Page 9 of 11 
Username Post: do you have something you never used? what?        (Topic#1581499)
MoniL
MoniL 
Guru
MoniL
  • MoniL on 11-05-12 03:58 AM
In response to Sassie

Chalks! I came across a drawer full of them yesterday and tried to use some in a paper piecing but it didn't work out. I can't bring myself to get rid if them even though the last time I used them was probably 2006. I told myself my dd would enjoy them (if I ever let her use them, lol). The good thing is they were all given to me for a dt so I didn't spend my own money on them.
I use my 2.5" xyron all the time now that I have a cameo. It beats liquid glue for titles. My refills are mostly from 2008 and they've been working fine. I love how hobby lobby incorporates a date into their price sticker so I have some idea how long stuff has been living in my home.
I also have tons of foam alpha stamps I have held on to. Again, I think dd would like to use them. I let her lose on my jewel container this summer and she used up over half of them so I know I will eventually hand over other things to her. At least that's what I keep telling myself.

kiyawinn
Guru
kiyawinn
In response to MoniL

I have chalks too and my son loves to colour with them....I use them sometimes but not as much as I used to.
You can paint with them....just add water with a paintbrush and paint with them like water colours....

Alison

Sassie
Sassie 
Idol
Sassie
In response to kiyawinn

Oh wow idk u could paint with the chalk :S Is that why I bought all these pebbles sets? I get stuff, dont use it right away & forget what I at that time NEEDED it for.

Oh, how many ink pads does a normal home have? I have all the distress colors - like 2 the permanent (I want more of the colors) Loads of Momento (spelling - but all I use is the black) then the hybrid platte?

I think what I'll do is make up a couple fun kits, write out or print out some tutorials & give them to Hospice for the cancer patients. They would make something for there loved ones when they were up & around ... when I stopped sb'ing years ago, all I didnt sell they got. I went for like 6 months a day or so a month to a office and created fun thing!

I did already send off 1 flat rate box filled with tools, embelishments & all types of goodies to a member here!

Edited by Sassie on 11-05-12 12:20 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Briannasmom
Queen
Briannasmom
In response to Sassie

wow i didnt know you can color with chalks either now thats cool. might have to check that out with my stamped images. I dont use mine a whole lot but i do use them

Expert
In response to Sassie

• Sassie Said:
Just did a re-peek, thers the cropadile thing (un-open) also the crop corner things (like 3) also liquid pearls, I thought i loved them but since i loved them ive only used then 1 or 2 more times?? Maybe i need to re-youtube these things I mean there was a reason I wanted then so badly!!

I was going to buy those crop corner things! Maybe it's better that I didn't! ha ha

terrihooper
Mayor
terrihooper
In response to scrappy_day

I LOVE my chalks and am very close to having to replace some of them!

Kathy Edwards
Veteran
Kathy Edwards
In response to terrihooper

WOW thanks I'll get my chalks out and try them. just add water.

Briannasmom
Queen
Briannasmom
In response to Kathy Edwards

I tried flocking last night for the first time seeing as i have a million of them lol. what a disater. i made a cute flower added the flock to the petals looked awful.
why did i buy them when they first came out??

Sneezy1956
Guru
Sneezy1956
In response to Sassie

The perfect pearls just take a Popsicle stick and dump them into a bottle with ink and water and makes wonderful shiney spray.

mrsdriver5
Idol
mrsdriver5
In response to Briannasmom

I like to use flocking for small areas. In this title-page LO I used it for the mule's mane & tail and also for the exaggerated mustache on the miner. For flowers I sometimes use flocking for the center. It works good for a baby LO on ducks or teddy bears. It's not something I use all the time, but it adds "fun" to the occasional LO or card.

I love chalks. I keep small fluid chalks in a basket on top of my work table since I use them so often. I use them for distressing since they can be erased. I'm too klutzy to use ink for distressing, especially on almost-finished projects. I also have most of the Pebbles chalk collections and use them often for shading. Chalks are definitely one of my "have-to-have" items~Judy

016 Gold Rush Title Page By Mrsdriver5

Briannasmom
Queen
Briannasmom
In response to mrsdriver5

I think the next time I;m gonna ink my edges and distress i;m gonna try my chalk instead. I mostly grab my ink pads but there are times i dont have the color i;m looking for so chalk would be perfect

maybe I;ll try the flocking again. what kind of glue do you use? I used diamond glaze

Kathy Edwards
Veteran
Kathy Edwards

I never got the flock and I love chalk!!! thanks everyone!!!!

Tenant

Stamps and glitter... I love stamps but somehow mine always turn out weird...

mrsdriver5
Idol
mrsdriver5

Mandi—I'm not ignoring you...I'm just trying to remember what kind of glue I used for the flocking. I wrote down the flocking, but not how I held it to the paper I have FlowerSoft glue, that I might have used, but I think I probably used a Perfect Medium pen for the small areas that I flocked. I've also seen suggestions to use Sakura's Glaze pens, then apply the flocking while the ink is wet, but I know that's not what I used.

I also use Glossy Accents for a lot of things, so maybe I used that with a soft brush to spread it out, but I love the Perfect Medium pens—which are getting hard to find. J's has them, but in a twin-pack, and one is black. They used to be two clear, with 1 end bullet & the other end brush. Now it's bullet or brush. Why does everything that works good have to be "upgraded" so it no longer works or can't even be found? Note to manufacturers: Leave stuff that works alone!

Oops...heart palpitations...OK...I'll climb down off my soapbox and get back to flocking~ After I load a bunch of flocking on, I gently push down on it, so it adheres well, wait a few minutes, then tap off the excess flocking to put back into the container. Then set the project aside so it can dry really well. After a day or so, it can be brushed to remove any loose pieces. Probably could use a heat gun (from a distance) to lessen drying time, but don't blow the flocking away or catch it on fire ~Judy

Kathy Edwards
Veteran
Kathy Edwards
In response to Pattycake92

Love stamping!!!! Glitter Its like embossing I get sooo frustrated!!

justmaxine55
Tenant
justmaxine55

Copic markers. I bought about 20 of them and then remembered I don't like to color!

CorrieW
Guru
CorrieW
In response to LesleyC

• LesleyC Said:
  • pinkpaperairedale Said:
I don't like my Fiskars Ultra shape express or my Fiskars embossing system. It must be ME... because I adore all things Fiskars. Maybe these 2 things are hard on my arthritic fingers. On the other hand... Fiskars squeeze punches are the very best for folks with arthritis.

It's not just you...lots of people hate the fiskars shape thing. I love it for medium sized basic shapes that are too big for a punch when I don't want to drag out my cameo for a simple circle or rectangle. I also like it for crops.

I put my flocking powders in a rak. And, I have never used my cm hexie punch. It was SUCH a find ($3 at a garage sale) but I have not had occasion to use it.

I never used my hexagon punch for 4 years until I saw everyone going gaga over them. I made this from scraps of a 6x6 pad

Hexagon Easel Card By CorrieW

CorrieW
Guru
CorrieW

• Kathy Edwards Said:
I have to get some I hear you can put it in in with ink and water and spray it on you lay outs!!!!! so cool!!!!

I do this with the white perfect pearls all the time. I use 50% rubbing alchol (helps it to dry faster). I keep a bottle on the top of my craft desk and a splat mat under my larger MM mat. I love making things shimmery. It's like the franks red hot sauce of my craft room. I put that XXXX on everything

Kathy Edwards
Veteran
Kathy Edwards
In response to justmaxine55

I have color pencil they work just fine copic seems a bit to complicated for me.

wilbur
wilbur 
Expert
wilbur

I wonder, do you have to add a drop of glue or some kind of binder to the water/chalks mixture to keep chalks from dusting? I have many chalks that I don't use and this is such a great idea. thanks!

let me know about the binder. thanks!

Page 9 of 11 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics