Username Post: Yonanas        (Topic#1581621)
Mercy4Free
Diva
Mercy4Free

Anyone used this gadget?

2xblessed
Queen
2xblessed
In response to Mercy4Free

Never heard of it!

Mercy4Free
Diva
Mercy4Free
In response to 2xblessed

http://www.yonanas.com/

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam

Thanks for the link. I haven't heard of it before, either. Would a blender do the same thing?

Karen B
Diva
Karen B
In response to Luvmyfam

I haven't used it, but I've heard of blending frozen banana in a blender to make something similar to ice cream. A blender would be more versitile than a product specifically for bananas.

Mercy4Free
Diva
Mercy4Free
In response to Karen B

You can do other fruit in it.... I went ahead and bought one...they are usually $60 and I got it for $24. If I don't like it, I can always sell it or maybe there is a guarantee on it.

Diva

Nope. No idea. I just googled it to find out about it.

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda
In response to Luvmyfam

• Luvmyfam Said:
Thanks for the link. I haven't heard of it before, either. Would a blender do the same thing?

That's what I was thinking.
Or a salad shooter, or food processor?

I hadn't heard of it, but watched some of the video. Since you asked, to me it looks like a cheaply-made piece of cr@p.

Wait a bit, and you could probably find one at the Dollar Tree "as seen on TV" section.

2xblessed
Queen
2xblessed
In response to Bxr-Linda

Well, since I don't eat bananas, I don't think I will rush out and buy one. lol

_pink_glitter_hearts_
Guru
_pink_glitter_hearts_
In response to 2xblessed

i was curious myself about it, i saw it recently at bed bath beyond for $50 and thought it was too steep...$24 is a good deal though. i read somewhere that it takes about 3 bananas to make a decent serving? (dunno if that's true..)

_pink_glitter_hearts_
Guru
_pink_glitter_hearts_
In response to 2xblessed

(comp issue)

Edited by _pink_glitter_hearts_ on 10-15-12 11:03 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Mercy4Free
Diva
Mercy4Free
In response to _pink_glitter_hearts_

i was going to make some tonight but didn't get around to it...will hopefully tomorrow and I'll post!

Mercy4Free
Diva
Mercy4Free

First try tonight...only bananas...disappointed. Going to try again with other fruit mixed in.

I put the bananas in the freezer Monday night. I intended to make it last night, but didn't get to it. I think the book said something about freezing the bananas 24 hours....but does that mean at least, or maybe I left them in there too long. I can just say that the bananas which were ripe and good, and they tasted like underripe bananas when ran through the gadget.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics