Page 10 of 11 
Username Post: do you have something you never used? what?        (Topic#1581499)
terrihooper
Mayor
terrihooper
In response to wilbur

• wilbur Said:
I wonder, do you have to add a drop of glue or some kind of binder to the water/chalks mixture to keep chalks from dusting? I have many chalks that I don't use and this is such a great idea. thanks!

let me know about the binder. thanks!

You can use microglaze over the top of anything you have chalked to seal it. You can also use chalk enhancer instead of water. It keeps the colors more vibrant like when they are wet. I searched the store here for the enhancer and couldn't find it-- I got mine at my LSS before it closed. You might google it--

Kathy Edwards
Veteran
Kathy Edwards
In response to wilbur

I haven't tried this yet I think you use them like water colors. After you color use a water and brush

Briannasmom
Queen
Briannasmom
In response to wilbur

I always wanted to try copics or some kind of markers I can blend to pricey for me right now. even distress markers i would try out lol. I LOVE coloring stamped images. I have mineral spirits and colored pencils

corrie beautiful card. I think i have a a die with hexagons I should look and dust them off

GIGIGI30
Expert
GIGIGI30
In response to Briannasmom

This past weekend I started to clean and reorganizing my scrap corner to make room for my new Cameo and what do I find? The sew stamper tool with all attachment heads. Never touched...smh!!!

Kathy Edwards
Veteran
Kathy Edwards
In response to GIGIGI30

OOOO I want The sew stamper tool !!!!! and would go with it!!!!! love the sew easy!!

Edited by Kathy Edwards on 11-12-12 12:32 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

rimamaria
Veteran
rimamaria
In response to Kathy Edwards

that sounds so cool

RedSquirrel UK
Diva
RedSquirrel UK
In response to justmaxine55

• justmaxine55 Said:
Copic markers. I bought about 20 of them and then remembered I don't like to color!

Send them to me! Send them to me! LOLOL

Kathy Edwards
Veteran
Kathy Edwards
In response to RedSquirrel UK

no keep the Copic find a class and learn to use them I always want to but can't afford the Copic. keep coloring!!!!!

Sandy Ang
Veteran
Sandy Ang
In response to LesleyC

that paper trimmer i got as a gift. just happy with my cutting mat and pen knife

Edited by Sandy Ang on 11-17-12 04:20 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Kathy Edwards
Veteran
Kathy Edwards
In response to Sandy Ang

Yes I got a new trimmer and I keep going back to use my old one. why is that we love doing what we know

mizzblue
Guru
mizzblue
In response to Henri Jean

my Zutter! I keep promising myself that I am gonna watch a tutorial on youtube to get started, but so far, I haven't made time!

mrsdriver5
Diva
mrsdriver5
In response to mizzblue

Oh yes, my zutter that I HAD to have. I had all these great ideas I was going to do with it...and now I can't remember any of them. I don't even know if the thing works, but I got it on a good sb.com sale and it looks pretty on the shelf. ~Judy

Kathy Edwards
Veteran
Kathy Edwards
In response to mizzblue

WOW that too funny!! I just made my first books and would love a Zutter!!!! I made them for my Granddaughters there going to love them. Putting some finishing touch on them should be done today sometimes I don't when to quite. Hope to post soon!!!!!

Briannasmom
Queen
Briannasmom
In response to Kathy Edwards

are ya'll talkign about the zutter bind it all?
I just used mine today to make a book for my dies. (spellbinders, pti, etc etc.) had all the supplies so figured why not.

mrsdriver5
Diva
mrsdriver5
In response to Briannasmom

Yep, the bind-it-all is what's taking up shelf space and collecting dust. Someday maybe I'll actually use it...or my daughter will inherit it and it can sit on her shelf. I even bought a bunch of extra wire binders for it in various colors. I'm good to go...just no timeā€”or interest, for right now at least. ~Judy

950nancy
Diva
950nancy
In response to mrsdriver5

I just used my Zutter last weekend to keep all of my computer websites and passwords (cryptically, of course)organized. Last Christmas our computer went kaput and I was at a loss for websites for several places. Not gunna happen again.

Briannasmom
Queen
Briannasmom
In response to 950nancy

Judy hopefully you will get the time or the interest to use it. I love mine and thinks its the best purchase i made lol

Crafting Marfa
Veteran
Crafting Marfa
In response to wilbur

I tried flocking once or twice. It just wasnt for me. So now I have lots af flocking powder that I've never used. I will be giving them away in my blog soon.

Kathy Edwards
Veteran
Kathy Edwards
In response to Crafting Marfa

i love making books!!! With all the grandchildren I have I think I'll have to buy a zutter bind. as for the flock power no way!!!

TJCraftyWitch
Governor
TJCraftyWitch
In response to Here Kitty

Read the first three pages and have to say we all have our little oddities on what we don't and won't use after we tried it or became intimidated by it. Or just left it alone after we got it.

Me I have a few things that I have but don't us, one is some stencils, alpha and shaped ones. I also have the Masks for using with the glimmer sprays. I have used my sprays on flowers and such but always forget about the masks in my organizer. I have a shape cutter as well, don't know where its at in my craftroom but its there. I have flocking powder I haven't touched. I also have another tool that came out years ago, can't recall the name at the moment, but used it a few times and it doesn't get used. I noticed that it takes me rearranging and moving stuff to find stuff and then use it for awhile and then I find new goodies and the old ones get pushed aside.
I like my fastentor although I don't use it that often. I love using it to attach ribbon to tags.

Page 10 of 11 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics