Username Post: How do you store your ATCs?        (Topic#1581553)
Expert

I'm sure this has been asked already but I couldn't find anything on it.
How do you store your ATCs? I just recently started making some and need a good place to keep them.

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23
In response to scrappy_day

I don't have any, but could you make a pretty box? Or are you looking to display them somewhere?

Expert
In response to moxiegirl23

So far all I thought of was those page protector things you keep baseball cards in.
I like the box idea!

meezerpleaser
Idol
meezerpleaser

I use the baseball card plastic thingy. I also use albums for 4x6 prints if I've got a bulky ATC.

Expert
In response to meezerpleaser

Where did you find the baseball card thingy? I have looked at M's and W's with no luck.

fknapoleon
Pro
fknapoleon

I found some at the dollar store! I must have gotten lucky.

Lunareclipse
Veteran
Lunareclipse
In response to fknapoleon

I found some old shutters out in the garage and I hung them in my living room. I am going to hang my ATCs on them.

provinca
Mayor
provinca
In response to Lunareclipse

I have a couple different ways I store mine. I have the 7 gypsies tray that holds 12 cards, and I use it as part of my decorations. I make chronological/month specific cards, and I put one in each slot for each month. So the first slot has a New Year's card; the next slot has a Valentine's Day card, etc.

I also have a couple of 7 gypsies carousels. One I have sorted chronologically and the other one is by theme. They're pretty chock full so I'm thinking I need another one. (The one I've listed below is the photo one -- couldn't find a picture of the ATC one.)

I'm thinking I might look for an appropriate-sized box and alter it to hold some

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam
In response to fknapoleon

• Kendraj78 Said:
I found some at the dollar store! I must have gotten lucky.

I found mine at the dollar store, too. Years ago I would buy them at Toys R Us. My son would buy them for his Pokemon cards.

Tina scraps
Governor
Tina scraps

• scrappy_day Said:
So far all I thought of was those page protector things you keep baseball cards in.
I like the box idea!

that's what I do.

4tgrfans
Veteran
4tgrfans
In response to Tina scraps

walMart has basball albums and "deck boxes".

You can use a nice recipe box....put the cards in sideways end to end instead of front to back.

i bought a wooden stand from youratcstore. it is like a hall tree for coats but about 18 inches tall. it comes with plastic sleeves with a hole on top to slide onto the hooks.

prittb
prittb 
Diva
prittb
In response to 4tgrfans

I got a little tin from 7 Gypsies a few years ago and keep mine in it.

JenKoss
Veteran
JenKoss
In response to prittb

I have couple of little tins too that I bought at my LSS. Can't remember who they're made by, although they could be 7Gypsies like Betty's.

Jen

Diva
In response to JenKoss

I use babseball cards page protectors in a binder. The bigger ones in a decorated box.

Expert
In response to bayamonesa1

Hmm maybe I am looking in the wrong spot for the baseball protectors at Walmart. I just looked by the office supplies.
I did find an old cigar box at home. I think I will alter that and keep some in there until I can find the page protectors.
Thanks for all the ideas!!

meezerpleaser
Idol
meezerpleaser

I found mine in WM in the office supplies near the plastic page protectors.

4tgrfans
Veteran
4tgrfans
In response to meezerpleaser

They're also with all the pokemon , etc cards. Sometimes that is up front by magazines, or back in toys.

Edited by 4tgrfans on 10-09-12 08:39 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Babylou
Diva
Babylou
In response to 4tgrfans

You could probably find some at a collectibles shop too. Like a comic book store, or store that sells the pokeman cards.

Also, would any of the project life type protectors work? I'm not sure what size slot you need.

Expert
In response to Babylou

Keri,
Is that your doggie in your profile pic? What a cutie!

4tgrfans
Veteran
4tgrfans

Yes...she is 10 now. Thanks!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics