Page 1 of 4 
Username Post: Oct Progressive Round 1 ~~~ on-line crop starting Sat 8 am East~~~~        (Topic#1582059)
Ms.Schwiet
Queen
Ms.Schwiet

A Progressive Challenge is done quickly and in steps.........it's like scrapbooking meets Simon Says with a touch of choose your group's adventure. Or it could be described as going to a virtual crop since we chat and scrap at the same time. Here's why a virtual crop can be great:

~*~ there's no pressure to buy more scrap supplies (like you need more)

~**~ it's from the comfort of your own home (including the scream/fighting kids, hubby that needs your help finding something you miss placed, crying baby, and bothersome calls from the MIL)

~***~ your supplies don't have to be packed and unpacked (because they're right where you left them--or at least that's where you thought you left it)

THIS IS A MOTIVATIONAL ROUND --- no points no prizes

At the selected time of the day Saturday 8 AM EST, I will give directions for you to follow approximately every 15 minutes until the challenge/layout is complete. I will not even know the how the layout will turn out because you all will help make decisions as I narrate a story. It’s like a choose your own adventure scrapbook challenge.

This weekend our progressive will be related to ???? I'm still looking for this topic and wiki list

We will do a second round Saturday at noon and speed round at 5 PM east. MAYBE a Sunday evening round --- stay tuned

You will need common scrap supplies and 1 or 2 or 3 pictures to be decided at the time of the challenge. The first step can be using a sketch or scraplifting, so you can get a head start on finding what you'll want to use.

You must follow the steps and you should not peek ahead if you are doing the page after the fact. You must do what the step says, but you can do more if you would like. For example if the step calls for adding embellishments and you’re told to add two you could add three.

You can play with me at that time I give the directions or you can follow later following the order when you get a free moment to play. For this mega large progressive you have one week to finish any project.

Some sneak peeks:
*Step one: find a sketch or a LO to scraplift or freestyle
**Step two: paper selection and placement
***Step three: adding pictures
****Step four: adding handmade embellishments adding including newest goodies
*****Step five: adding "more" to the page
******Step six: adding the title
*******Step seven: journaling/doodling time

THE RULES:
*Your lo has to be new as of the day the challenge, hence a progressive challenge.
**Upload your lo here within one week of the last direction.
***Single or double page LO's are fine. Any size is allowed too! Paper only as the directions are for that type.
****When the challenge weekend has been closed I will PM all participants and each person that completes a page will select their favorite project. Voting earns you more points
*****Don’t vote for yourself as you will points for PMing a vote..
******You can start the challenge at anytime within the the week.
this is a motivational round....we throw points, voting and rules out the window
*******You MUST follow each direction step-by-step one at a time, NO sneak peeks.

Ms.Schwiet
Queen
Ms.Schwiet
In response to Ms.Schwiet

layouts

Ms.Schwiet
Queen
Ms.Schwiet

Here's one board with new ideas you can use in place of any of the steps..

Sept Pins

Oct Pins

Ms.Schwiet
Queen
Ms.Schwiet

Evening scrapers just checking in... 12 hours till go time

iuplori
Guru
iuplori

Heading to bed soon so I can set my alarm to get up and scrap!

justowen
Governor
justowen
In response to iuplori

Just realized this will be 7am my time! Just told the hubby...I will need coffee!

Ms.Schwiet
Queen
Ms.Schwiet
In response to justowen

Okay I'm up and stirring. I made entire pot of coffee. Working on the first cup and got the chicken defrosting to put in the crockpot.

Ms.Schwiet
Queen
Ms.Schwiet

Okay I found a state by state lst of largest pumpkins so I'll tweak this for today. Use the us list only and if u could state your answer by state cause that's what my spreadsheet will have. Here's the link

http://www.backyardgardener.com/record.html

I'm off to get questions

Ms.Schwiet
Queen
Ms.Schwiet

step 1- Find the Pumpkin owners name with the letter that starts with the same letter as your first name.

Step 2- Find the Pumpkin owners with the letter that starts with the same letter as your most dreaded teacher’s name in school.

Step3-Find the state you currently live in.

Step 4- Find the State were your BFF was born in.

Step 5- Find the State you were born in

Step 6- find the state you last traveled to

Step 7 - find the pumpkin weight closest in number to your house number

iuplori
Guru
iuplori

I'm up and here....straightening up a bit and off to shower and nurse the baby before we begin. I'll be back!

justowen
Governor
justowen
In response to iuplori

Good Morning! Dh made me get out of bed at 6 and had a cup of coffee waiting for me. I'm heading to the scraproom at 6:30 and hoping it's not FREEZING down there. The outside temp is 30 degrees right now and it feels chilly here on the main level of the house....dh likes to turn down the thermostat, so I have no idea what the temp is.

iuplori
Guru
iuplori
In response to justowen

justowen....my dh is just the opposite...he likes it so toasty warm that I get sweated out of bed!

justowen
Governor
justowen
In response to iuplori

That would definitely be worse! Personally, I like to sleep in a room that's a little cold so that I can cuddle under a pile of blankets, however I worry that the kids...well, now it's just Noela...will get cold and not sleep well.

The really annoying thing is that dh wants to set the temp high in the summer and low in the winter...I prefer a fairly constant temp.

Ms.Schwiet
Queen
Ms.Schwiet
In response to justowen

Lori that is heck of an AM routine. This is what my gf has posted as her employer: Owner-Operator at 24/7 Breastaurant

Jenny I love it like too. Give me a blanket to snuggle under ALWAYS. I had to put on my fuzzy pj's cause it's a little chilly here to. Although I'm sure I define chilly much differently than you Jenny. It'll be a beauty of a day though. Occasional winds but dry, dry, dry since that hurricane is sucking all the moisture to the other coast. the best thing I can do is scarp all day!!!

Anyone else here and as ready as us three?? Has everyone opened the link to the pumpkin question or at least answered the questions. And what about the pinterest links. Have you all got those windows open to so you can select one of them instead of one around here.

Give me a few minutes to locate the template. I hope I put the last one on my jump drive.

iuplori
Guru
iuplori

I've got the sept. pins open, but the october link doesn't work.

My q's are all ready to go, but I can't find this one darn photo i'm looking for!

justowen
Governor
justowen
In response to iuplori

Oops I was trimming scraps and forgot to open windows!

Noela is doing one of the sb.com challenges...she just likes to have the guidelines, but usually doesn't want her art posted.

Ms.Schwiet
Queen
Ms.Schwiet
In response to iuplori

Is this one better??

http://pinterest.com/msschwiet/october-scr ap-********/

justowen
Governor
justowen
In response to justowen

Oct pins didn't work for me, either, but everything else is open now..I think.

iuplori
Guru
iuplori

That one's not working for me either

Ms.Schwiet
Queen
Ms.Schwiet

step 1- Find the Pumpkin owners name with the letter that starts with the same letter as your first name.

Page 1 of 4 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics