Username Post: Is Anyone Doing Project Life?        (Topic#1581601)
Lunie
Lunie 
Veteran
Lunie
  • Lunie on 10-10-12 07:20 AM

I'm working on that right now even though I jumped in in the last quarter of the year... It appealed to me and now I'm knee deep in it. I am making my own journaling and title cards because I have to use up my stash. My goodness... why couldn't I just buy the kit? Sometimes it's fun and I like how it turns out but other times I'm not happy with it but I have to keep going forward and not fall behind. It's fun but a lot of pressure. Anyone else doing it?

Lunie

Doreena
Governor
Doreena
In response to Lunie

No...
I would love to but I'm not that ambitious nor do I have the time!
I give big Kudos to those who do!!

I will stick w/ my Smash book, hahahahahaha!

I might do a December daily though. But a watered down version, because I don't think I will have the time for that either!
It will be my first.

Good luck w/ your project!!

~LinMom~
Veteran
~LinMom~
In response to Doreena

I started in August (the year leading up to my 40th b-day :/ )

It has been fun and overwhelming at times.

I am printing my own pictures on my Espon Charm, so even if I am not journaling daily/weekly, I at least have the pictures to remind me what I need to journal.

Like you, I am trying to use my stash--I only bought the binder and the pages. So far it is still fun. With Pinterest and places like here, there are a ton of ideas to make my own

I hope to upload some pages here soon.

Dedra Long
Veteran
Dedra Long
In response to ~LinMom~

I have been doing project life since the beginning of the year. To take some of the pressure off of myself, I decided that I don't need to take a picture everyday and I don't need to create a two page spread that showcases one week. Heck I don't even label mine in weeks (like the project life design team does).
At the beginning of every month I just label that first spread with the month and then every spread after that is just photos and journaling until the next month.
I have found a new "freedom" and less pressure way of doing it. Hopefully that makes sense.

Diva
In response to Dedra Long

I want to make one titled A year in grandma's life for my grandson to know about me.

kiyawinn
Guru
kiyawinn
In response to bayamonesa1

I am doing it...started last January.
I bought the kit (had never done it before) but I'm not using hardly any of it except the page protectors....I didn't like the vinyl album and I'm using different journalling cards as they make so many cute ones now!
I'm really far behind right now....I'm at May and I need to get to it! I have all the pictures on my computer....I keep taking photos every day but have not done anything with them!
I don't always do a 2 page spread for my weeks either....sometimes I do one pocketed page, sometimes I do a layout-type page...sometimes I do the full 2 pocketed pages.....depends on my photos
I don't find it stressful except that I do feel pressure to get "caught up".....

Alison

kelseymel
Idol
kelseymel
In response to Doreena

• Doreena Said:
No...
I would love to but I'm not that ambitious nor do I have the time!
I give big Kudos to those who do!!

I will stick w/ my Smash book, hahahahahaha!

I might do a December daily though. But a watered down version, because I don't think I will have the time for that either!
It will be my first.

Good luck w/ your project!!

I'm going to attempt a DD this year, too. I should probably go ahead and get started on it since I know myself and will probably get all overwhelmed and shelve it.

PL would send me right over the edge.

cescrapper
Expert
cescrapper
In response to kelseymel

I've been doing PL since January and I have to say since i don't have a lot to scrapbook it's been very therapudic, I've been using up things in my stash. i will do it next year but in a scaled back way. i won't presure myself to take a photo a day I'll just print those that matter to me. I'm just not sure what format i want to use. I like simple Stories, I like that Portfolio and i like the file folders that heidi Swapp has out. so we'll see how it goes.

Lunareclipse
Veteran
Lunareclipse
In response to cescrapper

What is project life?

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny
In response to Lunareclipse

• Lunareclipse Said:
What is project life?

http://www.beckyhiggins.com/products/what-is-proj ect-li...

Doreena
Governor
Doreena
In response to aquabunny

Oh wow!
That link was full of great info!
I didn't realize how easy they made it!
I could almost see myself doing it now that I see it's easier than I thought...

But I think I will try my December Daily first.
Because if I can't survive that project there is no way I can do Project Life!

RedSquirrel
Diva
RedSquirrel
In response to Doreena

There's a P365 chat thread in NSBR if you want to go and check it out? Good luck! My life isn't interesting enough to do it.

Doreena
Governor
Doreena
In response to RedSquirrel

• RedSquirrel Said:
There's a P365 chat thread in NSBR if you want to go and check it out? Good luck! My life isn't interesting enough to do it.

I'm sure it will be interesting to others... maybe not now, but in the future...

Shutterbugg
Idol
Shutterbugg
In response to Doreena

i am doing it for the second year in a row. Our books last year ended up filling 3 american crafts 3 ring binders. yes, I added alot of extra pictures from when we went on vacation and weekend trips. This year so far it is fitting into 2 american crafts binders.
At one point earlier this year I was a couple weeks behind. I found that if I keep the journaling cards on my nightstand and do my journaling each night before I go to bed, I do a better job at keeping caught up. I put post it notes on the spaces of the page protectors where they will go and then once every week I sit down and print all of the photos for the week. Having the post it notes marking what photos go where makes it super easy to complete each week. I dont hold myself to having to take a photo a day...that is too stressful. So some weeks I have a photo a day but other weeks I have more than one photo from some days.

RedSquirrel
Diva
RedSquirrel
In response to Doreena

• Doreena Said:
  • RedSquirrel Said:

I'm sure it will be interesting to others... maybe not now, but in the future...

Thank you, That's a kind thing to say. It would be nice to think that, but we have no kids, my brother has no kids, and DH's sister's children aren't going to be interested in a year in their aunt's and uncle's lives. And with so many other people doing P365, the historical "whole picture" is already covered. No, I have to be reasonable and not pick up ANOTHER project - I have so many to finish as it is!

Doreena
Governor
Doreena
In response to Shutterbugg

• Shutterbugg Said:
i am doing it for the second year in a row. Our books last year ended up filling 3 american crafts 3 ring binders. yes, I added alot of extra pictures from when we went on vacation and weekend trips. This year so far it is fitting into 2 american crafts binders.
At one point earlier this year I was a couple weeks behind. I found that if I keep the journaling cards on my nightstand and do my journaling each night before I go to bed, I do a better job at keeping caught up. I put post it notes on the spaces of the page protectors where they will go and then once every week I sit down and print all of the photos for the week. Having the post it notes marking what photos go where makes it super easy to complete each week. I dont hold myself to having to take a photo a day...that is too stressful. So some weeks I have a photo a day but other weeks I have more than one photo from some days.

Wowzers!3 binders! I thought it was supposed to fit in 1!! I already have too many items to store, IDK if I could do a project that could add an additional 3 binders to my already full collection!
Oh but you added extra pics...
That does change it up a little.
Do you have room for all that stuff?

Perhaps when the kids move out i can turn their rooms into storage for all my albums...
Yeah, that sounds like a plan!

Edited by Doreena on 10-11-12 07:12 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Shutterbugg
Idol
Shutterbugg
In response to Doreena

Yes, I have a room for that. My scrapspace is 1/2 of our office space and I have a large book shelf that houses all of our albums. I don't have a massive stash of supplies as some people do, so that leaves me room for the book shelf. Thats the trade off and it works for me.

The 3 binders last year did include extra pictures because I put our trip pictures into it instead of doing separate albums for those. Our 2011 is completely scrapped and I don't have to go back and scrap any pictures from 2011 because I included them all in project life.

I also spread them into 3 albums so they would not be as heavy to lift off of the shelf. I could have fit everything into 2 albums but they would have weighed more than I am allowed to lift so I opted for the 3rd album.

BTW: You can do this project and fit it all into one album if you don't add any extra pictures!

Lunie
Lunie 
Veteran
Lunie
  • Lunie on 10-12-12 04:03 AM
In response to Shutterbugg

The Project Life concept is so versatile that you can really do it any way you want... daily, weekly, monthly, or even themed. I'm doing a second album at the same time of my son's high school track career. So far he's had 4 XC races. If it works out, it will be cool to watch how he changes from a freshman to a senior and it's really easy to do. I print out the race results, do one journaling card recapping the race and a storyboard of pictures. Two two races on each page.

Lunie

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics