Username Post: Help me choose a book/journal        (Topic#1581557)
New Kid On the Block

Hello!

First, I should explain that I am more of an "art journaling" person than traditional scrapper. Although I did scrap years ago and I do use some products that are meant for scrappers.

Recently, I've been thinking of doing either "December Daily" or "Journal Your Christmas." Christmas has become sort of difficult for me in my adult years. I'd like to bring some of the magic back.

A couple of questions I've been mulling over. I don't have a big stash of paper, but I do have a lot of art supplies such as water soluble crayons, paints, ephemera (old book pages etc.), and I own MS Publisher and Adobe's Creative Suite, so I can do some digital stuff (though I like to do physical journaling).

I'm having trouble coming up with a size for my December book. Ali Edwareds is doing a 4" x 6" for her Dec. Daily this year, but I wonder if that's too small. Square formats are hard to work with for me, and I don't want to go too large. 4" x 6" is good in some regards: Easy to do, not time-consuming, and I can incorporate postcards into the book (I found some really great ones for Christmas that I can use). I also have a lot of ATC sleeves, so I thought I could cut them down if I did an 8.5" x 5.5" book.

Can you help me decide? Of course, what's actually available as a book is also crucial, as I'm not really into making a book totally from scratch. Edit: I do own a 7 Gypsies Binderie, however, so I'm not totally opposed to punching some holes!

Also, if anyone has comments/input on either Christmas project, I would love to hear from you!

Thank you so much!

Seaside Dreams
Veteran
Seaside Dreams
In response to ladyinblack1964

I personally like a small size for a special project like this. 4x6 would feel too small for me. I'd probably use a 6x6 or 8x8 for a bit more room.

Have fun! I've done JYC and love the concept.

New Kid On the Block
In response to Seaside Dreams

I got one of the SEI Preservation Series albums.
It is 8" x 8".
Thanks for replying!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics