Page 1 of 2 
Username Post: Wrmk sew easy        (Topic#1581579)
New Kid On the Block

No matter how I try I cannot get this to work?
Any tips?
All I seem to do is dent the paper... Does it not pierce the stitching holes? I am using the proper mat, and have tried bazzill and patterned papers ....

How do you get it to work?

angie girl
Diva
angie girl
In response to kiwifarmer

What do you mean by "proper mat"??? The wrmk one? I've never tried that mat, I just use an old mousepad...you know, the squishy ones?

Tina scraps
Governor
Tina scraps
In response to angie girl

Wish I could help, but I haven't had that problem. If you hadn't already said you're using the mat, my first question would have been are you using any cushion underneath. The only thing I can think of is maybe you're not using enough pressure?

binkiemonstermom
Idol
binkiemonstermom
In response to Tina scraps

If the cardstock is really nice cardstock, it doesn't pierce the cardstock well. I normally take a paper piercer and pierce the "dents".

Diva
In response to binkiemonstermom

I am thinking about buying the set for Sew Easy. Do you like the product?

elsje2
elsje2 
Expert
elsje2
In response to bayamonesa1

If you are using the mat, the only thing I can think of you may have to use more pressure. I have that problem occasionally, because I don't press enough. If that happens I also use the needle to open up the dents. Do you have this problem with all the different ones?

elsje2
elsje2 
Expert
elsje2

• bayamonesa1 Said:
I am thinking about buying the set for Sew Easy. Do you like the product?

I do like it, although I have never been crazy about embroidering as such. But I love to use the Sew Easy to make a border or just place an accent on the page.

kelseymel
Idol
kelseymel
In response to elsje2

I like it, but the needle that comes with it is ginormous. I find myself having to force it through the holes.

binkiemonstermom
Idol
binkiemonstermom
In response to kelseymel

I have it and have used it. But it isn't the first thing I pull out. I have the stamp one that they carry which rolls on a faux stamped stich onto your paper, I use that way more!!!

Diva
In response to binkiemonstermom

Thank you for the responses. Good to know.

dwelch
dwelch 
Diva
dwelch

I just used it today and you're right - it did just "dent" the paper. I didn't mind, however, because I just used those little dents as a guide to poke holes with my needle. At least I knew they were evenly spaced and looked really nice.

flintridgescrapper
Diva
flintridgescrapper
In response to dwelch

Yeah, mine usually doesn't go all the way through either. If I do push hard enough to completely pierce it, it leaves a dented mark on my paper from the tool itself. I usually do my design and then go back with my paper piercer. I also like how everything is evenly spaced and I really like some of the design heads.

Tina scraps
Governor
Tina scraps
In response to flintridgescrapper

• flintridgescrapper Said:
Yeah, mine usually doesn't go all the way through either. If I do push hard enough to completely pierce it, it leaves a dented mark on my paper from the tool itself. I usually do my design and then go back with my paper piercer. I also like how everything is evenly spaced and I really like some of the design heads.

I do sometimes get the dents also, and I do like the look of some of the stitching heads. I find stitching very methodical and almost relaxing.

Diva
In response to Tina scraps

Good to know

thehappyscrapper8
Veteran
thehappyscrapper8

I ordered the sew easy starter kit and it should be here by Monday. I am looking forward to playing with it.

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 10-11-12 10:46 AM
In response to thehappyscrapper8

Sounds like this would be a good tool to mark where you want to place crystals too... I have been wanting one of these for a while but I am resisting. Spending freezes aren't fun

4tgrfans
Veteran
4tgrfans
In response to Vae

I put it on my Christmas list for my husband & kids.
I think I want some of the stamp ones too.

madmatter
Diva
madmatter
In response to 4tgrfans

I am not a huge fan of the Sew Easy ... I have trouble keeping it straight and some of the designs jst will not pierce through even with pressure ... I actually prefer using the templates from the Bazzill IN Stitches collections

Diva
In response to madmatter

Let me ask you..how do get the templates. DO you make them or buy them?

cheball
Diva
cheball

I was somewhat disappointed that it did not pierce the paper well. I find I don't use it as much as I thought. (Not the first tool that is rarely used in my stash) UGH

Page 1 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics