Username Post: just found this site        (Topic#1581569)
Besneys
Guru
Besneys

Hiya, I've just joined this site, I've been looking at the gallery and think mine look a bit ordinary but over here in the UK especially up in Bolton there doesn't seem to be many scrappers. Lots of people make cards but no-one seems to want to scrap?? I've always used stickers but am thinking of going one step further.....eek!! what does a cricut do? Any helpful advice would be apprecaited
Thanks in advance..

Anne

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny
In response to Besneys

A Cricut is an electronic cutting machine that uses cartridges to give it the information to tell it how to cut the shapes. With it you can cut any shape on the cartridge in multiple sizes.

Besneys
Guru
Besneys
In response to aquabunny

Today I went into the local town with a view to buying a diecut machine. The shop was full to bursting of eager customers and all the assistants were very busy. I took a good old look at the ones they had and decided to come back when there was someone to help me. They all look so very confusing. Being unable ro resist buying something I bought two punches and some ribbon.
thanks for your reply by the way xx

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny
In response to Besneys

I also like manual die-cutting machines like the Sizzix Big Shot, where you run a die made of steel, rubber, and plastic through the rollers using a crank.
Products Referenced in This Post:

RedSquirrel
Diva
RedSquirrel
In response to aquabunny

Hi Anne and welcome! I'm in the UK too, and there are LOADS of scrappers here. Pop over to the UK Scrappers site and see. I'm a member on both sites.

I have a Cuttlebug which is a manual die cutter. I also have a Silhouette which is an electronic cutter. I have to say I use the Cuttlebug on practically everything, and the Silhouette far less. I LOVE my Cuttlebug!

bigredssw
Tenant
bigredssw
In response to RedSquirrel

Ditto to aquabunny...a BigShot is so useful that I never even use my electronic cutter anymore.

Besneys
Guru
Besneys
In response to bigredssw

Red Squirrel...many thanks I've found the UK website and sat and done nothing again all morning but trawl through...I must look with my eyes shut cos I couldn't find any sites before this. thanks again.
Looks like its a big shot then folks thanks a lot for advise xx

RedSquirrel
Diva
RedSquirrel
In response to Besneys

LOL Glad you've found it, but stay here too. The inspiration you'll get from the Gallery here is so different from the inspiration in the UK. And other countries are different again - I love that!

justartguy007
Expert
justartguy007

Hi welcome it nice to see new people come on the site. I'm kinda of a newbie myself. I only been on this site for about maybe two months myself. I just got my Silhouette Cameo and loving it so far. You'll find a lot of ideas just by looking at the gallery there some really good ones on there.

Justie

http://wwwjustie.blogspot.com

Seaside Dreams
Veteran
Seaside Dreams
In response to justartguy007

Welcome!

I have both a manual diecutting machine (a cuttlebug) and an electronic cutter (cricut - the original baby bug). I use them both for different things, and like both of them.

I'd really like to upgrade to something like the Cameo in order to have more versatility with my electronic machine, though. For now, it's on my wish list - budget just doesn't allow that big of an expenditure right now.

Besneys
Guru
Besneys
In response to Seaside Dreams

thanks all.. I've been to hobby craft and seen a sizzex and a big shot. I want one that cuts letters to form the titles of the pages I'll get there one day!!!! I love to look at all the gallery pics they are great...

Best Wishes

RedSquirrel
Diva
RedSquirrel
In response to Besneys

They all cut alphas. You just have to get the dies. Sizzix and Cuttlebug alpha dies are expensive. I found a Tim Holtz one which was much more reasonable, but all the letters and numbers are on one die. Rather than cutting the whole thing every time, I just cut small squares and place them over the letters I want. I'm very happy with that.

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny

You can sometimes find really good deals on some of the older Sizzix alphabets on eBay. I've seen a number of non-US-based auctions/Buy It Nows; two of my most beloved Originals dies came from a UK seller, in fact.

Besneys
Guru
Besneys
In response to aquabunny

Thanks again all I'll take a look on ebay to see if there are any Tim Holtz dies.

Another day and no work done...good job I work for my hubby xx haha

RedSquirrel
Diva
RedSquirrel
In response to Besneys

LOL That's the way it goes, this scrapping lark - if you let it!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics