Username Post: OK SPELLBINDERS or BIG SHOT??        (Topic#1581835)
Veteran

Hey girls! Doing a LITTLE research on the choice of buying one of these suckers and would LOVE some feedback!!!! I want to pay less as possible but prefer (of course) the better machine.
I was just going to get the big shot but now i am reconsidering.
THANKS LADIES!!!!!
Mindygail

madmatter
Diva
madmatter
In response to mindygail

It depends on what you want to use it for ...

The Grand Calibur can be used for all sizes of Nesties, including the largest Grand Nesties, but can NOT be used for the thicker dies (like the Sizzix or TH dies)

The Big Shot can be used for the thicker dies as well as the thinner dies (like the Nesties) but can NOT be used for the largest of the Grand Nesties

frustrating, isn't it?

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny
In response to madmatter

I strongly recommend the Big Shot, since it can use thicker dies that the Grand Calibur can't.

If you are looking for a generaly die-cutting machine but don't have any specific dies in mind, Big Shot all the way.

If you have looked at dies and are specifically interested in using sets from the Grand Nestabilities line, you'll want the Grand Calibur, but if you're only wanting the smaller, less expensive sets (or aren't enamored of the general design aesthetic of Nestabilities/Shapeabilit ies), then there's no point limiting yourself to only thin dies.

rubymillerand
Guru
rubymillerand
In response to aquabunny

I love my bigkick (comparable to the bigshot). If you're looking to use it for alphabets as well as shapes, the bigshot is your best bet. I think there's only one set for the grand calibur.

CrimsonMama
Diva
CrimsonMama
In response to mindygail

I LOVE my Grand Calibur and wanted the big dies. I was not tied to any of the thick dies either.

binkiemonstermom
Idol
binkiemonstermom
In response to CrimsonMama

I love my big shot. I also have a big shot pro. I do love my pro but it is BIG and expensive. I use my big shot 99.9% of the time! (but the big shot does all dies, big, small, thick or thin!!!)

Veteran
In response to binkiemonstermom

girls the BIG SHOT it is thank you so much!!!

kiyawinn
Guru
kiyawinn
In response to mindygail

I don't think you'll regret it....I love my BigShot and use it ALL the time!

Alison

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics