Username Post: Snap Binders/Products        (Topic#1581837)
Doreena
Governor
Doreena

Have you seen the Simple Stories Snap Line?
I'm trying to figure out what they are exactly.
A cross between a smash book and project life?

Any thoughts?

madmatter
Diva
madmatter
In response to Doreena

that's what they look like to me ... I love the paper line, but as I still have completely unused Smash books, I think I should stay away

Doreena
Governor
Doreena
In response to madmatter

LOL! I just bought a smash book and am currently trying to fill it. But as I look at the snap product, I like the versatility of it, especially being able to move the pages around.
It took me forever to finally buy a Smash book and then this comes out?! Isn't that always the way though?!

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny
In response to Doreena

As ever, there are a few things I like (some of the pockets and journaling cards), which, just as I did with some of the Smash products, I'll just incorporate into my regular untrendy 12x12 scrapping.

godschild94
Governor
godschild94
In response to aquabunny

That is exactly what they are. They are like a mini version of the WeRMemory Keepers pages for smaller books. They have 6x8, 4x6, 3x4 and maybe a few more sized openings to put pictures and memorabilia in. They also work with the Simple Stories collections which make scrapbooking a snap.

I am using one of the binders and the pages to do my December Daily album this year. Love all the colors they come in too!

Expert
In response to godschild94

I consider it a unique way to make an album with a splash of "Smash" involved. I used this system to make a mini-album about our summer (similar to a December Daily, but for the summer). It's a fun system, but it did require some thought (at least for me...) I like how it turned out and I'm trying to decide whether or not to make another one using photos from our multiple trips to an apple orchard this fall.

There's several pages of my album in my gallery, but here's a few samples...

Summer Daily 2012 By HuskerMom98

Summer Daily page 3 By HuskerMom98

Summer Daily page 8 By HuskerMom98

Doreena
Governor
Doreena
In response to HuskerMom98

Thanks so much for sharing! I have a better idea now!

Lunie
Lunie 
Veteran
Lunie
  • Lunie on 10-18-12 05:51 PM
In response to Doreena

That's exactly what I thought when I looked through it... that it was a mix of Smash and Project Life. I'm also currently filling up a smash book and working REALLY hard on Project Life so I can't even consider it... but if I weren't, I'd be really tempted because I love both these concepts, smash and PL. Really cute stuff too.

Lunie

kelseymel
Idol
kelseymel
In response to Lunie

I just saw a December Daily that someone did using these products, it was really cool.

rebeccakeppel
Idol
rebeccakeppel
In response to kelseymel

You can totally use MOST of it for traditional 12 x 12 scrapping and even card making. And the albums and protectors make great mini albums (like the December Daily everyone mentioned). Gift albums etc. Keep your eye on the Simple Stories blog -- lots of ideas on using SN@P will be posted soon!
http://simplestories.typepad.com/simple_stories/

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics