Page 1 of 2 
Username Post: Ranger Ink - Glossy Accents        (Topic#1581451)
Kathy Edwards
Veteran
Kathy Edwards

what have you used it on lately????

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam
In response to Kathy Edwards

Buttons. I like to put it on buttons to give them an epoxy look.

velexa
velexa 
Veteran
velexa
In response to Luvmyfam

I used it just this past weekend on a tag in my Pink Ribbon mini album.

OlesyaK.
Idol
OlesyaK.
In response to velexa

most recently - die cut a title and glossy accented it - looked very nice, just that little bit "not simply plain cardstock paper" look. before that - drops of "water" on a flower petal - tried it out as a test idea. also tried to gloss a flocked tag - no-go, didn't work - just absorbed and that's it.

MisasMom
Resident
MisasMom
In response to OlesyaK.

This week, I used it to put buttons on a couple of gift items I am making for Christmas and then also used it to cover a chipped spot on a Halloween decoration - I colored in the spot with Copics and then "re-glazed" the area to keep it from chipping again. I love this stuff!!

Kathy Edwards
Veteran
Kathy Edwards
In response to MisasMom

Wow I'll try some of these keep it going!!!!

Expert

I think the last time I used it was late summer when I was making a page about helping in my son's classroom, making bugs out of crafty supplies. The teacher & I were hot glue gunning all of the odds & ends to make the bugs and we were having sooooo much fun (insert sarcasm font...). The teacher ended up burning her fingers really good later that day trying to finish up some bugs! So when I did the LO with photos I took I dribbled the glossy accents around the page to simulate hot glue...worked ok, looked better when wet/drying, but still cute when completely dry.

Lunie
Lunie 
Veteran
Lunie
  • Lunie on 10-05-12 12:30 PM
In response to HuskerMom98

I use it as glue all the time. My daughter is always coming over too asking for my glossy accents when she needs glue. The last thing I used it on decoratively was a black halloween cat, cut from my Cricut.

Lunie

madmatter
Diva
madmatter
In response to Lunie

I use it on painted chipboard or grungeboard, and as an adhesive for Tim Holtz's fragments

very useful stuff

dwelch
dwelch 
Diva
dwelch
In response to madmatter

Thanks for posting this topic. I have a bottle of Glossy Accents that I've never opened because I wasn't sure what to do with it. (Not knowing what to do with something never stops me from buying it anyway!)

Kathy Edwards
Veteran
Kathy Edwards
In response to dwelch

LOL love you I don't how meaning thing I have and don't know what to do with it!!!! sound like something to talk about!!!!

designguyKORY
Guru
designguyKORY

I use it on freakin EVERYTHING!

I just got home from stocking up on it, at Michaels- thanks to a few fifty off coupons and a few friends.

K

Seaexplore
Governor
Seaexplore
In response to designguyKORY

Love glossy accents! I use it every chance I get!

I also love crackle accents! It's fun for antiquing stuff.

binkiemonstermom
Idol
binkiemonstermom
In response to Seaexplore

I have the Stampin Up version Crystal Effects, which is pretty much the samething. I use it to glue down items sometimes. It gives them a great look!!! I have used it to make jewelry as well!

I even did stickpin letters with it! I think I have a picture in my gallery with it!

DesiLee
Idol
DesiLee
In response to binkiemonstermom

I use it mostly for glue, it dries quickly and sticks great. I use it a lot on my mini albums to glue them together.

krishunter
Diva
krishunter
In response to DesiLee

I used it to fix a doorknob. The screw kept getting loose. A drop of glossy accents and I haven't had a problem since.

binkiemonstermom
Idol
binkiemonstermom
In response to krishunter

Okay, Krishunter wins!!!!!! LOVE it!!! A doorknob!!!

RedSquirrel
Idol
RedSquirrel
In response to binkiemonstermom

I'm boring then!

I love using it to cover punched paper shapes to make them rounded and shiny. I've "drawn" onto card-stock with it to make a watermark too.

corrie fan
Diva
corrie fan
In response to RedSquirrel

I have used it to fix things at home as well.

The last time I used it on a page was on an image that was cut from patterned paper - added a really thick layer of it - took a while to dry - but the result was great.

traceyjean
Guru
traceyjean
In response to corrie fan

last weekend - as glue - to put a heel back on my shoe...

Page 1 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics