Username Post: Newbie Looking to Scrapbook Concert Tickets        (Topic#1581859)
stujersey
New Kid On the Block
stujersey

I have no idea how to get started and was quickly overwhelmed by the choices and styles on the scrapbook.com website. I don't have the patience to take the course. I want to scrapbook my concert tickets and on each page, accompanying the ticket, have some pictures, maybe a guitar pick, or other "stuff" accentuating the ticket and artists. I have a couple of hundred tickets (so far). What binder should I use, page protectors, paper or card stock, etc. All reommendations are appreciated.

binkiemonstermom
Idol
binkiemonstermom
In response to stujersey

I love 3 ring albums. We r memory keepers has some great books! They have matching page protectors too!
As far as paper, I use Stampin' Up paper. I like the coordinating colors, matching ribbon, buttons, and eyelets. Makes putting together an album very easy!!!!
I would start with one page at a time. Tickets can be added lot of ways. You can make pockets, you can just tuck them behind pictures!!! Have fun with it!!!!!

Trina_P
Guru
Trina_P
In response to stujersey

First you need to decide on a scrapbook. If you have a local Hobby Lobby or Michaels, they will have a good selection. I personally use 12x12 books for most things. The books will have clear plastic sleeve page protectors you will slide your layout holding all your items once you get them organized on a page.

For the page itself this is how I do pages such as you are doing. Look at the main colors in your pictures or tickets. Pick some cardstock with like colors. Then lastly I would pick another color of cardstock to make a "frame" or mat for each of your tickets and small memorabilia. The cardstock will also be at Hobby Lobby or Michaels in packs of grouped colors or you can buy it by the sheet.

Don't get yourself all worked up about what you "gotta do because you see it". I would suggest you start by looking at the gallery here. It has tons of pictures of people's layouts they have done. Once you start leaning in a particular direction of the layouts/styles you like, you can search the gallery for just those types of layouts. You will also see that you can search for just about anything related to specific layouts (colors, themes, styles, etc). Since you said u are wanting to work on a concert layout, I would start by typing in "concert" in the search function of the layout.

This message board also has a search function. If you see something you like or would like to use and either don't know how or where to get it, search the general scapbooking forum. It is a great place to start.

Hope this helps and have fun!

binkiemonstermom
Idol
binkiemonstermom
In response to Trina_P

Oh and Sketches.....Sketches are an awesome tool to get you started!!!! I have a board of sketches on pinterest!!!!

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to binkiemonstermom

For scrapping concerts the list of what you can use is endless.

I often print out the titles of some of my favorite songs and use them on the page. Sometimes I print out the words to my favorite song for the band or singer.

I just did a Herman's Hermits concert page (2-page layout) and punched pictures of Herman (Peter Noone) with the next to the largest Nestie star and then cut stars in a variety of colors with the largest nestie star. I used the largest stars for mats for the the star-shaped pictures. I also included a couple 4 x 6 photos and 1 that was 5 x 7.

Then I filled the page full of other size stars in different colors I made with my nestie stars.

I usually mat tickets and I use them all the time.

For the Gary Sinese concert I had pictures and I put a picture of the banner advertising the concert and pulled pictures of him from Forest Gump and include those on the layout.

When I'm using ticket stubs I usually use a collage-style layout and angle the ticket or tickets.

rebeccakeppel
Idol
rebeccakeppel
In response to stujersey

you can totally use any traditional album and make it work for your project in any size you want, but if you are looking for something specific to concerts and/or tickets check out these albums:

Edited by rebeccakeppel on 10-22-12 01:07 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics