Page 1 of 5 
Username Post: What do you want for Christmas this year?        (Topic#1582043)
teenuh
teenuh 
Tenant
teenuh

Maybe it's still a little too early, but I ALWAYS get my birthday/holiday presents early because I get too excited when I research whatever it is I'm eyeing then I just must have it NOW The art of patience is totally lost on me....

This year, I'm thinking of either getting a dedicated photo printer or a Silhouette Cameo for Christmas, but I'm having a hard time deciding! Which would you get? And what are some of the things you want for Christmas this year?

designguyKORY
Guru
designguyKORY
In response to teenuh

I definitely want a Silhouette. I've been trying to make myself get one for AGES, but because I'm paranoid to order something that costs that much- I keep putting it off. If only I could just walk into a store and buy one!!!

I recently got a good printer- and having a printer that does good photos make a world of difference. I'm very much a person that gets an idea and wants to do that idea THAT VERY SECOND- so being able to print out a nice 4x6 photo (or whatever size you have an idea for) and scrap it THAT MOMENT makes a world of difference to me...

Other than the Sihouette- there are tons of dies that I want... I love the dies...

:-)

-kory k

GMFTS
GMFTS 
Mayor
GMFTS
  • GMFTS on 10-25-12 08:34 AM
In response to designguyKORY

I want a cordless drill.

And a new kaleidoscope or two... I collect them and haven't added to my collection in quite a while.

GIGIGI30
Expert
GIGIGI30

• designguyKORY Said:
I definitely want a Silhouette.
-kory k

^this!

After Oh My Craft screwed me over with the shipping and left me with no cutter, I've lost my desire to scrap. Hopefully I can save enough again before Christmas and get the Silhouette Cameo then...Oh and I want some Letraset Promarkers and a new iPad.

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny
In response to GIGIGI30

Some Sizzix stuff, some paper and ink and stamps and embellishments, some baseball shirts, some refills on essential scrapping supplies, some hidden-object PC games. But I don't buy my own Christmas presents, so I won't know till Christmas (and the weekend just before it, when we'll do Christmas with my parents and siblings) what I'm getting.

Edited by aquabunny on 10-25-12 08:47 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

teenuh
teenuh 
Tenant
teenuh

What kind of photo printer did you get (if you don't mind sharing)? I need some suggestions for models since there are so many on the market! Also, what kind of die cutting machine do you have, and how do you like it?

It is a little daunting spending so much on one scrapbooking item! I would only use the Silhouette and photo printer for scrapbooking since I don't do any other crafts (yet!). I already spent over $1000 since I started scrapbooking in July. Now that I have all the essentials (adhesive, cardstock, trimmer, patterened paper, etc etc etc ), I don't think I'll be spending so much each month. Thank goodness!!! But this is for Christmas, so I don't mind spoiling myself (or having my fiance spoil me...lol) since I'll probably spend about the same amount on his present. We both purposely save big purchases only for birthdays/Christmas.

teenuh
teenuh 
Tenant
teenuh
In response to GIGIGI30

• GIGIGI30 Said:
  • designguyKORY Said:
I definitely want a Silhouette.
-kory k

^this!

After Oh My Craft screwed me over with the shipping and left me with no cutter, I've lost my desire to scrap. Hopefully I can save enough again before Christmas and get the Silhouette Cameo then...Oh and I want some Letraset Promarkers and a new iPad.

I've never heard of Oh My Craft, but I guess I'll stay away from buying things there! So sorry you couldn't get your electronic cutter!

I got the iPad 2 as a birthday present in 2011, and I still use it every day. I'm not looking to buy a new tablet just yet since my iPad is still working great, but the new iPad mini looks really nice!

teenuh
teenuh 
Tenant
teenuh
In response to GMFTS

• GMFTS Said:
I want a cordless drill.

And a new kaleidoscope or two... I collect them and haven't added to my collection in quite a while.

I haven't had a kaleidoscope since I was in grade school, but I remember they were always so fun and pretty to look into! What a great idea for a collection item!

snoflake517
Veteran
snoflake517
In response to teenuh

I LOVE my Cameo. Definitely worth the investment. Mine was shipped just perfectly! I really need new tires. That's what I want for christmas. But for scrappy stuff...oh man, I would love to get the distress markers and the simple stories christmas collection for this year. So adorable!

Lunareclipse
Veteran
Lunareclipse
In response to snoflake517

All I want is some brads. Lots of brads.

Expert
In response to snoflake517

• snoflake517 Said:
I LOVE my Cameo. Definitely worth the investment. Mine was shipped just perfectly! I really need new tires. That's what I want for christmas. But for scrappy stuff...oh man, I would love to get the distress markers and the simple stories christmas collection for this year. So adorable!

I just put new tires on my car! Merry Christmas to me!
As for scrappy stuff, I want to try the Heidi Swapp sprays!

justartguy007
Pro
justartguy007
In response to scrappy_day

I just got my cameo few weeks ago. I'm loving it really a nice machine to have. I knew I had the money and decided to treat myself to "early" birthday gift. What I really would like for christmas is some Tim Holtz paper and some more of his distress ink. Maybe some of the Graphic 45 paper. I just start scrapbooking back in August so a newbie here of scrapbooking. But enjoying it so far. I have a Kodak all in one printer. It prints good photos and I print them with Kodak photo paper. But looking at printers where I can just print photos.

Justie

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 10-25-12 01:17 PM
In response to teenuh

• teenuh Said:

This year, I'm thinking of either getting a dedicated photo printer or a Silhouette Cameo for Christmas, but I'm having a hard time deciding!

This is my wish list as well. I have no problem buying a bunch of little things, but I have a harder time justifying expensive things. I actually do have a "photo printer" but I have never printed an actual photo on it so I don't know how well it does. It's an HP all in one inkjet printer and I'm naturally skeptical that the photos would be store quality.

Expert
In response to Vae

I would like some Marianne dies. I just came across these Dutch dies. So intricate! (you may have seen it in another post.)
Just one more thing to collect. I might like some more spellbinders dies also.

ajsophios62
Diva
ajsophios62
In response to teenuh

$1000. in a month. You've done well. It is very hard deciding on the big ticket items as everyone has there favourites and theres just so much out there. I purchased a Cricut when they first came out, and now it rarely gets used. BUT I love my Cuttlebug. It's just so easy and quick use.

Now for Christmas I would like... some new riding boots and pants and to have my scrap room expanded. Now that's wishful thing ,the scrap room thingy is anyway : )

Scrap related I don't NEED anything more but what I WANT is a totally whole other thing.

Cindyckj
Pro
Cindyckj
In response to deedee49

What I want is for my kiddo to have a good christmas. I buy for him, dad and the animals and dad gives me money to get my son something from him cause his knees at age 76 are getting bad.

Being a single mom and his father is in another state I try to let my son pick me out something from the local dg and my brother or sister-in-law will take him. He was so upset a couple years ago when there was nothing under the tree for me and I didn't mind it cause I just wanted him to have a good christmas.

Was thinking though of maybe taking him into the lss and showing him some stuff I like and then going and sitting in the crop room and letting the owner help him out with getting me something so that I won't see it and can be surprised if I have the money and haven't spent it all on him.

Edited by Cindyckj on 10-25-12 03:18 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

950nancy
Diva
950nancy
In response to Cindyckj

I want the Gazelle, but I don't want to wait. I love gift cards to scrappy places and I want the Container Store. The whole store.

CrimsonMama
Mayor
CrimsonMama
In response to 950nancy

Oh my goodness, I have LONG wish list plus about $300 in Spellbinders dies I want. I might have to buy some of those before Christmas.

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 10-25-12 05:21 PM
In response to CrimsonMama

What is a Gazelle? I searched and all I found was some kind of exercise equipment... is that what you're talking about?

ChansGram
Queen
ChansGram
In response to Vae

The Gazelle is a cutting machine.

Page 1 of 5 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics