Page 8 of 11 
Username Post: do you have something you never used? what?        (Topic#1581499)
creater1
Diva
creater1
In response to Kathy Edwards

I just had to have all of the deluxe color blocking templates and design book. I open 1 or 2 of them but I have never used them.
Yep they were a must have at the time.

Kathy Edwards
Veteran
Kathy Edwards
In response to creater1

Never seeing them. I love all the new templates they add so much depth to LO!!!

Diva

eyelets

stateless
New Kid On the Block
stateless
In response to bayamonesa1

For me it alcohol inks. I love the idea of them but I haven't found a good reason to use them. The sad thing is that I still think about buying more colors!

terrihooper
Mayor
terrihooper
In response to stateless

I have A LOT of stuff and I use most of it-- I do have a lot of stamps but most all have been used at least once. I have a TON of eyelets/brads etc... I buy them , use a few on the LO I bought them for and have the rest left over--Lots of flowers- reds and pinks mainly- buttons-- oh, my the buttons I have! Embossing powders, paints, embossing plates...
All in all I have used most of what I have on at least one card or LO but find it hard to use it all up

RedSquirrel
Diva
RedSquirrel
In response to terrihooper

I've just realised that I have an awful lot of flowers, and right now I'm going through a non-flowery phase. Maybe because I'm working on mainly Christmas things at the moment?

Kathy Edwards
Veteran
Kathy Edwards
In response to stateless

I love alcohol inks I don't use them very much!!! last time I used them on Vintaj Metal looks so cool I

Kim222
Kim222 
Mayor
Kim222

OH YOU GUYS!! Alcohol inks are so much fun!!

You can use them on an applicator to color metal pieces, glass pieces, plastic pieces, glossy paper. Change the color of the whole piece or just accent a section here or there.

You can use them to make cool backgrounds for cards/layouts, mats, or to punch out letters and shapes from.

You can use them to custom color dry glitter.

You can even paint with them! I have the Ranger paint palette, but you can use anything really. Place a few drops of different colors in each section and let the ink dry. I have an alcohol ink refillable pen, but you could also use the craft nibs. Anyway-I fill up the pen with blending solution (or dip the nibs in it, being sure to soak it). Then I use the pen to "wake up" the colors by running the pen through the dried up ink. Then apply it to your project!

The mixatives are waaayyy too cool as well!! The snow cap makes an awesome marble design and the metallics bring a pretty shimmer.

Hope I explained that right because they are SO much fun to use!! Just be sure to use them in a ventilated area and never put them in a spray bottle.

Edited by Kim222 on 10-26-12 08:34 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Kathy Edwards
Veteran
Kathy Edwards
In response to Kim222

sooo cool!!! thanks!!!! going to use Alcohol inks to day!!!

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 10-26-12 08:41 AM

I need to look up some videos on that. I have seen the alcohol inks in the store but I never knew what they were for so I haven't bought any.

scrapbookingteacher
Idol
scrapbookingteacher
In response to kiwifarmer

Perfect pearls

kiyawinn
Guru
kiyawinn
In response to scrapbookingteacher

Isn't it funny....I use Perfect Pearls all the time!
I've used them to centre in a flower, put random dots along the edge of papers, to fill in on candles to make the flames, to dot a letter 'i' or 'j'.....
I love my Perfect Pearls....

Alison

Kathy Edwards
Veteran
Kathy Edwards
In response to scrapbookingteacher

I have to get some I hear you can put it in in with ink and water and spray it on you lay outs!!!!! so cool!!!!

Kathy Edwards
Veteran
Kathy Edwards

THANK YOU!!!! I had fun With you all!!!! Found some new cool stuff to used and dug old some old thing !!!But I guess it over I had fun TY

Sassie
Sassie 
Idol
Sassie

I needed to make some room - so I placed things I dont use or use the least in a huge storage container .... inside that are perfect pearls, lots of diffrnet color distress inks, sizzix & TH dies, all the ribbon or sew ribbon things (never even been opened!) loads of doubles of TH trinkets, grunge paper, glassine paper & pockets, all my washi tape ... and lots of other odds & ends! Oh also ever small 1$ stamp I own & hav never even opened also! IDK what I will do with ALL this stuff -- I went nutso when I 1st got back into SB'ing ... only to find out Im not really a "scrapbooker" Im altered, mixed media ect! Ive not yet scrapped a page, nor do I desire to LoL Now show me a canvas, wonderful bottle, weird other trinkets and Im all artist it ... LoL!
I went through a few grand & boy do I regret alot of it!! I cant believe I got so much washi tape & dont even like it as much as I thought I did!!! Plus I got into the copic & spellbinder kick (sold out of all that) now I have the Spectrum markers & I do love these.

Sneezy1956
Guru
Sneezy1956
In response to Sassie

This has been a great thread it makes all of us pull out our stuff and try to use it...I've pulled a lot of stuff I've forgotten I have and played with it. Another use for perfect pearls is to use it in making glimmer mists

Sassie
Sassie 
Idol
Sassie
In response to Sneezy1956

Ugh, I forgot to add all the glimmer mist's I collected then sold also! I love dylousions & Colorwash's ...

But just for giggles how do you make them into mist's??!!

Sassie
Sassie 
Idol
Sassie
In response to Sassie

Just did a re-peek, thers the cropadile thing (un-open) also the crop corner things (like 3) also liquid pearls, I thought i loved them but since i loved them ive only used then 1 or 2 more times?? Maybe i need to re-youtube these things I mean there was a reason I wanted then so badly!!

MrsSugarBear
Guru
MrsSugarBear
In response to Sassie

LOL, I just got the cropodile in the mail today and have also wanted to try the liquid pearls. I could have just shop in your "unused box"!

Sassie
Sassie 
Idol
Sassie
In response to MrsSugarBear

hahah ya could have saved alot of $$ Im sure :O)

Page 8 of 11 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics