Username Post: How To Mount a Rubber Stamp to Acrylic        (Topic#1582121)
New Kid On the Block

Wondering if anyone can help me. I have some unmounted rubber stamps that I would like to use on acrylic blocks. I spent way too much time at Michaels today trying to figure this out with no luck. I found this site after googling for help, and it led me here for EZ Mounting Static Cling? Anyone have experience or tips to pass along? I see there are different sizes of thickness as well.
Thanks so much!

Here Kitty
Mayor
Here Kitty
In response to jtrindel

Here's a youtube tutorial on it
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jS10Gj3IhUw

binkiemonstermom
Idol
binkiemonstermom
In response to Here Kitty

For unmounted bare rubber stamps, I use Aleene's Tack It Over and Over glue. You can find this at Michaels but not all Michaels carries it. Put a thin coating of it on the back of the rubber, let dry all the way. The rubber will stick to your clear blocks!!!!! VERY cheap and VERY easy!!! THIN coating is the key!!!!

If you have double sided tape, that will work for a quick fix too!!!

pinkpaperairedale
Guru
pinkpaperairedale
In response to binkiemonstermom

There is a product here in the superstore made by Tsukineko called Tack 'n Peel. It is a reusable cling sheet. It is specifically made for this purpose. It works great and has an endless life! I prefer this to using double stick tape because you have to scrap hard to get the tape removed from the acrylic block. I have added the product to this message.

Edited by pinkpaperairedale on 11-04-12 08:51 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Diva
In response to pinkpaperairedale

I have to check out some of the suggestion. I ahev some stamps that need to be mounted. Great suggestions! Thank you so much!

catzscrapper
Pro
catzscrapper
In response to bayamonesa1

Just a mention...I like to use clear page protectors in a binder to stick the stamps to when not in use. I put a piece of either light cardboard(like from a cereal box) or a piece of cardstock into the page protector to give it some body so it does not fold all over the place. But I usually put them according to category on a sheet/page-plants, animals, people, Christmas, Birthday,words... I started with a smaller binder when I had fewer stamps, then graduated to an 8 1/2 x 11 size that is 4 inches thick when I started getting crazy. Yes I love rubber stamps!

flutterbye0419
Diva
flutterbye0419
In response to catzscrapper

would this work for cheap clear ones that i have? i tried using some of them today and they just won't stick to my acrylic block anymore. i haven't used them in a coons age, so i don't know if that has anything to do with it or if there's another trick for the clear ones that have lost their umph...

thanks in advance!

catzscrapper
Pro
catzscrapper
In response to flutterbye0419

Dawn, it should work for the cheap stamps...but first try washing them with just soap and water, then allow the stamps to air dry. Most will get re-tacky after getting washed as long as you do not dry them with a paper towel or any thing they will put a coating on them(lint, dust, paper residue). I found taking the time to just let them air dry has worked best for me.
I also like the 1/8 inch thick foam sheets for my stamps that need the foam. Gives a little cush when stamping and I like that.

binkiemonstermom
Idol
binkiemonstermom
In response to catzscrapper

I would suggest washing them as well!

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to binkiemonstermom

yep, wash and rinse well, and they should stick like magic again.

MsShyOne
Tenant
MsShyOne
In response to CommaHolly

I used the method from Susan Peters at stamp some fun dot com. That was three years ago and they're still holding up!

Unmounted Stamp Storage in binder By MsShyOne

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics