Username Post: Refill Station        (Topic#1581635)
dwelch
dwelch 
Diva
dwelch

I recently turned a shelving unit in my scraproom into what I'm calling my Refill Station. It's where I store all my refills - I've included extra ink cartridges for my printers, refills for my Xyron machines, bottles containing extra CIU clips, etc. When I run out of something, I know exactly where to look! I love it - I'm not going to be re-buying what I can't find.

4tgrfans
Veteran
4tgrfans
In response to dwelch

What a great idea! Right now, I have stuff everywhere....printer ink & paper in this drawer, adhesives over here, etc. You are very organized!

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to dwelch

I love that idea! What a great thing to do!

thehappyscrapper8
Veteran
thehappyscrapper8
In response to Henri Jean

Thats a wonderful idea! I don't have the space to do something like that but I do have all that kind of stuff in a drawer.

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny
In response to thehappyscrapper8

One of my card catalog drawers is like that - extra cutting blades, ATG tape, Zig glue pens. The only spare I can think of that doesn't go in there are my extra Cricut blades, which are in the drawer with all my other Cricut accessories.

Diva
In response to aquabunny

I have that same concept but in different areas of my room. I have one for adhesives and one for Cricut stuff and the other one for page protectors.

Works fine for me.

justowen
Governor
justowen
In response to bayamonesa1

Great idea!

GMFTS
GMFTS 
Mayor
GMFTS
  • GMFTS on 10-11-12 02:58 PM
In response to justowen

I keep a cupboard for refills too except of adhesives: those get their own basket.

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam
In response to GMFTS

I do this. It's great. I don't have a craft store in my town, so when I know I'm going to a J's, M's, or am ordering online here, I will check my refill drawer and see what needs to be restocked.

CrimsonMama
Mayor
CrimsonMama
In response to Luvmyfam

Great idea. I never know what to do with refill printer ink cartridges and many refills that come in "awkward" boxes. And I like to keep the boxes because it has the model/size numbers on it for the next purchase.

anda11
anda11 
Mayor
anda11
In response to dwelch

what a wonderful idea! I never thought to do that.

RedSquirrel
Diva
RedSquirrel
In response to anda11

I don't have the space to give my refills their own shelf, but the bottom box in my deep drawer contains most of my refills, mainly adhesive. I always look there first, and if I take the last then I write it on the list. I probably ought to clear out the other stuff which I never use (mostly old packaging which might come in handy one day) and put all the refills in there.

Shutterbugg
Idol
Shutterbugg
In response to RedSquirrel

I have a box under my desk that I keep all of my refills in for scrapping stuff. My printer ink and paper are on it's own shelf in another part of the office. Having the refills box definitely helps me to stay organized so I don't run out of things like adhesive or xyron refills!

t-scraps
Expert
t-scraps
In response to Shutterbugg

I have my stuff in baskets on a shelf.

Diva
In response to t-scraps

As long as the system works fe each one of us based on our personalities and/or scrapbooking style..I think all ideas are great!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics