Username Post: Holiday Rush Challenge        (Topic#1581525)
Jessica G-B
Expert
Jessica G-B

Anyone else under the time crunch of the looming holiday season to get projects done? Post below what your goal is to complete before the holiday season. Post projects/pages as well as progress updates here; offer love and support to each other. Please try to offer compliments in galleries, but I won't "police" it. Perhaps more of a support group than a challenge group. Totally low-key!

My goal:
100 pages - Disney album / 0completed
2 photo panels / 0 completed
24 calendar pages / 1 pg. completed
26 pages - ABC baby album / 4 pgs. completed

Edited by Jessica G-B on 10-16-12 06:43 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny
In response to Jessica G-B

I can't promise I'll actually get anything into my gallery - with the days getting shorter, available sunlight to take good pictures with after work is at a premium - but I do have lots of projects on my plate.

Christmas-related:
- One scrapping-related wall quote for my mom for Christmas - DONE! November 4
- Some small magnets for my mom for Christmas - DONE! November 3
- Around 2 dozen Christmas cards
- Gift tags - DONE! November 6
- 16 all-occasion cards (to be split up among gift baskets for friends and relatives) - DONE! October 13
- 4 jars of sugar scrub for the gift baskets
- 3 rice-filled heat therapy bags for the gift baskets - IN PROGRESS (the flannel covers are done as of October 23, the instruction tags are done as of November 4)
- Eight glass-ball glitter ornaments for the gift baskets - DONE! October 15
- Unknown handmade gift for another friend (maybe some scrap pages, but maybe a gift basket as described above, for a total of four baskets) - Decided that this will be another gift basket, and updated the numbers above accordingly
- Possibly another sewing-related project for one of the gift baskets

Non-Christmas-related:
- At least 8 more layouts this calendar year (shouldn't be hard, I already know what at least 7 of them will be even though I can't necessarily make them yet) - 4 completed as of October 20, and it should be no problem having enough scrappable-events to finish out my goal this year
- Finishing a no-sew fleece blanket for myself (hope to finish this on Columbus Day) - finished on October 8
- A fall-themed page kit for a kit swap (needs to be done by 10/18) - DONE! October 14

Edited by aquabunny on 11-07-12 08:04 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

traceyjean
Guru
traceyjean
In response to aquabunny

I'm pretty slow, so everything feels like a crunch even though I don't have a ton to do. Here's what I'd like to accomplish using up some of the retired papers in my stash:
5 dozen Christmas cards
1 dozen gift tags

Pam in TX
Diva
Pam in TX
In response to traceyjean

Here is my list of projects planned:
1. Album of my stepdads family for my mom and stepdad
2. Euro Disney album for my son's family.
3. 6x12 album for my granddaughter who is in England.
4. Oriental clock for my daughters new apartment.
5. Mini album to send my son where he is deployed so that he can have something of his family while he's away at Christmas.
6. Altered tray for my sister of her great nieces and nephew.
7. Mini album for my other son to take to the oil rig with him of his daughter.

Whew............now I am exhausted just thinking about all of it.

Jessica G-B
Expert
Jessica G-B
In response to aquabunny

I just looked at all you've gotten done the first half of this month. WOW! Color me impressed! I've added another project and am still struggling to get going on a Disney album for my mom. I need to just suck it up and start somewhere on that album!

Jessica G-B
Expert
Jessica G-B

My goal:
80 pages - Disney album / 0 completed
20 pages - Race for the Cure album / DONE!
2 photo panels / 1 completed
24 calendar pages / 1 pg. completed
2 Christmas photo cards / 0 completed

beck_bear
Idol
beck_bear

I don't mean to brag but 99% my christmas projects are done (only because my parents were just here and drove the presents home so I wouldn`t have to pack them in my suitcase when I fly home). I do however have some other projects I`m working on:

calendar - 0 of 12 completed
christmas cards - goal is to make 20 this year
20 pages of my son
1 large skull candle
1 small skull candle (sunken treasure theme)

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics