Page 5 of 11 
Username Post: do you have something you never used? what?        (Topic#1581499)
madmatter
Diva
madmatter
In response to Juansmom

I got the gypsy when it first launched, tried to figure it out, got frustrated, and then put it away ...

fast forward TWO years, a lovely lady on this site got a gypsy, fell in love with it and talked about the amazing things she could do with it ...

I mentioned my frustration with the thing, she pm'ed me and I gave her my phone number ... she then called me and gave me a fantastic phone tutorial

Fast forward to today ... I still don't use it as much as I could, but I find it very helpful for certain things, and still bring it to my crops

I think youtube is one of the best resources for tutorials ... written instructions just don't do it ... if you see it in action, you'll be a maven in know time

Diva
In response to Juansmom

what a wonderful page as a crrosword item. So creative...and the colors are so amazing!

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to Juansmom

Kathy - I'm behind on gallery love for you and will get over there in the next few days - leaving town in an hour or less so it may be first of the week when I get back (my mom doens't have internet).

Love the crossword layout - absolutely love it!

I definitely want to "lift" this but don't guarantee results like yours! Yours is gorgeous!

Diva
In response to Henri Jean

Enjoy your cruise!

RedSquirrel UK
Diva
RedSquirrel UK
In response to bayamonesa1

Madmatter - that's awesome! People on here just rock. I love this site!

Kathy Edwards
Veteran
Kathy Edwards
In response to Juansmom

I love my Gypsy!! we have a club that meats every month it help have help!!! and we get use our friends cartridges!!! I must of cut 14 of my crossword lay out when I was done every pinched to get me a new blade that was so nice!!! Thanks!!!!

Kathy Edwards
Veteran
Kathy Edwards
In response to bayamonesa1

Thanks!!! I going to make those cool windows that are show up no LO!!! crossword is just a bunch squares the hard part is the photos!!!! lots of computer work!!!

Kathy Edwards
Veteran
Kathy Edwards
In response to Juansmom

When I first got my Gypsy I made LOs with my grand kids and they where awful, and they love them so keep trying!!!!

jaspernonyx
Pro
jaspernonyx
In response to Kathy Edwards

My circle cutter. I don't have very much success with it. I think you are supposed to use a glass cutting mat, and I still haven't bought one. I am happy with the mat i have, and I can't justify the cost of a glass mat for something I don't use.

Here Kitty
Mayor
Here Kitty
In response to jaspernonyx

Yes - but I just used it today!!!
I had a Spellbinders set called Witches' Brew that I won when it was released. I used the shoes on this card

Boo! By Here Kitty

Kim222
Kim222 
Mayor
Kim222

• jaspernonyx Said:
My circle cutter. I don't have very much success with it. I think you are supposed to use a glass cutting mat, and I still haven't bought one. I am happy with the mat i have, and I can't justify the cost of a glass mat for something I don't use.

I use a glass cutting board, but you could also use the glass from a picture frame (edges taped). Just make sure you buy one a little larger than your largest circle.

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 10-13-12 06:43 PM
In response to Juansmom

It seems to me that you don't really need the gypsy if you use the Cricut Craft Room on the computer, right? I can weld and all that kind of stuff from here. Is there anything the gypsy can do that craft room can't?

jaspernonyx
Pro
jaspernonyx
In response to Kim222

Kim222: thanks!

I also do not use the Bowdabra bow-making thing that I got months ago!

Edited by jaspernonyx on 10-14-12 02:15 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Kathy Edwards
Veteran
Kathy Edwards
In response to Vae

yes!!! you must choose one or the other. cricut carters will only lode ones so craft room or gypsy. I can't always use my computer so the gypsy is good for me

Kathy Edwards
Veteran
Kathy Edwards

good luck with the cutter!!! The bow-making thing LOL I could never finger that one out!!!

Kathy Edwards
Veteran
Kathy Edwards
In response to Here Kitty

That is so cool scary!!!!

Seaside Dreams
Veteran
Seaside Dreams
In response to Henri Jean

This thread is so funny!

I have some of the same unused stuff, and some of the stuff ya'll have posted as never having used I couldn't do without!

My never used:
- Fascinator

- Mists (but I keep buying them, and even made a few of my own - what's up with that?)

-Stamps (but those, I will use. Just haven't had the right page.)

-Cricut cartridges (again, I will, just haven't had the right page)

-Doodlebug flock (what was I thinking?! I doubt this will ever get used, but I can't seem to part with it)

Maybe we need a "use the stuff you have unopened" challenge or something!

Cricutgirlg
Pro
Cricutgirlg
In response to Seaside Dreams

Several Cricut cartridges, glitter, a card kit I bought in Aug. I spent $14.95 and I don't even understand why I bought it. I'm going to a convention later this week and I will not allow myself to buy stuff like this again.

Kathy Edwards
Veteran
Kathy Edwards

good idea for "use the stuff you have unopened" forum! I tried use it -OK find some thing you don't use and make a lay out,card,or whatever!!!! yes go BANANAS no one said anything what was I thinking

Kathy Edwards
Veteran
Kathy Edwards

Yes I will use my stamps and Cricut cartridges I haven't used!!! Doodlebug flock would love to see this and learn how to use. oh no help I just might go buy it and NEVER USE IT!!! LOL

Page 5 of 11 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics