Username Post: IS THERE ANYONE ON HERE THAT LIVES IN MD, IF SO WHAT PART? NEED HELP        (Topic#1582015)
lovinthisscrapbookinthing

I was wondering if there was anyone on here that lives in MD, near the Outlet shopping center or surrounding areas??? I would really like to(need to)work with someone one on one. Im still new to the scrap booking world and I need like a tutorial or something....like knowing what certain tools are used for and the proper way to use them or help with actually getting started and putting together my LO. Right now it takes me an entire day to work on just one page. NO LIE, on a Saturday from sun up to sun down I might get two LO's completed. HELP! Anybobdy?!! Please!?

Juansmom
Guru
Juansmom
In response to lovinthisscrapbookinthing

Well, lovin, what types of product questions do you have? Start simple, then add tools and stuff to your stash. Check out michaels or joanns for a crop, which is a several hour long scrap session...they can show you how to use tools, different techniques, etc.

I looked for a Creative Memories consultant in my area when I was starting out, she helped alot. You could also look for a Close to my Heart or Stampin Up demonstrator. These people papercraft, scrap, stamp n make cards and sell products n teach how to use them...like a Mary Kay lady for your scraproom, not your face!! Good luck!

ChansGram
Queen
ChansGram
In response to Juansmom

Sorry I don't remember what it is called, but there is a site that you can go to to find people in your area for certain things.
Hopefully someone who knows will come on with the right name!! It may even be Craigslist, but I'm not sure?

There may be a group of scrapbookers on there for you to join.
Or if you have an Archivers close, they are always very helpful.
Good luck.

In response to ChansGram

Thx for responding guys.

Resident

Go to the Scrapbook Forum Index. About halfway down the page they have a forum that is by LOCATION. They list the individual states, including Maryland. You might resubmit your inquiry there and find someone in your area.

In response to oilbrat

oh ok thx :-)

Resident

...also, don't know if you have a local scrapbook store near you. When I first started, a local store offered several "beginners" courses for a really minimal charge. It really helped me understand what basic products I needed to get started. The owner was always very helpful with advice any time I was in her store. Unfortunately, like many scrapbook stores, it didn't make it and had to close. We're down to 2 in my area now. Maybe you can check to see if you have any local stores in your area.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics