably completely lose it on me.

Lunareclipse
Veteran
Lunareclipse
In response to Vae

• Jarvae Said:
This happens to me too. I just spent about an hour picking up my scrap area, and I try to clean up as I go. It still ends up being a total disaster. I have 4 folding tables and they all get covered, plus my coffee table, desk, kitchen counters, pretty much any flat surface.

I'm very lucky that my husband is so patient and supportive of my hobby... anyone else would probably completely lose it on me.

My husband actually scrapbooks some too, and when we are both scrapping it looks like an episode on hoarders.

Seaside Dreams
Veteran
Seaside Dreams

Wait...it's supposed to stay nice while we're making stuff?

I'm in trouble then, because it looks like a hurricane blew through about 10 minutes after I start.

I do clean up when I'm finished, though. My scrap area is in our living/dining room part of our apartment, so I can't leave it messy.

anda11
anda11 
Mayor
anda11

That happens to me too. I try to put away the tools as I use them since the drawers are close behind me. Half t he time I don't

abbynormaloh75
Guru
abbynormaloh75
In response to anda11

I'm in the same boat. My scrap space gets very messy very fast.

Angi

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to abbynormaloh75

Mine is a tornado disaster too but I do completely clean up after each page before I start the next one.

However, I use my entire 8' table (computer is on it too and my Cricut) and my husband's desk is right behind me. I put my trimmer on the corner of his desk and so his desk looks worse than mine! I have his desk covered in scraps and tiny pieces of paper. He forever has to move his trash can to his desk and start pushing off all my scraps. So I mess up my husbands desk more than I mess up mine.

GMFTS
GMFTS 
Mayor
GMFTS
  • GMFTS on 10-05-12 02:10 AM
In response to Henri Jean

Creativity is messy,

Just sayin'

provinca
Mayor
provinca
In response to GMFTS

I'm in this category too. I try to live by the words of wisdom someone here on sb.com once posted: "Don't put it down; put it away" but that doesn't always work out. As much as I try to put things away as I'm scrapping, I inevitably, have a mess when I'm done!

madmatter
Diva
madmatter
In response to GMFTS

• GMFTS Said:

Creativity is messy,

Just sayin'

this This THIS!!!!!

Expert
In response to madmatter

I so should take a pic of my table right now...but it's so embarrassing I won't. Looks like hoarders on that table right now. Gotta straighten it up for the next project.

Megan - ForumTech
The Janitor
Megan - ForumTech
In response to deedee49

Clean?

Whazzat?

I think my table needs a flamethrower.

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23
In response to Megan - ForumTech

No no, Megan. Not a flamethrower, just a magic wand.

elsje2
elsje2 
Expert
elsje2
In response to moxiegirl23

Nice and clean? Looks like a tornado just passed by. I have my work space in our kitchen and only attempt to make it look nice whenever I am expecting guests. Before I created this space I used to scrap at the dining table. And I also only cleaned that one up, if I needed the table. It took too much time to do it after every scrap session!

andrea m
Diva
andrea m
In response to elsje2

I can always tell how productive and creative I was by the mess. The bigger the better lol.

pugs223
Idol
pugs223
In response to Megan - ForumTech

• Megan - ForumTech Said:
Clean?

Whazzat?

I think my table needs a flamethrower.

And ruin that beautiful paper?!?!?!? Unless you are just going to scorch the edges....that's ok then.

pugs223
Idol
pugs223
In response to pugs223

BTW, who says my area looks nice? That only happens once a month or so when I clean up and put everything back where it's supposed to go. Then I start with the mess making process again

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny
In response to andrea m

I clean up periodically, between projects or when I'm caught up for a while (or just finished with the pictures I have on hand), but between pages I usually clear up scraps, put away embellishments specific to the previous page (but not more general stuff like letter stickers), maybe put a few tools back in their caddies. I have very little workspace to actually do layouts on - maybe 3 square feet - so my mess gets spread onto the floor, into the corner of the table with the Clip-It-Up, onto the dresser, onto the guest bed (which is never used and which I am plotting to remove).

Resident
In response to aquabunny

Clean?? Tidy?? whats that... if you are talking about video's and pictures you see of people's craft spaces... we are smart... clean take pictures or film video upload... then craft and make a mess

Page 1 of 3 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics