Page 1 of 2 
Username Post: Coffee shop dessert?        (Topic#1581853)
Trina_P
Guru
Trina_P

Our ladies ministry get together is coming up and it is a "Coffee house" theme. They provide the coffee bar and we bring a dessert.

Of course I want the impossible. The perfect finger food dessert (or just not messy eating), something that looks pretty and everyone will love. Oh and if it is somewhat cheap and easy to make, that would be great. I won't push my luck and say it has to be remotely healthy but, hey if someone comes up with all this, you are my hero! Any ideas?

Not asking for much am I? haha.

scraprabbit
Queen
scraprabbit
In response to Trina_P

Can be messy and it's kind of a snack/dessert, but this is always requested when people come to my house. And it has healthy stuff in it.

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/annies-fruit-s alsa-and-cin...

scraprabbit
Queen
scraprabbit
In response to scraprabbit

Or homemade snickers bars (I swear they are better than the actual candy!) - they are not even remotely healthy, but I'll see if I can find the recipe I use.

scraprabbit
Queen
scraprabbit

http://www.howsweeteats.com/2012/01/homemade-snic kers-b...

flintridgescrapper
Idol
flintridgescrapper

Sarah...you're evil, LOL! Those look delicious! Thanks for sharing!

scraprabbit
Queen
scraprabbit
In response to flintridgescrapper

Oh my gosh! I totally forgot! These are the BEST! I haven't made them yet, but here's the recipe. A friend made them and if you like cookie dough, you can't top this.

Cookie dough cupcakes with cookie dough filling and cookie dough icing.
http://www.annies-eats.com/2012/05/08/chocolate- chip-co...

(Yeah, these are incredibly not healthy either. )

wilbur
wilbur 
Expert
wilbur

can you post the cookie dough cupcakes. I can't get it to come up. Thanks.

scraprabbit
Queen
scraprabbit
In response to wilbur

Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Cupcakes
Yield: 24 cupcakes
Ingredients

For the cupcakes:
3 sticks unsalted butter, at room temperature
1½ cups light brown sugar, packed
4 large eggs
2 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. baking soda
¼ tsp. salt
1 cup milk
2 tsp. vanilla extract
1 cup chocolate chips (semisweet or bittersweet)

For the filling:
4 tbsp. unsalted butter, at room temperature
6 tbsp. light brown sugar, packed
1 cup plus 2 tbsp. all-purpose flour
7 oz. sweetened condensed milk
½ tsp. vanilla extract
¼ cup mini semisweet chocolate chips

For the frosting:
2 sticks unsalted butter, at room temperature
½ cup light brown sugar, packed
2 1/3 cups confectioners’ sugar
2/3 cup all-purpose flour
½ tsp. salt
2 tbsp. milk
2 tsp. vanilla extract

For garnish:
Tiny chocolate chip cookies
Mini chocolate chips
Directions

To make the cupcakes, preheat the oven to 350° F. Line two cupcake pans with paper liners (24 total). In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, combine the butter and brown sugar. Beat together on medium-high speed until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Mix in the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition and scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed.

Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl. Stir together to blend. Add the dry ingredients to the mixer bowl on low speed, alternating with the milk, beginning and ending with the dry ingredients, mixing each addition just until incorporated. Blend in the vanilla. Fold in the chocolate chips with a spatula.

Divide the batter evenly between the prepared cupcake liners. Bake for 18-20 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Allow to cool in the pan 5-10 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.

To make the cookie dough filling, combine the butter and sugar in a mixing bowl and cream on medium-high speed until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Beat in the flour, sweetened condensed milk and vanilla until incorporated and smooth. Stir in the chocolate chips. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until the mixture has firmed up a bit, about an hour.

To fill the cupcakes, cut a cone-shaped portion out of the center of each cupcake. Fill each hole with a chunk of the chilled cookie dough mixture.

To make the frosting, beat together the butter and brown sugar in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment until creamy. Mix in the confectioners’ sugar until smooth. Beat in the flour and salt. Mix in the milk and vanilla extract until smooth and well blended.

Frost the filled cupcakes as desired, sprinkling with mini chocolate chips and topping with mini chocolate chip cookies for decoration.

ScrappyMama6
Mayor
ScrappyMama6

Healthy:

Fruit dip:

Flavored cream cheese (strawberry, blueberry, pumpkin, etc...)
Marshmallow fluff

Soften cream cheese, and mix. Serve with Vanilla Wafers, animal crackers, ginger snaps,apples, grapes etc.....

Not Healthy:

S'mores Brownies

Lay graham crackers in the bottom of a 9x13 pan, prepare a standard brownie mix as per box, pour OVER graham crackers, bake as per box.

5 minutes before the end, remove from oven, cover with mini marshmallows and chocolate chips, put back in to melt and brown the top. Enjoy!

Trina_P
Guru
Trina_P
In response to ScrappyMama6

Looks like someone else Pinterests as much as I do. lol

ScrappyMama6
Mayor
ScrappyMama6
In response to Trina_P

Not me, I don't pin. These are just tried and true go-to favorites around here.

In fact I made the brownies tonight and they're half gone already!!!!!

Mercy4Free
Diva
Mercy4Free
In response to ScrappyMama6

Linzer Tart cookies that are made from two heart shape cookie cutters...the ladies at my church love it when I make this! Then use some of the little heart cutouts to make small cookie sandwhiches

scraprabbit
Queen
scraprabbit
In response to Mercy4Free

I'm not on pinterest - but my friends that find these recipes are. I just always end up getting their recipes.

Trina_P
Guru
Trina_P

This looks like the leading contender. It touts as being "One of the most popular recipes" on Pinterest. Wish I could get the picture and recipe to post on here but I couldn't get it to work.

Crunchers
80 club crackers
1 cup butter
2 cups graham cracker crumbs
1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
1/2 cup milk
1/3 cup sugar
2/3 cup creamy peanut butter
1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate morsels
1/2 cup butterscotch morsels
Line an ungreased 9X13-inch baking pan with foil, leaving an extension of foil on either end. Line the foil with 1 layer of club crackers, cutting to fit if necessary
In a large saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Add graham cracker crumbs, brown sugar, milk and sugar. Bring to a boil and boil for 5 minutes, stirring constantly. (Begin timing 5 minutes from when you see the first bubbles.) Remove from heat and spread half of butter mixture evenly over crackers. Place another single layer of crackers evenly over butter mixture, cutting to fit if necessary. Spread remaining butter mixture evenly over crackers. Top evenly with remaining crackers.
In a small saucepan, combine peanut butter, chocolate morsels, and butterscotch morsels. Melt over medium-low heat, stirring constantly. Spread evenly over top of crackers. Cover, and chill for at least 1 hour. Lift foil overhang and remove bars from pan. Cut into bars. Store in the refrigerator.

scraprabbit
Queen
scraprabbit
In response to Trina_P

That sounds really good!

Trina_P
Guru
Trina_P

I made the "crunchers" recipe above. Maybe it is just me not being a total chocoholic but it was just toooooo much chocolate for me. I guess I will see how they go over tonight.

Diva
In response to Trina_P

OMG! Glad I found this one! SO many goodies for the recipes! I have to try some of them!

bears99
Diva
bears99
In response to bayamonesa1

I just read the recipe for the homemade Snickers bars and I am going to add the ingredients that I don't have to my grocery list....I definitely have to make these for some of the holiday plates I make!! That way there won't be too many of them left here at home! lol They look WONDERFUL!!

scraprabbit
Queen
scraprabbit
In response to Trina_P

• Trina_P Said:
I made the "crunchers" recipe above. Maybe it is just me not being a total chocoholic but it was just toooooo much chocolate for me. I guess I will see how they go over tonight.

Curious...how did they go over with your friends?

Trina_P
Guru
Trina_P

About half were gone.

I have already started thinking on tweaking the recipe. Two layers of the sugary stuff was a bit much for me. It overpowered the rest of the tastes in the bars.

In place of one of the layers, I am going to put a layer of marshmallow cream. I think it will compliment the other taste.

Also I used crunch peanut butter rather than creamy. The nuts added a bit of crunch.

Page 1 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics