Username Post: November Lets Share -Closed and Scrapping        (Topic#1582013)
GMFTS
GMFTS 
Mayor
GMFTS
  • GMFTS on 10-30-12 10:40 AM
In response to MarciLB

• Marcilb Said:
Yes...what IS it about that spray %&*%!!!!!What IS to like about it!!!!...thanks for the compliments but guess what?-that butterfly is covering up a B*L*O*B of that junk!!!!...anyone have suggestions on falling in love with that spray STUFF???!!!

I used to feel that way and now I just go ahead and use it...and every time I get near an LSS I buy more. I have a pretty good collection of all sorts but I am sure I can do better. LOL?

I say let the blobs be part of the lo...it makes it interesting. I do know that if you can hold the paper vertically and spray from farther away you are less likely to get a mess. Notice I said 'likely". LOL

MarciLB
Governor
MarciLB
In response to GMFTS

10 Weeks on Earth By Marcilb

I did this for Nov SCRAP THAT Sketch by Amarylis...she put it on here a couple of days ago but she really wants you to go to SCRAP THAT and upload it...I just loved her sketch so much I had to do it....I have a hard time using up a lot of flowers at one time (the hoarder in me!) so here I consider that I did just that!...I also used my fav cart of late---Elegant Edges for Cricut....I am redoing an old photo album racked by acid that my mother made me long ago....I always did 99% of my pages for and about others which I do enjoy most...but I started doing me with the Heritage challenges by Martica as I never did anything "old" before (YEP I am old!LOL)
TFL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GMFTS
GMFTS 
Mayor
GMFTS
  • GMFTS on 10-30-12 12:40 PM
In response to MarciLB

Here is one I did for the gallery inspiration challenge that I would like to share just because I had so much fun doing it (it is a lift of a wonderful lo by DRYCHA).
This month's twist is to scrap a story/novel you could/would write.
I finally scrapped this story that I have had in mind to do for a long time.

The Day the Moon burped and other true tales of the Muggins family By GMFTS

I enjoyed thinking of different ways to do the stars - stamped, masked, diecuts and finding just the right moons to use.

KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 10-30-12 01:00 PM
In response to GMFTS

WOHOO!! Look at use go!!!

Melissa, your reasons for liking that page were perfect! I loved it.

I have one I wasn't going to post, but decided since it gave me such a pain I would. But it will be tomorrow, lighting not so good right now!

KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 10-30-12 01:09 PM
In response to KimKV

The newest!!

Teresa Collins Tell Your Story collection By Melissasmith

Happiness By Flintridgescrapper

10 Weeks on Earth By Marcilb

The Day the Moon burped and other true tales of the Muggins family By GMFTS

NMscrapper
Mayor
NMscrapper
In response to melissasmith

Sorry Kim, I have a Cricut.

MarciLB
Governor
MarciLB
In response to NMscrapper

Melissa...love your reasons...does your family live far away?
Doreena...I just chuckled out loud about what your DH said!!!
Mary...I will try the vertical thing...............next time!!!.....I guess there WILL be a next time.....
Kim...no slice!...

KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 10-31-12 03:34 AM
In response to MarciLB

I have a Silhouette, love it! But I a slice too, why? Beats me! Was trying to use the other day and it's acting up. Guess I will have to call for help. Been so long since I used some of this stuff, can't remember all the tips and tricks for when they misbehave!!

KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 11-01-12 03:29 AM
In response to KimKV

Hello lo lo lo!!! Anybody out there???

NMscrapper
Mayor
NMscrapper
In response to KimKV

City in Despair By NMscrapper

Here is one I'd like to share. It was created for the Gallery Inspiration challenge, and the original was picked for me from my Favorites by the person who signed up after me. I dearly love anything Finnabair, so my Favorites is filled with her work. I've always thought I'd try her wonderful grunge style someday, but I got firmly pushed over the edge and knee deep into grunge when I was given her lovely layout "Vanity" to lift, LOL!

I love this page because I discovered not only many new and different techniques, but some things about myself as well.

As Marci and I discussed earlier, misting is a four-letter word, so why I like Finn is beyond me! I sprayed this, added more stuff, sprayed again, masked something, sprayed again, tore something off, sprayed again, rearranged stuff to cover the blobs, glued down more junk and sprayed yet again! And finally walked away only to return and spray again! The final result still makes my stomach twist!

In some ways, I loved the freedom of just doing it if it felt good. It was liberating to add elements where they don't usually belong and douse the whole thing with mist. It was daunting to create layers that aspired to beauty from ill-assorted "things." The mechanics are easy, the thought process is mind boggling!

From this, along with misting(!), I learned that I'm basically an orderly person who expects certain things to act in certain ways. I'm sort of stuck on symmetry, and things out of their usual order make me nervous. This project took a week to complete, and I finally just had to call a halt and say "enough, already." If not for that I'd probably still be misting!!!

KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 11-01-12 07:53 AM

Carol that was a laugh fest to read!!!

I am anal as well!!!

flintridgescrapper
Diva
flintridgescrapper
In response to KimKV

This is also for the Gallery Inspiration Challenge.

A Love Story By Flintridgescrapper

This was a hard one for me to do. Although the layouts with a lot of embellishments are pretty, I've never been able to make it look good. Mine have always looked like my embellishment boxes got dumped, and it all ended up on my layout! However, after I got to playing with this and started adding more stuff, I really ended up liking the result. I think I may frame this & put it in our bedroom.

MarciLB
Governor
MarciLB
In response to flintridgescrapper

carol I too laughed at the story!!!...I myself would have scrunched and thrown away a lot!!!...you did a fabulous job!...and thanks for sharing

MarciLB
Governor
MarciLB
In response to MarciLB

judy....glad to hear that others have trouble with the embellies...i chuckled with your description too!.....GREAT JOB WITH THIS LO!!!

KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 11-01-12 01:08 PM
In response to MarciLB

This is great!! I am so loving how we are doing things we don't normally do. Maybe we should call the "Outta your Comfy Zone" Challenge!!!

I've got a layout I keep meaning to post, but got some other stuff brewing that has pulled me away!!! LIFE!!

NMscrapper
Mayor
NMscrapper
In response to KimKV

Judy - You did so well on this it looks like you do it all the time. I too laughed ruefully at your comment about embellies, because I have the same problem. What you did here is so pretty though, by George I think you've got it, LOL!

Kim - Outta Your Comfy Zone, what a hoot! Love it!!

flintridgescrapper
Diva
flintridgescrapper

Carol, after I studied your layout, you've almost got me convinced that I need more spray! That's just a stunning layout!

I'm a challenge newbie, so I've really enjoyed getting involved in Mary's challenge and this one. I'm so intimidated by a lot of these techniques, and by being pushed out of my "comfy zone", I've really learned a lot of things, not only by doing them myself, but by studying all of your work! I'm lovin' it!

KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 11-01-12 05:27 PM

Well heck, I guess I gotta go get some of the #*^! spray!!!

Surprise By KimKV

My favorite thing on this spread, is my son is smiling in all of the pictures. This is a kid who, to quote his high school counselor, doesn't inform his face of what his brain is feeling.

Also the "lacing" of the yellow strips through the red, was purely accidental and I like it! The yellow strips are from trimming the 12x12 cardstock, you know so it will actually fit in the 12x12 page protectors. While my silhouette was cutting the red border things I as just playing around with the green one and the strips. Decided it looked cool, but better with the red.

Oh yea, I didn't mat any pictures again! Came close though.

Edited by KimKV on 11-01-12 05:28 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

flintridgescrapper
Diva
flintridgescrapper
In response to KimKV

LOL..."doesn't inform his face of what his brain is feeling". I know a few people like that.

I love how that lacing turned out. I've had a few of those "happy" accidents, and I love it when it happens. Cool layout!

GentlewoodFarms
Mayor
GentlewoodFarms

I'm a little slow out of the box, looks like,

Here's one from me for November.

Baldo by GentlewoodFarms

Things I love about this layout.

#1. The photo of me is particularly good. I'm not usually happy with the way I look on film. Denial of the reality of 55, I guess. ;-)

#2. The photo was taken during my trip to Italy. Gads, it was an AWESOME vacation!

#3. Any photo that includes me and a horse is always going to be a favorite for me.

#4. I LOVED this horse. He had SO much personality. If I could have shipped him home, I would have.

#5. The BoBunny Weekend Market paper. I've been hoarding it to scrap Italy photos. I'm working up a mini album for my mom with photos of me and my sister from our trip. This paper line is so perfect, I ordered a second package of it.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics