Username Post: Foam dots on embellies packages        (Topic#1581613)
michellesmakingmemories
Tenant
michellesmakingmemories

Does anybody know what the foam dots that adhere scrapbook embellishments to the acrylic sheet in it's package is called? Are they just removable foam glue dots? Thanks in advance for your help!

Kim222
Kim222 
Mayor
Kim222
In response to michellesmakingmemories

Like these? Pop dots or Foam dots is how I've heard them described as

Resident
In response to Kim222

for a cheaper alternative i had some pieces of foam laying around and i put strips of double sided tape on both sides then simply used a hole punch to make a heap of "dots". now when i need a foam dot... i peel the backing paper of the double sided tape and stick to embellishment/photo/cutou t then peel the other side and stick the piece where i want it.
this would also work on scrap felt??

Lunareclipse
Veteran
Lunareclipse
In response to dee.is.me

• dee.is.me Said:
for a cheaper alternative i had some pieces of foam laying around and i put strips of double sided tape on both sides then simply used a hole punch to make a heap of "dots". now when i need a foam dot... i peel the backing paper of the double sided tape and stick to embellishment/photo/cutou t then peel the other side and stick the piece where i want it.
this would also work on scrap felt??

^^^This is what I do too. I can make my foam any size I want it instead of spending a bunch on different sizes of foam circles. I use Zots or glue dots to adhere on one side and I just peel the back and stick on the other side.,

Diva
In response to Lunareclipse

Sam.. it is less expensive and provides more flexibility.

michellesmakingmemories
Tenant
michellesmakingmemories
In response to bayamonesa1

Awesome ideas! Do you use foam core board? That would make enough to last a year, love the thought of that. Thanks ladies!

RedSquirrel
Diva
RedSquirrel
In response to michellesmakingmemories

Great idea to make your own, but just make sure your foam is acid-free - much of the craft foam isn't.

Diva
In response to RedSquirrel

I love the sharing of ideas!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics