Username Post: Glue stamps?        (Topic#1581709)
Lunareclipse
Veteran
Lunareclipse

I went and bought my very first stamp today from Hobby Lobby. It is cute little snowflakes. I want to use it and make my little snowflakes glittery. Can I put some kind of adhesive on my stamp and then dump glitter on it to make my snowflakes sparkley?

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny
In response to Lunareclipse

Yes, you can use glue on stamps. The felt-tip Zig glue pens are good for that, I've found.

You can also heat emboss, using a pad of embossing ink, embossing powder, and a heat gun, but that has a bit of start-up cost.

Lunareclipse
Veteran
Lunareclipse
In response to aquabunny

Thank you. I will have to go get felt tip zip glue pens. I wish they made an adhesive pad kinda like a stamp pad.

scraprabbit
Queen
scraprabbit

They do! I use this one. I'm not a glitter girl, but it holds flock really well, so I'm assuming it would work great with glitter too.

fknapoleon
Pro
fknapoleon

They do!!!

Lunareclipse
Veteran
Lunareclipse
In response to fknapoleon

Woohoo! I HAVE to go buy that!!! Where do I buy it at?

fknapoleon
Pro
fknapoleon

Here!!
Also, your box craft stores should carry them. I'm pretty sure JoAnn and Michaels does. I know Archiver's does.

Lunareclipse
Veteran
Lunareclipse
In response to fknapoleon

• Kendraj78 Said:
Here!!
Also, your box craft stores should carry them. I'm pretty sure JoAnn and Michaels does. I know Archiver's does.

I obviously won't buy it on here unless I have a large order because buying one or two items doesn't justify paying 5 bucks for shipping, but I can stop by JoAnn's or Hobby Lobby later on this week or next and pick one up.

Lunie
Lunie 
Veteran
Lunie
  • Lunie on 10-14-12 04:29 AM

• Lunareclipse Said:
I went and bought my very first stamp today from Hobby Lobby. It is cute little snowflakes. I want to use it and make my little snowflakes glittery. Can I put some kind of adhesive on my stamp and then dump glitter on it to make my snowflakes sparkley?

Well, congratulations on your first stamp. I love stamps. You can use glitter embossing powder to get sparkly stamps. I'm warning you though... make sure there are no cats and dogs around if you try it.

Lunie

Lunareclipse
Veteran
Lunareclipse
In response to Lunie

• Lunie2nz Said:
  • Lunareclipse Said:

Well, congratulations on your first stamp. I love stamps. You can use glitter embossing powder to get sparkly stamps. I'm warning you though... make sure there are no cats and dogs around if you try it.

Lunie

Oh? Why can't dogs and cats be near?

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny

Presumably because they are likely to spill it or sneeze in it, which is an amazing mess.

Lunareclipse
Veteran
Lunareclipse
In response to aquabunny

• aquabunny Said:
Presumably because they are likely to spill it or sneeze in it, which is an amazing mess.

Ok, then that is something I would want to do in my kitchen then. Thanks for the heads up. And a mess around here isn't really all that amazing. I'm used to it.

Edited by Lunareclipse on 10-14-12 10:40 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

DesiLee
Idol
DesiLee

I personally wouldn't use the Inkadinkado glue ink pad. I have that one and it didn't work very well for me.

Edited by DesiLee on 10-14-12 10:52 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Lunareclipse
Veteran
Lunareclipse
In response to DesiLee

• DesiLee Said:
I personally wouldn't use the Inkadinkado glue ink pad. I have that one and it didn't work very well for me.

Ok. I'll write that down when i go to joann's so i can tell the lady that that's the brand I DON'T want.

CorrieW
Guru
CorrieW

I would recommend the Tsunkinu glue pad, I don't have much luch with the MS one but my friend has the Tsunkinu one and loves it.

wiccan333
Tenant
wiccan333

Just a friendly warning from my own experience. Don't cheap out and buy the Hampton Arts glue pad and refill.

I bought the set from Micheal's. The pad is dry in order to keep the glue moist I suppose. They tell you to put 1/2 of the bottle of glue onto the pad, that is all they tell you. I put the 1/2 bottle on and it sat there.

I tried using an old gift card to push it in like you do with ink pad refills and it just pushed the glue around the top of the pad.

I decided to just let it sit for a few minutes to see if the glue gets absorbed. It comes with an inner cover and a top cover just like the StazOn ink pads. In 5 minutes I came back to the pad and the glue had set up and I couldn't get the inner lid off of it.

I live Charleston, SC and it was hot and hunid outside but the a/c was on so that should not have been an issue.

I contacted the Hampton Arts Co via email to get some help and I received no return email.

So save your money, buy the Tsukineko pad and refill.

Lunareclipse
Veteran
Lunareclipse
In response to wiccan333

Ok, thanks guys. I can get that at Joann's or hobby lobby? We don't have a michael's.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics