Username Post: Magazines???        (Topic#1581483)
Lunareclipse
Veteran
Lunareclipse

I have seen in a few places (swaps and such) where someone asks someone else if they would like slightly used magazines. What do you use them for?

4tgrfans
Veteran
4tgrfans
In response to Lunareclipse

If they're scrapbook magazines, then for layout ideas, inspiration, etc. i just got 46 back issues from *bay for $10. i only had 4 of the issues already. it was Creating Keepsakes, Memory Makers, Simple Scrapbooks, Scrapbooks, etc, and scrapbooking & beyond.

Old magazines are on our class supply list for the SmashBook class. They said we would look through them to cut out things we like, words or phrases, titles, etc. It could be food, fashion, neat scraprooms, vacation, etc.

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny
In response to 4tgrfans

Yeah, I have three scrapbook magazines I got from a co-worker - they're several years old and they're the only ones I own, but they're nice to look through for ideas.

Lunareclipse
Veteran
Lunareclipse
In response to aquabunny

Ohhh! Where do I get scrapbooking magazines?

4tgrfans
Veteran
4tgrfans

I don't know of very many. a few lately have stopped production.

creating Keepsakes.....they have a website with a subscription link. These are also available in the magazine section at walmart and barnes & noble.

memory Makers and papercrafting are also available.

justowen
Governor
justowen
In response to 4tgrfans

I've kept all my sb mags and I still go through the older ones and get ideas. I think lately I've gotten more inspiration from looking at the mags that are several years old than I have from looking at the newest mags...probably because all the latest stuff I've seen on here already. The old mags gives me inspiration for using new stuff in a different way or for pulling out my old supplies and using them, "because no one else is using those supplies", so they look new and fresh.

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel

I was in Hobby Lobby this afternoon, they have a stand by the cashiers with all sorts of magazines for different crafts, there were 2 or 3 different ones dedicated to scrapbooking. Unfortunately I can't remember the names of them. I think one of them was called "Scrapbooking and More" or something like that.
I have several shelves in my scrap room closet filled with scrapping and craft magazines, I go to them whenever I need inspiration.

suezhunt
Pro
suezhunt

• Lunareclipse Said:
Ohhh! Where do I get scrapbooking magazines?

You can view Scrapbooks and Cards Today online for free!
www.scrabookandcards.com

PokeyMom
Pro
PokeyMom

Besides ebay, try ecrater.com or bonanza.com also you can find them on Craigslist under Arts and Crafts.

Seaside Dreams
Veteran
Seaside Dreams
In response to PokeyMom

If they're scrapbook magazines, then like others said, for inspiration and such.

If they're not, then I use the images sometimes in my art journals to make collage pieces.

kiyawinn
Guru
kiyawinn
In response to Seaside Dreams

Canadian Scrapbooker magazine is great, they are still going and they ship to the States......

Alison

Juansmom
Idol
Juansmom
In response to kiyawinn

Creating Keepsakes, Scrapbooking and Beyond are two titles, then there are some cardmaking publications as well, like Papercrafters. Unforunately, the best, in my opinion, was a BH&G mag called Scrapbooks, Etc, and it is now defunct. Boo hoo.

Solitaire
Veteran
Solitaire
In response to Juansmom

Northridge Media publishes some wonderful craft magazines. They're the only ones I subscribe to.

http://www.northridgepublishing.com

fknapoleon
Pro
fknapoleon
In response to Solitaire

• Solitaire Said:
Northridge Media publishes some wonderful craft magazines. They're the only ones I subscribe to.

I love their Cards Magazine they put out!

Mia1979
Diva
Mia1979
In response to fknapoleon

i use for inspiration

Diva
In response to Mia1979

I use them for ideas. I am very visual and need to see how things are placed in a LO so I can strat from there! SOrt of new in scrapbooking so the used magazines give me some ideas!

disneylisa
Mayor
disneylisa
In response to bayamonesa1

Joann's sells a few scrapbook magazines including several published in Europe. Great for inspiration and the European ones come the way they sell most magazines there - with supplies featured in the mag.

ajsophios62
Diva
ajsophios62
In response to justowen

Nothing beats looking through an old magazine and going ' oooh I've got that stuff ' LOL. It is always good to look at older work and use up your stash. : ) angela

Rhondatx
Veteran
Rhondatx
In response to 4tgrfans

• 4tgrfans Said:

Old magazines are on our class supply list for the SmashBook class. They said we would look through them to cut out things we like, words or phrases, titles, etc. It could be food, fashion, neat scraprooms, vacation, etc.

Is your SmashBook class online? If so, I would love to learn more about it. Thank you!

leslief
Idol
leslief
In response to fknapoleon

• Kendraj78 Said:
  • Solitaire Said:

I love their Cards Magazine they put out!

Ditto!! GREAT card making ideas!!
Also-- if you go to large bookstores with a magazine section, they often have a good selection.
Unless you're getting a subscription, they can be quite pricey, though.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics