Page 1 of 2 
Username Post: Making Memories Instant Setter        (Topic#1581949)
lovinthisscrapbookinthing

I have just began my scrapbook adventure, Novemeber will make 2 months. I know its loads of stuff I dont know...for instance using some of the tools - I pull my darn hair trying to figure some of the ******** out.

My questions is how do you feel about the "Making Memories Instant Setter" or tools that do the very same thing. I mean whats the purpose? What does it do? Why would I want to use it? HELP ME FIGURE OUT HOW TO USE IT LOL!

A friend gave me one very similar to the link...I spent all weekend TRYING to figure out how to use it AND GUESS WHAT?!! I STILL DONT KNOW HOW TO!
Products Referenced in This Post:

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny
In response to lovinthisscrapbookinthing

• lovinthisscrapbookinthing Said:

My questions is how do you feel about the "Making Memories Instant Setter" or tools that do the very same thing. I mean whats the purpose? What does it do? Why would I want to use it?

It's for setting eyelets, as described several times on the product page you linked to, which also describes how to use it. Other similar tools use a hammer on the setter instead of doing it with a spring-loaded tool.

Also, it looks like there's a video on the product page, but I can't verify whether it actually shows how to use it, as I'm posting from work on my lunch break and I'm unable to view videos from work.

Yes! Its described several times on the site but that still doesn't tell me what "setting eyelets" means. Like I said Im new to this so tools, terms and etc..... I have no clue at times. So you have just described exactly whats already been said on the page. I need for SOMEONE to explain it to me.

Thx for your response.

GIGIGI30
Expert
GIGIGI30

Have you look into YouTube? There is plenty of video tutorials out there. I've found a few for you and hope that helps!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3eG4MnzSs4Y

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UBXkm_jxO4o

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BXIRq8v7XSA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZX0Pyc4Dnbk

In response to GIGIGI30

You know I didnt look there ...lol thats the 1st place I should have went. Thanks for ur help...looking now

JoJorenee
Queen
JoJorenee

I had that years ago preferably I choose the crop a dile because the setter makes a lot of noisy,well on a glass table like I had at the time

We R Memory Keepers - Crop-A-Dile and Case - Lime Green - Includes Crop-A-Dile, Case and 240 Eyelets
$37.99
We R Memory Keepers - Crop-A-Dile II Big Bite
$44.99

In response to JoJorenee

I sent you a Pm JoJorenee

binkiemonstermom
Idol
binkiemonstermom

I like the crop-a-dile too! I don't use eyelets often because I don't use eyelets much. I do use it to punch holes in my papers, and set the occasional eyelet that I use. When I first started scrapbooking, I went to a retreat, I pulled out my hammer and and went to banging to set an eyelet.....oh the looks I got!!!! When I got home, I bought a crop-a-dile!!!!

Diva
In response to binkiemonstermom

USe you tube to look at some videos. They are good and will show you the tools and how to use them.

I went to a retreat, I pulled out my hammer and and went to banging to set an eyelet.....oh the looks I got!!!! When I got home, I bought a crop-a-dile!!!

LOL THATS FUNNY!!!!

I checked out the you-tube video, IT WAS VERY HELPFUL!!! The last link that GIGIGI30 provided is the exact type I have and now I not only know how to use but what it is used for....but I don't think I will be using it much, I can do with out the eyelets

GIGIGI30
Expert
GIGIGI30

• lovinthisscrapbookinthing Said:
I checked out the you-tube video, IT WAS VERY HELPFUL!!! The last link that GIGIGI30 provided is the exact type I have and now I not only know how to use but what it is used for....but I don't think I will be using it much, I can do with out the eyelets

Well, that's why we are here for...Glad that I could help!!

In response to GIGIGI30

binkiemonstermom
Idol
binkiemonstermom

I am not a huge eyelet person either. But I still use my crop-a-dial to put holes in my paper, I have the one that has the far reach, can't remember the name of that one...but it is helpful. It punches anything!!! And if I need to set an eyelet, I can!!! (Michaels or AC Moores with a coupon is a good buy!!!!)

ChansGram
Queen
ChansGram

I think the bigger one is called the Big Bite. Something like that!
To the OP, I am glad you found your answer, there are very helpful people on this site. Remember also, there are videos on this site that may help if you're needing it.

Ok thanks, will check it out because I just use a lil hole puncher but sometimes the hole can be too big.

In response to ChansGram

how do I get to them? Im still learning the site...i can only access it while im at work so alot of times I'm limited.

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny

The videos are here: http://www.scrapbook.com/videos/

There are some tabs near the top of that page that let you view videos in specific categories (like product demos, project instructions, technique tutorials). You can also search for more specific things using the search box on that page.

Since you mentioned being at work, I'll just add that my workplace's internet filter blocks most videos, including the ones on this site. Best of luck that yours doesn't have that restriction.

In response to aquabunny

ok thanks, I will give it a try (fingers crossed)

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda

• binkiemonstermom Said:
I like the crop-a-dile too! I don't use eyelets often because I don't use eyelets much. I do use it to punch holes in my papers, and set the occasional eyelet that I use. When I first started scrapbooking, I went to a retreat, I pulled out my hammer and and went to banging to set an eyelet.....oh the looks I got!!!! When I got home, I bought a crop-a-dile!!!!

SERIOUSLY?!

I LOVE my hammer and MM anywhere hole punch and setters. It works THE best! Perfectly set eyelets every time.

It was inexpensive. It's compact; fits in my bag nicely. No GIANT setter thingie like the crop-a-dile.

Many opinions about the crop-a-dile is that it's difficult to set eyelets with, but everyone seems to agree it's an awesome hole punch. For me, that's a mighty BIG and EXPENSIVE hole punch!!

Page 1 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics