Page 1 of 4 
Username Post: cards for kids        (Topic#1582001)
randasue
Guru
randasue

hi everyone! i haven't been on here for a while...there has just been too much going on in my life!

i wanted to let you all know about the card project that i have shared with sb.com members for the past 3 years. my family volunteers at a camp for battered and abused children each summer. the campers receive mail in their mailbox every day from their counselors and other camp staff, such as grandmas and grandpas, other counselors, etc. the great people here have helped us for the past 3 years to have tons of cards for the campers. they are always so excited when they get their cards each day, and at night you can see them sitting on their beds, looking over their cards and they are so touched that people who don't even know them take the time to make cards for them.
the camp is called Royal Family Kids Camp ( rfkc.org). it is an organization that has camps all over the united states and the world. it is sponsored by churches, however nothing is "pushed" on them, we just love them and show them that someone does care about them.

the cards can be any size, but it is best not to make really big ones. they can be any theme, such as sports, animals, characters(such as disney, or other cartoon type characters.), girl theme or boy them, and birthday, encouraging words such as Way to go, great job, awesome, stuff like that.
we also have a theme each year that can be used to make cards, such as the jungle theme, patriotic, etc. i don't know the theme yet for this year, but will let you all as soon as i do.

if you want to be a part of this project, just post here or pm me. you can make as few or as many cards as you want. many sb'ers here use up their leftover scraps of materials to make cards. some do multiple cards of one design, while others make one of a kind. so anything goes pretty much.

i know that times are hard for some people, and if postage is a problem for anyone who wants to participate, just pm me. i have people who are not card makers who are willing to contribute to pay for postage.

if any of you are involved with any clubs or organizations, i have had people to get groups together to make cards. girl or boy scout troups, church groups, ladies groups, classes at school., just about any group can get together and make a ton of cards at once.

i hope you will consider joining us this year, either for the first time, or as a returning card maker!

post any questions on this thread, or pm me. i will add you to the list on the first page when you let me know you want to be a part.

thanks for considering this!

rhonda towe (randasue)
p.o. box 583
Morrow, ga 30260

1. Disneylisa
2. bayamonesa1
3. pamela.tx
4. scalvert2542
5. pinkpaperairedale
6. Sharon Elise
7. Prittb
8. Ohio4HMom
9. terrihooper
10. renwa 33
11. Linda Haulsee
12. texlady

disneylisa
Mayor
disneylisa
In response to randasue

Already have about 20 made and a box of supplies ready to make more.

Diva
In response to disneylisa

I want to help. Please count on me.

pamela.tx
Guru
pamela.tx
In response to bayamonesa1

I would love to help out too!

scalvert2542
Expert
scalvert2542
In response to pamela.tx

You can count me in again!

pinkpaperairedale
Guru
pinkpaperairedale
In response to scalvert2542

I am on again for next summer. It will be my 3rd year. Thanks for doing this.

randasue
Guru
randasue
In response to pinkpaperairedale

thanks to all of you..those returning and those joining for the first time!

i couldn't do this without all of you, and i know that you will be blessed for taking part in this!

i have alot going on right now with my special needs daughter, so i probably won't be on here everyday, but if you have a question, pm me or just post it on this thread, and some of our returning cardmakers might be able to help you!

thanks again!

randasue

Veteran
In response to randasue

Count me in again!!!

prittb
prittb 
Diva
prittb
In response to SHARON ELISE

Count me in again too!

Last year I sent 20 but I have 30 made now - so I am hoping to get many many more done by next spring. It is a great way to use up your left over pp pieces and embellies.

Ohio4HMom
Expert
Ohio4HMom
In response to prittb

The one's I sent this year came back to me I had the wrong zip code on them!

I'm going to resend them and make more!

terrihooper
Mayor
terrihooper
In response to Ohio4HMom

Count me in again--
Last time I made cards and left them blank so others could write a note in them-- Is that okay?

randasue
Guru
randasue
In response to terrihooper

welcome back to the project...Sharon Elise, prittb
Ohio4HMom, and terrihooper!!

And to ohio4HMom..sorry that your cards were returned! but i am glad you are going to keep on wwith the card project!

tterrihooper...yes we are supposed to leave the inside of the cards blank so that the staff can
write notes inside.

if everyone on here could send a link to people
that they know, telling them about the card
project, maybe we would get some more people
involved. it really is a great project and the kids love it, so the more people we let know about it, the more we cards we can get made for the cmapers.

thanks again!

Linda Haulsee
Veteran
Linda Haulsee
In response to randasue

I can help- what size cards?? Thanks!

prittb
prittb 
Diva
prittb
In response to Linda Haulsee

Thanks for the ino about leaving them blank on the inside of the cards. I know last year I left them blank.

renwa33
Expert
renwa33
In response to randasue

Count me in again this year!

randasue
Guru
randasue
In response to Linda Haulsee

• Linda Haulsee Said:
I can help- what size cards?? Thanks!

the cards can be any size you want to make them. i try to make mine on the small side, using up scraps and all, plus the staff doesn't have to fill up so much space with their writing if the cards aren't too big.....which makes a big difference when you are writing about 60 cards for each day of camp...

however...please do them whatever size you would like to make them...and they will be appreciated very much!
i am adding your name to the first post.

texlady
Diva
texlady
In response to randasue

Count me in. Maybe I should say count us in. I have people at a retirement center helping make these. We have about 75 so far.

randasue
Guru
randasue
In response to texlady

glad to have you and your group texlady! it is amazing how many cards you can make when you get a group together!
bayamonesa1...i received your cards today, and they are really awesome! they look great, and i am thrilled that you want to make more!

we are off to a great start....please share this with anyone you think might be interested!

texlady
Diva
texlady
In response to randasue

Texlady is not on the list on the front.

randasue
Guru
randasue
In response to texlady

so sorry!! i surely didn't mean to leave you out. i remember thinking i needed to, and thought that i did! that's what happens when you get old!!! lol! sorry!!

hey everyone, please share this with your friends so that we can get more people to help us out this year..thanks

Page 1 of 4 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics