Username Post: What's the difference?        (Topic#1582085)
meezerpleaser
Idol
meezerpleaser

I've got plenty of Stickles and use them lots, but I was wondering what the difference was between them and glitter? I lost my mind and got a bunch of glitter from M's on sale and now I'm wondering what to do with it?

Mia1979
Diva
Mia1979
In response to meezerpleaser

Stickles is basically fine specks of glitter in glue as opposed to just regular fine glitter. I use Stickles sometimes but I dont use glitter.

Seaside Dreams
Veteran
Seaside Dreams
In response to Mia1979

The mess factor, to me. Stickles are much less messy compared to glitter. Plus, stickles don't tend to flake off everywhere after they're dried like glitter does.

kiyawinn
Guru
kiyawinn

Glitter is just......more glittery!
I use it on things......you can glitter embellishments (pumpkins for Halloween, fall leaves, Christmas trees and ornaments)
I heat emboss snowflakes and then sprinkle with glitter while the embossing is still wet......adds a cool sparkle
Glitter is just more intense!
You can use the thin tapes and make your own glitter tape, you can add glitter to the edge of papers, transparencies etc..
I also will just glue chunky bits of glitter onto backgrounds of layouts for a random sparkle.....
It can be messy but I use one of the glitter trays and clean up with wet wipes and don't find it that bad....

Alison

darkchami
Expert
darkchami
In response to kiyawinn

I tend to use glitter when I want to cover a large area. Stickles are reserved for small accents.

terrihooper
Mayor
terrihooper
In response to darkchami

• darkchami Said:
I tend to use glitter when I want to cover a large area. Stickles are reserved for small accents.

me, too!
I love the idea of adding it to wet heat embossed images-- I will have to try that--

meezerpleaser
Idol
meezerpleaser
In response to terrihooper

Large areas like what? Anyone have an example from the Gallery?

madmatter
Diva
madmatter

Hate glitter (too messy)
LOVE stickles

dwelch
dwelch 
Diva
dwelch
In response to madmatter

I recently saw a video on Pinterest of someone who put a small "glob" of Crystal Effects in a little pot, then stirred in quite a lot of glitter (the fine kind). She used a toothpick to apply it, but I suppose you could use a brush if you were careful. If you're on Pinterest, you could probably search for "glitter video" and find it or go out to my site (Darla Welch) and I believe I saved it under my tutorials board.

kiyawinn
Guru
kiyawinn

• meezerpleaser Said:
Large areas like what? Anyone have an example from the Gallery?

Here's an example from my gallery....
I glittered the 'O' in Halloween to make it look like a pumpkin....I also glittered (with really fine glitter) 2 of the banners, orange and black....

Just try it on an embellishment...glitter the edges of a fabric or paper flower embellishment, cover chipboard embellishments, add it to alphabets for sparkle etc....
I like Stickles for a sheer, modest sort of sparkle and glitter for more of a Pow!

Alison

Halloween 2010 By Kiyawinn

Lunareclipse
Veteran
Lunareclipse
In response to kiyawinn

I use stickles for a little glittery. I use glitter for a lot glittery.

ChansGram
Queen
ChansGram
In response to Lunareclipse

I am not a big fan of glitter but it does work good for some things, when I do use it I like the real fine glitter.
I did this Santa card with a thin layer of glue and the fine glitter. I don't think I could have achieved this look with Stickles, but that's me, I don't seem to have very good success with Stickles.
Tis the season card By ChansGram

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics