Username Post: Seriously...        (Topic#1581447)
Lunareclipse
Veteran
Lunareclipse

How do you guys keep your scrapbooking area looking nice. About 15 minutes after I start working it looks like the whole room exploded.There are scraps of paper everywhere and all of the junk that I need to make embellies and there is sooo much stuff that you need just for one page piled all over the table that I have trouble finding anything and I wish I had a seperate room. I takes me at least an hour to clean it all up. I can see why some of you guys have your own scrapbooking room. At least if you guys are done and don't feel like cleaning up the disaster right away, you can close the door and forget about it for the night.

charK
charK 
Mayor
charK
  • charK on 10-04-12 07:30 PM
In response to Lunareclipse

I digi scrap....never make a mess.....close my laptop and AHHHHHHH........clean! LOL

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 10-04-12 07:50 PM
In response to charK

This happens to me too. I just spent about an hour picking up my scrap area, and I try to clean up as I go. It still ends up being a total disaster. I have 4 folding tables and they all get covered, plus my coffee table, desk, kitchen counters, pretty much any flat surface.

I'm very lucky that my husband is so patient and supportive of my hobby... anyone else would probably completely lose it on me.

Lunareclipse
Veteran
Lunareclipse
In response to Vae

• Jarvae Said:
This happens to me too. I just spent about an hour picking up my scrap area, and I try to clean up as I go. It still ends up being a total disaster. I have 4 folding tables and they all get covered, plus my coffee table, desk, kitchen counters, pretty much any flat surface.

I'm very lucky that my husband is so patient and supportive of my hobby... anyone else would probably completely lose it on me.

My husband actually scrapbooks some too, and when we are both scrapping it looks like an episode on hoarders.

Seaside Dreams
Veteran
Seaside Dreams

Wait...it's supposed to stay nice while we're making stuff?

I'm in trouble then, because it looks like a hurricane blew through about 10 minutes after I start.

I do clean up when I'm finished, though. My scrap area is in our living/dining room part of our apartment, so I can't leave it messy.

anda11
anda11 
Mayor
anda11

That happens to me too. I try to put away the tools as I use them since the drawers are close behind me. Half t he time I don't

abbynormaloh75
Guru
abbynormaloh75
In response to anda11

I'm in the same boat. My scrap space gets very messy very fast.

Angi

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to abbynormaloh75

Mine is a tornado disaster too but I do completely clean up after each page before I start the next one.

However, I use my entire 8' table (computer is on it too and my Cricut) and my husband's desk is right behind me. I put my trimmer on the corner of his desk and so his desk looks worse than mine! I have his desk covered in scraps and tiny pieces of paper. He forever has to move his trash can to his desk and start pushing off all my scraps. So I mess up my husbands desk more than I mess up mine.

GMFTS
GMFTS 
Mayor
GMFTS
  • GMFTS on 10-05-12 02:10 AM
In response to Henri Jean

Creativity is messy,

Just sayin'

provinca
Mayor
provinca
In response to GMFTS

I'm in this category too. I try to live by the words of wisdom someone here on sb.com once posted: "Don't put it down; put it away" but that doesn't always work out. As much as I try to put things away as I'm scrapping, I inevitably, have a mess when I'm done!

madmatter
Diva
madmatter
In response to GMFTS

• GMFTS Said:

Creativity is messy,

Just sayin'

this This THIS!!!!!

Expert
In response to madmatter

I so should take a pic of my table right now...but it's so embarrassing I won't. Looks like hoarders on that table right now. Gotta straighten it up for the next project.

Megan - ForumTech
The Janitor
Megan - ForumTech
In response to deedee49

Clean?

Whazzat?

I think my table needs a flamethrower.

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23
In response to Megan - ForumTech

No no, Megan. Not a flamethrower, just a magic wand.

elsje2
elsje2 
Expert
elsje2
In response to moxiegirl23

Nice and clean? Looks like a tornado just passed by. I have my work space in our kitchen and only attempt to make it look nice whenever I am expecting guests. Before I created this space I used to scrap at the dining table. And I also only cleaned that one up, if I needed the table. It took too much time to do it after every scrap session!

andrea m
Diva
andrea m
In response to elsje2

I can always tell how productive and creative I was by the mess. The bigger the better lol.

pugs223
Idol
pugs223
In response to Megan - ForumTech

• Megan - ForumTech Said:
Clean?

Whazzat?

I think my table needs a flamethrower.

And ruin that beautiful paper?!?!?!? Unless you are just going to scorch the edges....that's ok then.

pugs223
Idol
pugs223
In response to pugs223

BTW, who says my area looks nice? That only happens once a month or so when I clean up and put everything back where it's supposed to go. Then I start with the mess making process again

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny
In response to andrea m

I clean up periodically, between projects or when I'm caught up for a while (or just finished with the pictures I have on hand), but between pages I usually clear up scraps, put away embellishments specific to the previous page (but not more general stuff like letter stickers), maybe put a few tools back in their caddies. I have very little workspace to actually do layouts on - maybe 3 square feet - so my mess gets spread onto the floor, into the corner of the table with the Clip-It-Up, onto the dresser, onto the guest bed (which is never used and which I am plotting to remove).

Resident
In response to aquabunny

Clean?? Tidy?? whats that... if you are talking about video's and pictures you see of people's craft spaces... we are smart... clean take pictures or film video upload... then craft and make a mess

MisasMom
Resident
MisasMom
In response to must_love_paper

While I am working, it's a big mess. I did an organization challenge (on another board) a couple of years ago and when I finally found storage that works and bought some proper furniture it makes it easy to clean up even the worst looking mess in a short amount of time when I am done for the day. Besides, I have the cute little furry motivator that you see in my avatar, cat proofing is a must!!

cheball
Diva
cheball
In response to MisasMom

My area is so messy. I seem to work better with paper and tools all laying out in view. My little storage drawers are overflowing and sometimes I lose embellishments underneath the rubble. Once in a while when I can't stand the mess any longer then I clean it all up.

Scrapbook Roadie
Resident
Scrapbook Roadie
In response to cheball

I try to clean as I go. After I finish a layout or card, I put things back before I get the next set of goodies out. It doesn't *always* work this way, but I try!

DivaDana
Diva
DivaDana

I think you must be able to embrace the mess...

Lunareclipse
Veteran
Lunareclipse
In response to MisasMom

• MisasMom Said:
While I am working, it's a big mess. I did an organization challenge (on another board) a couple of years ago and when I finally found storage that works and bought some proper furniture it makes it easy to clean up even the worst looking mess in a short amount of time when I am done for the day. Besides, I have the cute little furry motivator that you see in my avatar, cat proofing is a must!!

I understnad that. We have 5 cats and 3 dogs and the cats lay on everything and the dog's tails knock everything off onto the floor. I gave up trying to cat proof and dog proof the house though. Our great dane can stand over 7 feet tall on his himd legs and nothing is safe, even if it's on the fridge...

Scrappin Kitty
Governor
Scrappin Kitty

I'm one of the people with the whole room, and believe me it is constantly a mess.

Lunie
Lunie 
Veteran
Lunie
  • Lunie on 10-05-12 12:39 PM

• Lunareclipse Said:
  • Jarvae Said:

My husband actually scrapbooks some too, and when we are both scrapping it looks like an episode on hoarders.

LM$O!

You saw my room so, I obviously, have no advise.

Lunie

Lunie
Lunie 
Veteran
Lunie
  • Lunie on 10-05-12 12:40 PM

• Lunareclipse Said:
  • MisasMom Said:

I understnad that. We have 5 cats and 3 dogs and the cats lay on everything and the dog's tails knock everything off onto the floor. I gave up trying to cat proof and dog proof the house though. Our great dane can stand over 7 feet tall on his himd legs and nothing is safe, even if it's on the fridge...

LOL, cats and dogs... You're under attack from above and below.

Lunie

dwelch
dwelch 
Diva
dwelch

I try to clean after each scrap session; but I do keep a 12x12 box with a lid that says "PUT IT AWAY" by my desk. If for some reason I don't have time to clean, it all gets shoved into that box and the lid put on. That way at least the desk looks clean. And I do make myself clean out that box before starting a new project.

Expert
In response to dwelch

My area is pretty messy, but I can also be more creative when I don't put every little thing away in between LOs because I will once in awhile come up with a great way to use that little strip of paper sitting there.

thehappyscrapper8
Veteran
thehappyscrapper8

My scrap area is in my bedroom so I clean up the majority of the time when I am done but when I am crafting my area looks like a ton of bombs went off and spewed all of my stuff all over are room. I have a 6 inch table that shares my cricut and sometimes my ipad when I am working and the floor is covered with paper and iris boxes and some more paper!!!

shortmouse
Veteran
shortmouse

• must_love_paper Said:
Clean?? Tidy?? whats that... if you are talking about video's and pictures you see of people's craft spaces... we are smart... clean take pictures or film video upload... then craft and make a mess

Clicking "Like" button!!!!

DesiLee
Idol
DesiLee
In response to shortmouse

My room is a huge mess right now. I have to clean it though because the mess ate my bone folder and the little black piece that goes in my ATG to keep the spent tape rolled up.

Debbie2006
Resident
Debbie2006
In response to DesiLee

If the floor is clean its a good day.........if I can see the table its a miracle.....lol

SandraB.
Veteran
SandraB.
In response to Debbie2006

I try to do a bit of a clean up after each project. Note: I said "a bit", mostly embellies, tools, etc. The only time my table is completely cleared off is when someone wants to borrow my table, lol!

kiyawinn
Guru
kiyawinn
In response to SandraB.

Yup, mine is a disaster when I'm working...
I share a room that is my craft room, our home office and my son's school room so I try to clean up in between.....

Alison

Linda Haulsee
Veteran
Linda Haulsee
In response to kiyawinn

I have the same problem. I have a craft space along one long bedroom wall. When I am crafting, I have stuff down the wall, on top of dressers, endtables, all over the bed, etc. I use a large purchase as an excuse to clean it!

Lunareclipse
Veteran
Lunareclipse
In response to Linda Haulsee

I am glad to see that I'm not the only one who's scrap area looks like a national emergency area. FEMA might come in one day and evacuate everyone in the area.

pugs223
Idol
pugs223

I am not even scrapping right now, and it looks like a tornado went through my room. I didnt think putting page kits together would create such a mess.

traceyjean
Guru
traceyjean
In response to pugs223

My lovely 6ft folding table (and my sofa and loveseat) look like a tornado & his 3 cousins stopped by - and I was in the middle of organising supplies this weekend! I don't know if I should even bother to clean anymore. It may be time to embrace the mess...

950nancy
Diva
950nancy
In response to traceyjean

I think some of us only take pictures of our scraprooms when they are clean. It is like a Christmas card photo. You want to send the one that looks the best, even though it doesn't represent your family that accurately. Then there are others of us that want to shame ourselves into getting it clean and take before and after pictures. Others of us are just hoarders and don't care what anyone else thinks. It's all good.

IzzyB
IzzyB 
Mayor
IzzyB
  • IzzyB on 10-09-12 03:29 AM
In response to 950nancy

I think a mess is just the nature of the beast. It's hard to cut and glue paper and not be messy. Immediately after a project, oh, my scrap room is a mess, for sure! I clean up after each project though, or my table would be buried.

Diva

WHile working on a project I do make a mess, but I try my best to clean up at the end of the day. Now, if I am working on the project, the room, the table and the floors are totally a mess. I just close the door and deal with it again the next day! I don't sweat it! I am just having fun and refuse to be stressed out about the mess. I will clean up at the end!

Lamoo12
Governor
Lamoo12
In response to bayamonesa1

i make a mess while i am picking everything out for my page. then when i start gluing, that's when a bunch of stuff i decided against gets put away. i don't want to glue/ruin more products than i need to.

when i'm done, i clean off the rest of the table. if i don't my 2 little boys will get into it despite the gate i have up.

Diva

SO funny! I do realted to the messy side of crapbook rooms when I am working on a project!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics