Page 1 of 24 
Username Post: Very Laid Back Challenge - November Edition        (Topic#1582119)
ncyankee
Queen
ncyankee

Welcome to the VLB (VERY LAID BACK CHALLENGE) -- November Edition

Please read this entire post before you sign up.

For anyone new to this challenge, here's the idea: so many of us crave all the lovin' our neighbors leave when we do challenges, but sometimes we just want to create layouts and projects that have nothing to do with challenges (and still get some love!). Well, for this challenge, you can just create pages and other projects and link them here. You can follow my weekly challenges, but it's not a requirement. Basically, anything goes!

Here's the one and only catch: YOU HAVE TO LEAVE COMMENTS ON THE OTHER PARTICIPANTS' LAYOUTS AND PROJECTS. So, if you sign up, you are committing yourself to leaving comments as well as receiving them. To keep this from becoming an overwhelming task, I'm restricting the number of players to 35 or so. This is not a one entry challenge. This is a month long commitment to post ALL your work and check out everyone else's. Please post projects only from this month. And please be aware that we can be REALLY CHATTY on this thread and the posts can add up really fast.

Also -- I'd love to learn everyone's first name --if it's not in your siggy could you please tell us.

Every weekend, I'll post a new challenge.

****** I will be out of town from 10/31 thru 11/4****** I don't know if I will have wifi or not. So if I don't update the front page -- please don't fret. YOU ARE ALL IN!!!!

Challenges:
Week 1: Use twine, fiber, thread on a lo. You don't have to sew - but why the heck not!

Week 2 -- Embossing.

Players:
1. NCYANKEE
2. Pamela.TX
3. Scrapperbee
4. LesleyC
5. AllAmy
6. Lenethren
7. dancinIrish90
8. TenaE
9. SaraS
10. ScrapnMama
11. AnnaC
12. lpeeps
13. AuntyT
14. cveira
15. chili_chicken
16. byondbzr
17. sasload4
18. autumngold
19. MelissaW
20. raining
21. melissasmith
22. HenriJean

Edited by ncyankee on 11-09-12 04:13 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

ncyankee
Queen
ncyankee
In response to ncyankee

Challenge # 1

Use fiber, thread, twine on a lo.

pamela.tx
Guru
pamela.tx
In response to ncyankee

Count me in again!!

scrapperbee
Angel
scrapperbee
In response to pamela.tx

Of course, I'm in. And won't be gone much this month!

LesleyC
Diva
LesleyC
In response to scrapperbee

I'm in! Love you ladies. I probably would have given up on Scrapping months ago if it wasn't for the inspiration I get from this group.

AllAmy
AllAmy 
Angel
AllAmy
In response to LesleyC

here I am. Me me me

Lenethren
Governor
Lenethren
In response to LesleyC

I'd like in again please.

dancinirish90
Queen
dancinirish90
In response to Lenethren

Me, please!

Tena E.
Queen
Tena E.
In response to dancinirish90

Me too, please!

dancinirish90
Queen
dancinirish90
In response to Tena E.

Here's my bomb

I Ruff You! By Dancinirish90

April '08 By Dancinirish90

May '08 By Dancinirish90

June '08 By Dancinirish90

His & Hers tags By Dancinirish90

Happy Day By Dancinirish90

ncyankee
Queen
ncyankee
In response to dancinirish90

Lisa has the first bomb of the thread. Way to go.

ncyankee
Queen
ncyankee
In response to ncyankee

First post updated --

I'm exhausted this morning. I stayed up to watch 2 episodes of Revenge last night.

SaraS
SaraS 
Governor
SaraS
  • SaraS on 10-29-12 05:41 AM
In response to ncyankee

Count me in please!

Scrapn mama
Governor
Scrapn mama
In response to SaraS

Me too please!!!

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to Scrapn mama

Good morning!

I’m in for November too. Not sure how much scrappy stuff I will get done other than DT….

Hurricane Sandy is not being nice to us. We have several inches of snow on the ground with a lot more predicted along with high winds. Brrrrr…….

Henri, hope you are safe from Sandy!

Rebecca, I hope Jim is doing better and that things are calming down for you.

Bev, hope you are rested up after your trip!

Have fun at your state competition, Eileen!

AllAmy
AllAmy 
Angel
AllAmy
In response to Anna C

Well bomb diggety IrishLisa!

I've got 1
Fall Frolics By AllAmy

lpeeps
lpeeps 
Mayor
lpeeps
In response to Anna C

I'm here. I'm sure I need to finish up on love for October too, of course that's after Lisa's bomb that I'm jealous of.
Busy week for us. Football playoffs are this week and Chris has his last week of play practice before performances start next week which means loooong practices. I think we may all be tired this week. I am also going to some Alzheimer's meetings to get some help and ideas for taking better care of my mom. She is getting extremely stubborn about bathing and taking care of herself. I had to go be the firm, there is no choice person this last Saturday. I am not ready to be a parent to my parents but it's here.

Hope everyone on the East Coast is staying safe. I have many friends over there from when I lived there and am worried and praying for all of you.

pamela.tx
Guru
pamela.tx
In response to lpeeps

Hey ladies! Man, am I tired!! It was such a long weekend. I feel like I should have stayed home from work today to recuperate from the weekend. Saturday was a fun filled day of shopping for everyone….more for the girls... Claire’s, Justice, Party City, and then Hobby Lobby for all of us. I was able to pick up some modeling paste, stencils, paint pens and Thickers. I have seen some of you ladies use modeling paste and want to give it a try. I tell ya, y’all really inspire me and make me want to try new things. And in turn, my Honey sees me and wants to try new things too. (Don’t tell him I said that!) LOL BTW, he was so touched by all the love he received on his layout I posted. That was actually his 2nd layout he ever made. He wouldn’t let me post his 1st. He was so inspired with all the love he received that he made another one. Saturday night was consumed by an away game of baseball (last game of the season, thank goodness) for my son. Sunday was a day of rushing my son to game of paintball with his team, running back home to pick up the rest of the kiddos to take and pick out their pumpkins for our annual pumpkin carving, and then rushing my youngest daughter to cheer practice.

Rebecca - I hope your hubby gets to feeling better soon.

Eileen – We have our costumes ready for our fur babies too. I hope it went well for your adoption event. I hope Cooper gets a really good home.

Lesley – My Honey really laughed out loud at your little comment on his layout! You made him feel better by bringing up the word “tools” so he didn’t feel like his Man Card was stolen from him.

Melissa – I hope your kiddos feel better soon. Poor babies! I hope all is well with the homework thing. I do NOT miss them days. I was so glad when I finished my degree. It seemed like I never had enough time to spend with my son. He always put me on a guilt trip because most of my evenings and weekends were consumed with homework and classes and we couldn’t have our “date night” together.

Tena – I wish I could find a “Christmas in the South” craft show around here. There doesn’t seem to be many craft shows around my area. I keep looking to see if there is anything coming up but I never have any luck.

~Lisa~ you are killing me with your bomb!

Lisa (peeps) – I hope all is well with your mom. It’s going to be a long road but hang in there. We are going through the same thing with my grandfather.

AllAmy
AllAmy 
Angel
AllAmy
In response to pamela.tx

LisaPeeps- hugs hun.
I've gone to an Alzheimer's support group (Kaiser offers one free in our area, even to non Kaiser patients). It did feel good to talk to a group that "gets" it and there was also a professional counselor there who really had some wise words. Hope you can find something in your area too.

and another from me
Costume Parade By AllAmy

ncyankee
Queen
ncyankee
In response to AllAmy

DOO ---
Cool Dudes By Ncyankee

Edited by ncyankee on 10-29-12 11:26 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Page 1 of 24 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics