Page 4 of 24 
Username Post: ALL NEW November Anything Goes Challenge! Sign Ups Start NOW!        (Topic#1581991)
jadebrit
Governor
jadebrit
In response to senora_x

Today was not a good day. Some days you can deal with the BS and some days you can't.

Quay
Quay 
Governor
Quay
  • Quay on 10-29-12 01:21 AM
In response to senora_x

• senora_x Said:
I'm here and I'm in! Put me down for 10 layouts please!

Love the Jake story. Well this summer we decided to adopt another dog and found a free mix on a Facebook garage sale site. We immediately fell in love. We got her shots and had it scheduled to get her fixed but we were heartbroken when she disappeared for 3 weeks. We put fliers up all around town, drove around (we live in the middle of nowhere) and even offered a $150 reward. Well, hubby heard a car and went outside to check and there was our dog and obviously very pregnant! So we had 6 puppies 2 weeks ago. They kept me up last night so I didn't get much sleep either but they are so cute!

Motivational or paid??

Quay
Quay 
Governor
Quay
  • Quay on 10-29-12 01:23 AM
In response to jadebrit

• jadebrit Said:
Today was not a good day. Some days you can deal with the BS and some days you can't.

I know the feeling!

Quay
Quay 
Governor
Quay
  • Quay on 10-29-12 01:33 AM
In response to Quay

Ok...so I am home now, and I had a marvy good time!! We scrapped right up to 7:00 pm. Then I had to leave. WE both hate that part...leaving.

BUT we get to do it again 2 weeks from now! YEA!

Now I have to clean my house and get things ready for a friend of mine. She is flying in from Colorado. We are going to scrap...becuz' she doesn't know how!!! Did I say, OMG!!! I get to teach someone how to scrap!!! I am so excited!

She will be staying with us for a few month's. Why? Well her psycho DH is one of those severe controlling AH and she has finally seen the light. He has degraded blamed her, beat her and left her homeless. I'd like to show him a thing or two. Like the business end of a my gun!! grrrrrrrr

Whew! Their I said it, and I feel much better now! Alright ladies, it's 3:30am here in Utah and I best be getting some sleep, since I have to take DH to his brain doctor tomorrow! hehe

Alrighty be back later today!

KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 10-29-12 04:44 AM
In response to senora_x

• senora_x Said:
we had thought someone took her and we are pretty sure they decided to return her when they found out she was having pups! My husband is so cute. he has been like a proud dad! he actually said the other night he never knew he could love puppies so much. He has told our daughter she could keep 2 and then the other night he said if we find out they are going to be a small breed of dog that we could keep 3! He's going to have a hard time parting with any of them. They are just too sweet! good thing we live on 70 acres so they have plenty of room to play!

Your hubby is so funny!! You are going to end with all of them!!

KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 10-29-12 04:53 AM
In response to KimKV

Quay, I am so happy to hear your friend finally go away. It's hard for them to do that, those AH can really get into their heads.

My morning was going pretty good until I got a call from the Doc's office cancelling appointment my son had. My son went into the Marines, he had a knee issue, got a general discharge, could go back. Now wants to go Air Force, needs doc to look at knee and give opinion. When I told the lady of the importance and why. She told me she could not guarantee that the doc would give a waiver. OMG!! I said to her WOW, I know that, do you think I'm an idiot? And a few other things. she tried to apologize, but it was an epic fail!!

Ok, I have vented twice. Thanks for letting me rant.

jadebrit
Governor
jadebrit
In response to KimKV

I could vent all day, but I will spare you. I might need Quay's gun for my ex husband. Quay, I am so glad your friend finally left her DH.

jadebrit
Governor
jadebrit
In response to jadebrit

Kim - I think air force is a better choice. I know my ex wishes he went in the air force. I hope he can get the okay from the doc

MommaSaid
Mayor
MommaSaid
In response to KimKV

Good Monday morning! Usually, this is my favorite day of the week, but I'm having a hard time feeling it.

The weather is yucky.

I magically gained four pounds in the past week (trust me, there's a nugget of awesome on that, but as a girl I'm annoyed).

Taking DS back to pediatrician for recurring issue (and I'm over that nonsense. Doc and I are going to have a chitty chat about further testing).

Just one week until my CT scan and I may force the nurses to break out the chemo tomorrow, regardless of my platelet count.

Ohm, Henny Penny Ohm....

jadebrit
Governor
jadebrit
In response to MommaSaid

good luck with CT and chemo Anne. Make my petty problems seems not so important

KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 10-29-12 06:31 AM
In response to jadebrit

Yea we told on son to go Air Force, that's what husband was, but they just don't listen. I even went as far as to tell him over my dead body, no that didn't work either. God has a way of making sure we take the path when we let him.

Anne, I don't know your circumstances, so I will just wish you good luck and hope for the best for you.

I really need to stop get on the computer and get my chores done so I can scrap!!

MommaSaid
Mayor
MommaSaid
In response to jadebrit

No, NO NO, Jade.

Well, yes, thank you for the well wishes. I always love those.

No, your problems are NOT petty. Husbands -- ex and current alike -- should NEVER give so much grief. Whatever he did, it hurt you and that's not right. If they had smilies with shovels, I'd add those, too. Cuz, ya know, there's a ginormous pile of leaves in front of my house right now. Just sayin'....

And annoying doctor's office staff! Kim, I think you deserve a round of hugs, too! The ped's office staff loves to pre-diagnose my child when I call; get me in all sorts of alarm.

Quay, I'm also happy your friend is on her way to finding her footing again. Please give her a hug for me. Granted, I'm blessed with a good husband (not perfect, but good), but I've made the statement before that, if he ever were to lose his mind and lay a hand in anger, his first warning would be the loss of his... well... In the form of a euphemism, he wouldn't be making anyone a special blend of tea ever again.

Edited by MommaSaid on 10-29-12 06:37 AM. Reason for edit: I wanted to make the names pretty.

MommaSaid
Mayor
MommaSaid
In response to MommaSaid

Meh, short version of my circumstances (since it's part of my daily life; I'll just put it out there) -- stage 4 cancer. I've been fighting it since mid April, 2011. Other than all the nitty gritty; that basically means it's about as much hassle as a mosquito in the room. It's annoying; I have my down days but it's nothing that I can't get past, most of the time. I talk; I worry sometimes but I'll be hornswaggled if I'm going to let it win.

jadebrit
Governor
jadebrit
In response to MommaSaid

what kind of cancer? And thank you for all the hugs. My ex husband still hasn't paid my child support this month and since he just got out of the army no insurance so i might getting billed for westin's speech which $101 per visit. Not sure where I am going to come up with money for that. And christmas is coming up then Westin's birthday right after that

MommaSaid
Mayor
MommaSaid
In response to jadebrit

Ooohh, see?! That's a very valid concern! What kind of medical coverage are you eligible for? None through work, I take it?

It's certainly not one of the "glamorous" cancers. Hehe, I hesitate to say, but that's my issue to get over. Colorectal. It spread to my liver and lungs before it was found (April 1, 2011) and confirmed a few days later. The good news -- surgery removed the main tumor last February. Radiation made sure any tiny start-ups would be eliminated. During my radiation/chemo combo (see? I said I'd talk about it!) what was in my liver receded so much that they couldn't find it via scan last July; totally awesome. However, four additional spots appeared on my lungs; totally not.

jadebrit
Governor
jadebrit
In response to MommaSaid

nope. i'm trying to get medicaid.
My mom's friend just found out a few months ago that she had the same cancer. It is not a "nice" cancer lol

MommaSaid
Mayor
MommaSaid
In response to jadebrit

No, it's not. I'll keep your mom's friend in my thoughts and prayers; that she's getting the treatment she needs and fairs well through the side effects.

DaNel Hicks
Diva
DaNel Hicks
In response to MommaSaid

Ok. Today I'm doing things that I was not supposed to be doing but I need to do this anyway.

I'm taking a break and getting caught up here.

Anne, I'm glad to hear that you are doing well with your Cancer Treatment. I'm sorry to hear that it is not working 100%.

Jade, Sorry to hear about not getting child support and all of that. Some men are just low lifes.

Quay, I'm glad your helping your friend out. She is lucky to have a friend like you and your husband. (hope the brain Dr. gives good news)

If I read any other big news and did not comment I'm sorry. I'm tired and thus so my brain is not working.

I would love to invite anyone that wants to join to the Ugly Paper Challenge. http://www.scrapbook.com/forums/showtopic.php?tid/15819...

We are a fun group of women that take the ugliest papers in creation and make magic with them and turn them into beautiful layouts.

Quay
Quay 
Governor
Quay
  • Quay on 10-29-12 08:25 AM
In response to DaNel Hicks

Thanks everyone for the well wishes for my friend. I will tell her and I know she will cry, but a good cry!!

I'll fill you all in---my DH had a stroke August 4th of this year. He has recovered quite nicely but they have to keeps tabs now to make sure all is well. We got him to the hospital within an hour which gave them the time to put this magic drug in him and it helped him come back to normal. He has changed a bit his personality is a bit different, and he forgets things easier. But over all he is "normal" hehe

Ok I am off to shower (icky mental picture) and then off we go. I will be back to yickety yack later! Be good ladies...

KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 10-29-12 08:57 AM
In response to Quay

Anne, I am glad to hear you are keeping a positive attitude, I think that helps.

Yes, Jade, no bang bang!!! Not worth it.

Yeah I know, I said I was getting off here. But in my defense I was uploading a layout.

Page 4 of 24 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics