Page 1 of 24 
Username Post: ALL NEW November Anything Goes Challenge! Sign Ups Start NOW!        (Topic#1581991)
Quay
Quay 
Governor
Quay
  • Quay on 10-23-12 06:01 PM

"ALL NEW ANYTHING GOES CHALLENGE"

NOVEMBER is here! Time for sign ups!

Hello all you interested ladies...let me introduce myself! My name is Quay and I am the new hostess of the "ALL NEW ANYTHING GOES CHALLENGE" I am 56, I have been married for 37 years to the same man. We have 5 grown children, 4 boys (ack) and one port in the storm, our daughter! lol We have 5 grandchildren and no pets.... Sounds like we are finally alone!! RIGHT!! hehe So I found this challenge in 2006 and fell in love with it!!! It keeps me motivated to scrap more. (I am very competitive) (evil glare here) lol Anyway, we have done some talking and revamping and we think we have a GREAT start to a new and improved "ANYTHING GOES CHALLENGE" (AGC) SO we are asking everyone to come check us out, ask questions read the lists we already have posted. Send me a PM and I'll be more than happy to help you! Just give us a chance to show how much fun this challenge can really be!!! We can't wait to meet you.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ok... I know some people have been intimated by this challenge but shut the front door----this challenge has been revised and updated!! KEEP READING.....

Not only will you meet new people here you'll get your motivation amp'd up you'll become a creative rock star to all your scrap cronies!! Seriously!!!

Your creativity will grow beyond your wildest dreams... ya and you will leap out of your comfort zone like their is no tomorrow!! Playing with us on the monthly challenge will not only be fun, it will be a place where you can talk about your woes and your toes...make close bonds with ladies who have the same and not so same ideals! And we all need more friends right? Say yes!!

Now before you run off, take some time and read thru' this post and ask me some questions, if you have any questions...or your overwhelmed beyond belief, ask me to help you catch your breath! We have made some BIG changes and we think it is a lot easier to follow than before!

SO pull up your BIG GIRL PANTIES and jump in with us die hard players and join the ranks of the obsessed!!

We will have daily challenges, weekly challenges, weekly photo challenges and a monthly challenge. All to keep you motivated and working hard to actually get those pics onto paper and into an album! We are willing to hold your hands thru the rough bumps. So ask...PLEASE!!!!!!

SIGN-UPS will be open until November 7th

If you are playing for points/prizes please send me $8.00 via USPS no later than November 7th. If you don't want to pay, you can always play motivational (but you won't be eligible for the prizes).

Alternately you can pay via PayPal by sending money to

If you select this method, you will have to pay $8.55 to cover PayPal fees but that’s not that bad considering a stamp would cost you $0.45

PRIZES: Gift certificates to sb.com!

**Prize Categories**

(prize amounts will be based upon the number of players)

1. Most Points Overall: no matter what your goal was if you meet your goal and if you have the most points at the end of the month, then you are the winner in this category.

2. Most Points 10 or Fewer Layouts: If you set your goal at 10 or fewer layouts and you meet your goal BUT do not exceed 10 layouts for the month then you are eligible for this category. If you complete more than 10 LOs then that moves you to other prize categories.

3. Random Drawing of Everyone Who Meets Their Monthly Layout Goal: Meet your monthly layout goal and there will be a drawing done on random.org of everyone who met their goal but did not win in another category.

***** You will only be eligible for prizes having met your monthly layout goal. Each paying player may only win in ONE category.*****

Layouts are counted towards your goal in the following manner:
*8x8 or above including 6x12, 8.5x11, 12x12=1 layout (2 pagers count as 2 layouts)
*3 4x6 or 5x5=1 layout
*4 mini layouts (3x3, 4x4 etc.)= 1 layout
*Altered items and other projects can be counted as "layouts" based on your points you have counted.

**Cards do not count toward your layout goal, but you can count points for them.**

**If all you do is Cards you can count them as your layout goal, you can also count points for them.** THIS RULE only counts if you do just cards for the month...and no LO's**

WHEN YOU SIGN UP, PLEASE POST YOUR LAYOUT GOAL FOR THE MONTH! YOU MAY CHANGE YOUR GOAL ANYTIME BEFORE SIGN-UPS CLOSE on the 7th of the month!

~~~Only pages that are NEWLY completed and uploaded on or after November 1st count towards your total points and layouts.

~~~This challenge ends on November 30, 2012 at 11:59 PM PST. All LOs, cards, pics, or other projects to be counted for points or towards your LO goal must be uploaded to your gallery AND linked to this thread with your point details.

~~~All weekly challenge pics, LOs/projects, etc. AND POINT DETAILS must be posted to the thread by the deadline for weekly challenges which is Sunday 11:59 PM PST. (That is the Sunday of the week the challenges were posted for. Full weeks run from MONDAY (Day 1) to SUNDAY (Day 7).

~~~Most daily challenges do NOT have to be complete the day the challenge is posted, unless the challenge says it is for that day only. However, you get +10 bonus points for completing a daily challenge the day it was posted.

~~~To take the bonus +10 pts for completing a daily challenge the day it was posted you must have the daily complete, uploaded to your gallery, and posted to the thread WITH POINTS DETAILS by 11:59 PM PST that day.

~~~When you post your cards, LOs, or altered projects please post ALL points, details including any daily, weekly, or monthly challenges you are counting them for on this thread. Please try not to post projects then come back later to post the points details. If you do not post points details by a deadline for special points, you cannot take special points even if the project was completed in time. Special points are points such as points for a weekly challenge or the points for completing a daily challenge the same day it is posted, bonus points offered for another reason.

Note on embedding:

ALLOWING PUBLIC EMBEDDING:
1. Go to the layout in your gallery.
2. Click on 'Edit Image' tab under the layout.
3. Scroll down to the bottom left side.
4. Check the box that says, ‘Allow Public Embedding’.

LINKING LAYOUTS TO THE THREAD:
1. Go to the layout in your gallery.
2. Click on 'Link/Embed Image' link in the 'Share & Link' box to the left of the layout.
3. Click on 'IMG code' button.
4. Copy and paste the code which starts [url...] into the forum thread.

Challenge Volunteers!

These are the new rules for people who want to volunteer to do a week of challenges.

1. The daily challenges can be worth 150 pts up to 200 pts with one exception per week up to 300 pts. So 6 days of 150 up to 200 points or less and one challenge up to 300 points.

2. The daily challenges should generally be something that can be incorporated into ANY LO.

3. You SHOULD post the challenge by 10 AM EST (which is 7AM PST) OR post the challenge the night before, preferably after 9PM your time.

*~* I will update the front page everyday by 10:00 am*~*
So please have your daily challenged posted so I can find it and update the front.

****Weeks will run from Monday to Sunday!****
NOVEMBER 2012

1-4
5-11
12-18
19-25
26-30

PLAYERS

PAID=
Quay~ 6/10
Julie~ 11/10
Donna~ 10/10
Elaine~2/15
Norma~ 8/8

MOTIVATIONAL
KimKV~ (Kim) 10/12
MommaSaid~ (Anne)0/2
Lolwlias~ 0/10
Teresakay~ (Teresa)3/15
Pat~ 0/5
Traceyjean~ (Tracey)0/25
Jade~ 0/4
Rhonda~ 17/10
Laurak1~ (Laura)5/5
Megan Ann~ (Megan) 2/
Justlyn~ (Lyn) 0/5
Mrs. Coder~ (April)1/5

ncyankee
Queen
ncyankee
In response to Quay

Quay -- I will probably try and jump in. Let me get thru the next few days! LOL

KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 10-24-12 06:07 AM
In response to ncyankee

Hi Quay!

Do you remember me? I haven't been around for at least 2 years, probably closer to 3. I think I would like to join in here, but for now just to get myself more motivated.

DaNel Hicks
Diva
DaNel Hicks
In response to KimKV

I am in and signing up for 20 layouts.

traceyjean
Guru
traceyjean
In response to DaNel Hicks

Since I'm not a scrapper, all my "layouts" are cards. How does that work???

Quay
Quay 
Governor
Quay
  • Quay on 10-24-12 12:45 PM
In response to ncyankee

• ncyankee Said:
Quay -- I will probably try and jump in. Let me get thru the next few days! LOL

Eileen my friend... I am excited to see you come check us out. And take the time you need, I totally understand!!

Quay
Quay 
Governor
Quay
  • Quay on 10-24-12 12:48 PM
In response to KimKV

• KimKV Said:
Hi Quay!

Do you remember me? I haven't been around for at least 2 years, probably closer to 3. I think I would like to join in here, but for now just to get myself more motivated.

Yes!! I do remember you Kim!!! And I am so glad you have decided to join our goofy group! (mostly nice people) hehe

And I will put you down for motivational this month. And don't hesitate to ask if you have any questions... you know, stuff like where is the restroom here!! bwhahaha

I will need your goal amount you "hope" to achieve for the month. Any amount works, what ever seems easiest for you!!!

Quay
Quay 
Governor
Quay
  • Quay on 10-24-12 12:51 PM
In response to DaNel Hicks

• DaNel Hicks Said:
I am in and signing up for 20 layouts.

HI DaNel, glad your here....I will put you down for 20 and will you be paying or not?

I am way excited to be here and keep everyone in line!! ohhhh sorry, I thought I was talking to my family!! HAHAHA

Quay
Quay 
Governor
Quay
  • Quay on 10-24-12 12:58 PM
In response to traceyjean

• traceyjean Said:
Since I'm not a scrapper, all my "layouts" are cards. How does that work???

**If all you do is Cards you can count them as your layout goal, you can also count points for them.** THIS RULE only counts if you do just cards for the month...and no LO's** Other wise, if you do both (LO's & Cards) you can only take points for your cards!**

Does that make sense? If not just let me know k?

Quay
Quay 
Governor
Quay
  • Quay on 10-24-12 01:13 PM
In response to Quay

Ok I just noticed that I forgot to leave sections for points and dailies and so on and so on...SORRRRY...So here goes the rest of the lists!!

Quay
Quay 
Governor
Quay
  • Quay on 10-24-12 01:47 PM
In response to Quay

~*~DAILY CHALLENGES~*~

BONUS POINTS: YOU MAY TAKE +10 pts for completing the daily challenge by 11:59 pm (PST) on the same day/date that it was posted for, to take the +10 bonus points.)

1. Use only orange on your LO. 150 pts
2. Make a Holiday craft. 250pts
3. Scrap those embarrassing photo's. 175pts
4. Photo's galore ie: fill your page with 60% photo's. 150pts
5. Journal on most of your LO. 200pts
6. Scrap about a thing! 150pts
7. Use a punch/punches to create a background. 300pts
8. Incorporate confetti into your design. 150pts
9. Go LARGE make everything on your LO about being LARGE. 200pts
10. It's snowing here in Utah (again) so do a page about snow and have at least one snowflake on your LO. 300 pts. And an extra 75 pts for waiting like good little girls becuz' I was late posting this!
11. Create a LO using scallops on it. 150pts
12. Use only an ink pen for journaling, designs, embellies etc..no markers. 300pts
13. Scrap your to do list w/pictures. 150pts
14. If you have a bucket list, scrap it, using pictures to add flair. 175pts
15. Who inspires you to change? Scrap that person and Journal at least 50 words about them. 200pts
16. Scrap the best prize or award you've received to date. 175pts
17. Who are your role models? Scrap you favorite role model. 175pts
18. Make a decorated scrap page with 80% journaling and 20% picture. 300pts
19. Do a LO with the title "Once Upon a Time" 200pts
20. Create a layout using the title “The People I Love…”. 150pts
21. Create a layout using flowers. 150ts
22. Make an Autumn LO that includes leaves and acorns. 150pts
23. Make a LO using purple and white only. 150pts
24. Scrap them Halloween pictures. 175pts
25. Create a layout using 3 photographs, 2 patterned papers, 3 plain cardstocks, flowers and stars. 300pts
26. Make a layout about a Grandparent. Use a technique that hides your journaling. 150pts
27. Create any project using a Masculine theme. 175pts
28. Scrap a page using 20 buttons or more. 150pts
29. Scrap About your Thanksgiving traditions, use at least 3 pictures. 200pts
30. Tell the story from Santas perspective ie: talk about your picture as if Santa wrote about it. 300pts

Quay
Quay 
Governor
Quay
  • Quay on 10-24-12 01:48 PM
In response to Quay

~*~Weekly Challenge and Photo Challenge~*~

These challenges MUST be posted WITH POINTS DETAILS by 11:59 PM PST Sunday to take points for the weekly challenges.

RULE: If you take a pic of your computer screen because you do not have the item asked for in the weekly photo challenge you will only get half points for the picture of your computer screen. So if the challenge was originally worth 100 pts, you would get 50 pts; worth 50 pts, you would get 25 pts; etc.

WEEK 1: NOVEMBER 1-4, 2012
Scrapping Challenge: Create a two pager, boy page using girl product, and make a two pager, girl page using boy product. 150 pts

Photo Challenge:
Something boys play with 75 pts
Something girls play with 75 pts
Something YOU play with 75 pts

WEEK 2: NOVEMBER 5-11, 2012
Scrapping Challenge: Use photos in a creative way, example; placing mini photos inside an actual film strip; cutting pictures to create a flower shape; or making an accordion pull out. You can try these or come up with your own creative ideas 150 pts

Photo Challenge:
A Camera 75 pts
Your photo storage 75 pts
Using a mirror to take your own picture 75 pts

WEEK 3: NOVEMBER 12-18, 2012
Scrapping Challenge: Make Something New – Use Your Supplies, example; If your like me I always think I have to save something for a better layout, card or project. Then I end up with things from years ago and far to much STUFF. So use it up! 150 pts

Photo Challenge:

New scrap product 75 pts
Old scrap product 75 pts
Your favorite scrap tool 75 pts

WEEK 4: NOVEMBER 19-25, 2012
Scrapping Challenge: Counterfeit Challenge; choose a kit from a popular kit club (for inspiration) and challenge yourself to create a "counterfeit kit", using just the supplies you already own. 300 pts

Photo Challenge:
Fake nails 75 pts
Something you'd like to copy 75 pts
Faux jewelery 75 pts

WEEK 5: NOVEMBER 26-30, 2012
Scrapping Challenge: Thanksgiving Day Challenge; Who fell asleep first after dinner? Scrap a 2 pager of your Thanksgiving day festivities. And don't forget to find a special place on those pages to put ol' sleepy head! 150 pts

Photo Challenge:
A group picture of your family/friends 75 pts
A turkey (cooked or alive) 75 pts
A picture of your dinner table 75 pts

Quay
Quay 
Governor
Quay
  • Quay on 10-24-12 01:49 PM
In response to Quay

~*~NOVEMBER 2012 MONTHLY CHALLENGE~*~
"Scrapbook your Personal Heritage" Ya you heard me...we all came from somewhere, no matter how far back you go in time, a little or a lot, we have a heritage. Let's just get started on a heritage album. So to make this challenge a bit less overwhelming here are some ideas you can add in your "Heritage Album" This project is worth an "EASY" 5000 points! Yep!! A huge amount becuz' of the huge amount of work going into it!

RULES:
1. can be at least a 6x6 or larger size album
2. can be any shape you want ie; circle, heart shape, square, rectangle etc...
3. must start with you and go backwards ie: mom and dad, siblings etc...
4. must be a minimum of 10 pages
5. must have some type of journaling on every page, and a title, and dates (if you have dates)
6. must have a front cover and a back cover
7. you must have fun doing this!!! (hehe)

Ideas to help get ya started!!
1. List ten interests or traits inheritied from your family
2. Complete a quiz about your school years
3. Find and narrate a photo that is very nostalgic to you
4. Pay tribute to a loved one who has passed away
5. Scrapbook current photos that have heritage potential
6. Share a family tradition you have observed since childhood
7. Make a page about a childhood idol or hero
8. Scrapbook a value or pastime that binds generations together
9. Skip the color design in black and white
10. Scrap an ideal you want to pass on to your children
11. Gather eight or more photos that span several years or decades
12. Scrapbook about a place that matters to your heritage
13. Chose the shape of your album that holds special significance
14. Antique album idea http://www.scrapbook.com/videos/?m=view&v= 3349&...

ANY QUESTIONS? If so just ask K? cool!!!

Quay
Quay 
Governor
Quay
  • Quay on 10-24-12 01:51 PM
In response to Quay

~*~POINTS LIST~*~

BONUS POINTS!!!!
Take +300 bonus points if you pay by NOVEMBER 1st,
Take +200 points if you pay by NOVEMBER 5th,
Take +100 pts if you pay by NOVEMBER 7th, the deadline!

5 POINT ITEMS
- PER letters/numbers/embellies (stamped, sticker, chipboard, rub-on, die cut, etc.)
- PER photo corner, button, staple, brad, paper clip, jewel, pearl, or metal item.
- PER hand stitch
- PER flower (the whole flower, not counting each layer)
- Update your siggy

20 POINTS PER EACH ITEM USED ON A PROJECT
(example: if you use three different pattern papers take 60 points)
- PER cardstock/pattern paper used
- PER type/kind of ribbon, trim, twine, fiber or embroidery floss/thread used
- PER color of glitter mist, stickles, paint, or ink used
- PER hand-cut embellie (that you cut out w/ scissors)
- PER die-cut shape YOU cut out with a die-cutting machine (manual or electric)
- PER embossed image/word (wet embossing) OR embossed texture/pattern (dry embossing)
- PER card or swap item made
- PER 8x8 or larger (6x12, 8.5x11, 12x12) layout (MUST have a link in this forum)
- for using chipboard/grungeboard/car dboard (not cardstock)
- for having a journaling block OR journaling strips
- for doodling on your page
- for using memorabilia besides pictures
- for having hidden pics or journaling—to take these points, you must include a close up of the hidden items in your gallery and link to this thread (journaling that is just written on the back of the LO does not count as hidden)
- for creating a LO for another challenge on sb.com or on another blog/website (MUST tell what challenge it is for AND if it is not an sb.com challenge you MUST post the website link to the challenge!)

25 POINT ITEMS:
- for using your OWN design that is NOT based on someone else’s design or sketch
- PER layout (not card or altered project) with at least 60% negative space

NOVEMBER TECHNIQUES
50 POINTS
- for using one or more of the following themes: Thanksgiving/Food/Family/ Traditions
- for making your LO a shape that is not a square or a rectangle (ex. heart or circle) OR a LO that has a border that is not a straight edge (ex. scalloped border or rick rack border or border and corner punches ie: Martha Stewart punches)
- letters done with a photo http://www.addfunny.com/pictures/funny/665265 .html

50 POINTS (yes, you read that correctly!):
- PER home decor item created

PICTURE POINTS ON YOUR LAYOUTS/PROJECTS/CARDS
10 POINTS:
- PER picture (4 pics = 20 pts.)
- PER person or animal in each pic
- PER picture that is NOT a square or rectangle

20 POINTS:
- PER picture that YOU are in
- PER picture with NO people or animals in it
- PER photo larger than 4x6 OR 3x3 (2x3, 2x2, etc.) or smaller
- page w/ 3+ pics
- for having the title, an embellishment, or journaling on or overlapping the picture

JOURNALING POINTS
- 2 point PER word of journaling (not pre-printed embellies) up to 400 points
- 25 points for every 50 words over 400
- 20 points for using handwritten journaling on your page (or 30 pts for 50+ words or 50 points for 100+ words)

ADDITIONAL POINTS
2 POINTS:

- PER comment you post in a gallery/blog/my place
- PER new photo taken by you, posted to your sb.com gallery, and linked to this thread

100 POINTS:
- for doing a THOROUGH cleaning of your scrap area when it is messy before the end of the month! YOU MUST POST A BEFORE AND AFTER pic to take the points!

Examples of points added up- (you can do this several different ways)
put in your scores then type the whole sentence for that particular score, or abbrivate the sentence or do what some of the players do, they put the points list on a spread sheet. Their are a few ladies that do this and I know they would be more than happy to help!

300 paid on the 1st
25 letters
10 buttons
5 flower
80 cs/pp

+300 bonus points if you pay by NOVEMBER 1st,
+25 PER letters/numbers/embellies (stamped, sticker, chipboard, rub-on, die cut, etc.)
+10 PER photo corner, button, staple, brad, paper clip, jewel, pearl, or metal item.
+ 5 PER flower (the whole flower, not counting each layer)
+80 PER cardstock/pattern paper used

KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 10-24-12 01:53 PM
In response to Quay

LOL Quay! Funny you should mention bathroom, that's the first thing I locate when I go somewhere new!! Sad huh? Speaking of... Where IS the bathroom?

How many layouts...I'm going to start out being realistic for my first month back on the tape gun and say 12.

Quay
Quay 
Governor
Quay
  • Quay on 10-24-12 02:07 PM
In response to KimKV

Got ya Kim...12 LO's it is...and the bathroom around here is anywhere but the floor! eeew I know...I am a sick person (shakes head sadly) hehe

KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 10-24-12 03:44 PM
In response to Quay

Quay
Quay 
Governor
Quay
  • Quay on 10-24-12 04:48 PM
In response to KimKV

ohhhh you are a sick puppy!!!

Quay
Quay 
Governor
Quay
  • Quay on 10-24-12 06:22 PM
In response to Quay

Ok Ladies!!! I am off for the night, and will be back tomorrow!!! Ciao!

jadebrit
Governor
jadebrit
In response to KimKV

• KimKV Said:
Hi Quay!

Hi Kim! do you remember me? It has been a while. How have you been?

Page 1 of 24 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics