Page 3 of 3 
Username Post: Sandy's on her way        (Topic#1582111)
madmatter
Diva
madmatter
In response to 950nancy

they are still unclear about it Nancy ...

right now it looks like the days will have to be made up somewhere (eliminating part/all of Spring break, or perhaps lengthening the school year), but it is only November. If any snow days are needed for actual snow, they may have to figure something else out. If, like last year, we don't really get any snow, we will be fine.

happy2Bscrapper
Idol
happy2Bscrapper
In response to madmatter

I am from the Jersey Shore- about 2 miles in from the Ocean. My family did well ( my brother has a tree fall on his car and another fall on his garage roof) but many of my work and Church families lost their homes or are cleaning up flooded first floors. I work in Social Services and we are trying to find places for people that are in temporary shelters. It is devastating. At one time I lived in Sea Bright . It is devastating to see what has become of Sea Bright and the other beach towns.

madmatter
Diva
madmatter
In response to happy2Bscrapper

Sandy's gone, but the Nor'easter is now pounding the area ... a bunch of neighborhoods nearby are without power again, after just getting it back, and it took me 5 hours to go round trip into the city tonight, a trip that should take maybe 2-2 1/2 hours under normal circumstances

I can't believe it's still only the beginning of November ... oy

Page 3 of 3 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics